Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This weekend of boxing.
mitukczuk
post Apr 28 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

A little recap and some thoughts on whats happened this weekend.

1) Something was not right in Martinez's win over Murray. I am not jumping on the "hes getting old" bandwagon but I am starting to think he is losing a step or two. He sometimes has moments where he looks like an ordinary fighter. This saturday he had more than enough of them.

2) Zab Judah lost but he is NOT done yet. To me he looked pretty damn good against Garcia. Danny will give everyone a run for their money but I think Zab showed us that Danny is beatable if you tag him good. The dude just stops punching when hes hurt. Literally!

3) Amir Khan won a close decision over Julio Diaz. I wholeheartedly disagree with the decision (I had it 115-113 both times I watched the fight) and you are more than welcome to disagree with my scoring as well. To me Amir looked very limited and uncomfortable. Some people saw improvements in his D. I didn't. The only thing I liked was his jab - looked strong. I have never heard about Diaz before and...shame on me. Solid fighter!

4) Arreola came in overweight and looked terrible against Stiverne. Although I am a fan of his, someone who seems to be unable to control his weight should not be involved in boxing period.

5) Speaking about overweight....Toney lost a narrow decision against Browne and should retire.

6) Audley "The Glass Ass" Harrison was koed in the 1st by Wilder. Deontay was swinging like a windmill !!! Nuff said.

Toughts ?

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 28 2013, 01:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
flazi
post Apr 29 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

gambit, you live in crooklyn and didn't go to the fights? smh. the atmosphere looked great. i must go there soon.

martinez found out the hard way that your knee is never 100% after a surgery, whether it be mental or physical you will have some ill effects for about 6 months after. add to the fact that murray was way bigger, he looked like a light heavy in there.

zab's heart and focus impressed me. i was waiting for him to implode but lo and behold he kept it together and got stronger. wow. imagine had he had this maturity against baldomir.

amir khan has the heart of a lion but the chin of a mouse. can't seem to miss him with the left. virgil can't fix whats wrong with him but he can teach him some things to improve his offense.

i saw arreola a few weeks back and he was in shape, about 240. maybe he had a mental lapse and binged cause he was holding lots of water weight and was very sluggish. Stivierne mixed head and body punches like no recent heavy has in long time.

was it me or was quillin way huger than guerrero? guerrero had no shot but he fought valiently.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 29 2013, 09:12 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 29 2013, 05:02 PM) *
gambit, you live in crooklyn and didn't go to the fights? smh. the atmosphere looked great. i must go there soon.

I'm making my share of attendences for fights at the Barclay. Unfortunately the ones I missed so far have been with Garcia headlining, and that's no point intented, just coincidental to the fact that when I do miss his fights, it's when the Nets have they high profile games like tonight. Any High profile event like tonight and last night is electric so we didn't miss much. I WILL be on deck for that Broner-Malignaggi scrap though, since my girl bought tickets. She said she got em so we can watch Broner get K.O.'d, I'm like "yo do u even know who he's fighting" she like "yea, Paulie Maliggg... Nagy" lol... That's not a typo either it's just the way she pronounced it that made it funny.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 30 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 29 2013, 07:12 PM) *
I'm making my share of attendences for fights at the Barclay. Unfortunately the ones I missed so far have been with Garcia headlining, and that's no point intented, just coincidental to the fact that when I do miss his fights, it's when the Nets have they high profile games like tonight. Any High profile event like tonight and last night is electric so we didn't miss much. I WILL be on deck for that Broner-Malignaggi scrap though, since my girl bought tickets. She said she got em so we can watch Broner get K.O.'d, I'm like "yo do u even know who he's fighting" she like "yea, Paulie Maliggg... Nagy" lol... That's not a typo either it's just the way she pronounced it that made it funny.

lol it takes a while to learn to pronounce paulies name. i miss the electricity of ny events. The card you are going to is going to be good.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:25 PM