Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This weekend of boxing.
mitukczuk
post Apr 28 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

A little recap and some thoughts on whats happened this weekend.

1) Something was not right in Martinez's win over Murray. I am not jumping on the "hes getting old" bandwagon but I am starting to think he is losing a step or two. He sometimes has moments where he looks like an ordinary fighter. This saturday he had more than enough of them.

2) Zab Judah lost but he is NOT done yet. To me he looked pretty damn good against Garcia. Danny will give everyone a run for their money but I think Zab showed us that Danny is beatable if you tag him good. The dude just stops punching when hes hurt. Literally!

3) Amir Khan won a close decision over Julio Diaz. I wholeheartedly disagree with the decision (I had it 115-113 both times I watched the fight) and you are more than welcome to disagree with my scoring as well. To me Amir looked very limited and uncomfortable. Some people saw improvements in his D. I didn't. The only thing I liked was his jab - looked strong. I have never heard about Diaz before and...shame on me. Solid fighter!

4) Arreola came in overweight and looked terrible against Stiverne. Although I am a fan of his, someone who seems to be unable to control his weight should not be involved in boxing period.

5) Speaking about overweight....Toney lost a narrow decision against Browne and should retire.

6) Audley "The Glass Ass" Harrison was koed in the 1st by Wilder. Deontay was swinging like a windmill !!! Nuff said.

Toughts ?

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 28 2013, 01:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cheesey1
post Apr 28 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

To me, Arreola always looks terrible.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:11 PM