IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Omar "Panterita" Figueroa, This cat is awesome!! What do you think of him??
BrutUalBK
post Apr 30 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

I'm a huge Omar "Panterita" Figueroa fan and I was wondering since I haven't heard anything around here about him if anyone is a fan and can see the goods this kid has. He has the wrinkles and the power to do damage, I think he will be on everyone's P4P within 2-3 years, if not earlier.

What do you think of him??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 30 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

typical mexican style brawler. plenty of offense....very little defense. what happens when they put him in front of someone that has some defense that will make him miss? he's been matched very favorably and has been doing exactly what needs to be done with the opposition. him steam rolling abner cotto wasn't impressive to me. cotto looked like a lamb brought in for slaughter.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 30 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 30 2013, 05:34 PM) *
typical mexican style brawler. plenty of offense....very little defense. what happens when they put him in front of someone that has some defense that will make him miss? he's been matched very favorably and has been doing exactly what needs to be done with the opposition. him steam rolling abner cotto wasn't impressive to me. cotto looked like a lamb brought in for slaughter.

He really did

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 30 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 30 2013, 04:34 PM) *

Obviously you haven't seen enough of him to know that he does have great defense when he has to use it, he hasn't been in a fight where any fighter has really made him have to use his defense because he is tough enough to stand and trade when he needs to by giving it and taking it but make no mistake this kid can shoulder roll with the best of them.

I've seen fights of his where he has used his shoulder roll, block and slip punches whenever he feels like it but he's so bad @$$ that he simply says to his opponents "go ahead hit me with your best shot(s), I'm gonna take it and give you back a taste of your own medicine".

This kid is the truth but because he's been so dominant we haven't had a chance to really see him show all what he can do though I've seen it in some of his bouts.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 30 2013, 08:12 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 30 2013, 08:49 PM) *
Obviously you haven't seen enough of him to know that he does have great defense when he has to use it, he hasn't been in a fight where any fighter has really made him have to use his defense because he is tough enough to stand and trade when he needs to by giving it and taking it but make no mistake this kid can shoulder roll with the best of them.

I've seen fights of his where he has used his shoulder roll, block and slip punches whenever he feels like it but he's so bad @$$ that he simply says to his opponents "go ahead hit me with your best shot(s), I'm gonna take it and give you back a taste of your own medicine".

This kid is the truth but because he's been so dominant we haven't had a chance to really see him show all what he can do though I've seen it in some of his bouts.

i've seen him fight about 4 or 5 times. his opponents weren't anyone i knew...and there was nothing memorable about any of them. again...he's been beating them easily. but i've not seen the defense u speak of. share links if u have them.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:15 PM