Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This weekend of boxing.
mitukczuk
post Apr 28 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

A little recap and some thoughts on whats happened this weekend.

1) Something was not right in Martinez's win over Murray. I am not jumping on the "hes getting old" bandwagon but I am starting to think he is losing a step or two. He sometimes has moments where he looks like an ordinary fighter. This saturday he had more than enough of them.

2) Zab Judah lost but he is NOT done yet. To me he looked pretty damn good against Garcia. Danny will give everyone a run for their money but I think Zab showed us that Danny is beatable if you tag him good. The dude just stops punching when hes hurt. Literally!

3) Amir Khan won a close decision over Julio Diaz. I wholeheartedly disagree with the decision (I had it 115-113 both times I watched the fight) and you are more than welcome to disagree with my scoring as well. To me Amir looked very limited and uncomfortable. Some people saw improvements in his D. I didn't. The only thing I liked was his jab - looked strong. I have never heard about Diaz before and...shame on me. Solid fighter!

4) Arreola came in overweight and looked terrible against Stiverne. Although I am a fan of his, someone who seems to be unable to control his weight should not be involved in boxing period.

5) Speaking about overweight....Toney lost a narrow decision against Browne and should retire.

6) Audley "The Glass Ass" Harrison was koed in the 1st by Wilder. Deontay was swinging like a windmill !!! Nuff said.

Toughts ?

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 28 2013, 01:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gambit808
post Apr 28 2013, 11:31 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 28 2013, 02:04 PM) *
A little recap and some thoughts on whats happened this weekend.

1) Something was not right in Martinez's win over Murray. I am not jumping on the "hes getting old" bandwagon but I am starting to think he is losing a step or two. He sometimes has moments where he looks like an ordinary fighter. This saturday he had more than enough of them.

2) Zab Judah lost but he is NOT done yet. To me he looked pretty damn good against Garcia. Danny will give everyone a run for their money but I think Zab showed us that Danny is beatable if you tag him good. The dude just stops punching when hes hurt. Literally!

3) Amir Khan won a close decision over Julio Diaz. I wholeheartedly disagree with the decision (I had it 115-113 both times I watched the fight) and you are more than welcome to disagree with my scoring as well. To me Amir looked very limited and uncomfortable. Some people saw improvements in his D. I didn't. The only thing I liked was his jab - looked strong. I have never heard about Diaz before and...shame on me. Solid fighter!

4) Arreola came in overweight and looked terrible against Stiverne. Although I am a fan of his, someone who seems to be unable to control his weight should not be involved in boxing period.

5) Speaking about overweight....Toney lost a narrow decision against Browne and should retire.

6) Audley "The Glass Ass" Harrison was koed in the 1st by Wilder. Deontay was swinging like a windmill !!! Nuff said.

Toughts ?

Martinez looked the way I thought he would look. It may not have resulted the way I thought, but when u look at his performance in movement, I can't help but throw the age factor in, not nessasarily for his over all performance but the way the leg injury effected his movement. U take his movement away and he's gonna get hit because he doesent look to me like he can block for shit. I also read he has a broken hand from the fight with Murray and if so, that in it self just tells me that we will continue to see flaws until someone skilled enough WILL capitalize.

Zab did his thing but he waited to long and I don't blaim him. Garcia had a lot of steam in him and when a bit of that left him, Zab was able to capitalize on mistakes as a true veteran would. Kudos to Garcia though. He came into Brooklyn and did his thing, even while having more than just the fight to worry about. This the 2nd time I missed a fight with him at the Barclay SMH, but hey I couldn't pass on the playoff lol.

SMH at Amir Khan. I see why this guy has plans on retirement at 30 (if that still is his intentions), but I got to again give him kudos too because no matter how many times he gets chin checked and dropped he still sticks around and is willing to fight... But I hope it's not for to long and to the point that he develops and slur in his speech.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Apr 29 2013, 12:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 05:54 PM