Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is anyone studying the tapes?
daprofessor
post Apr 30 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

Robert Uzzell: Okay Floyd, tell us about Robert Guerrero. What challenges does he bring to your son?

Floyd Mayweather: Iím gonna really be honest with you man. I havenít even taken a look at Robert Guerrero yet. But trust me. Matter of fact Iím going to take a look at him today. I was supposed to been took a look at him. A guy filled my trunk up full of tapes. He said they were in there but I never seen them. So I never seen the tapes. I donít know what happened to the tapes man. But Iím planning on going in and checking somebody and Iím gonna get some tapes and Iím gonna see whatís going on.

here's the first time:

skip to 4:35

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 30 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I know he talks a big game about not watching tapes, but i really hope he's just saying that. If he really doesn't watch tapes and truly adapts in the rings every time, then more power to him that must be tough.

I still want to see the Pacquiao fight too.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Apr 30 2013, 07:27 PM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 30 2013, 07:56 PM
Post #3

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

This is art of war (deception).. Floyd said in an article on this site that there was nothing impressive about his fight game.. labeled him just a dirty fighter. Now either he is saying that based on watching him fight life and death with Berto (people act like he had an easy fight with Berto LMAO) or he has watched enough of him to conclude there is nothing impressive in Guerrero.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 30 2013, 08:36 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

What tha fuck was Roger even trying to say here??? I just heard a bunch of mumbo jumbo about tapes, but none of it made sense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 1 2013, 02:39 AM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

What am I missing? What's the point of this???...seems like some deceptive BS like what Floyd said about Robert at the final presser. In the end it won't matter.....another Cali bum will bite the dust and Ward will tweet his heart out lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 1 2013, 02:40 AM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 30 2013, 07:56 PM) *
This is art of war (deception).. Floyd said in an article on this site that there was nothing impressive about his fight game.. labeled him just a dirty fighter. Now either he is saying that based on watching him fight life and death with Berto (people act like he had an easy fight with Berto LMAO) or he has watched enough of him to conclude there is nothing impressive in Guerrero.

Somebody obviously watches tape because he recently said Guerrero's win over Berto wasn't impressive and he made a point to point out that Guerrero is a wrestler...seems like mind games on Team Mayweather's part. They've always said they don't watch tape on fighters

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 1 2013, 09:49 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

would be a total mind fuck if Guerrero came out orthodox haha, just for like a round

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 1 2013, 10:07 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Am I the only one who's worried about how bad Roger sounds in this video. I mean, I hear what's he's saying, but its almost like he's lost in his own thoughts and says a lot without saying anything at all...if that makes any sense.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 1 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 1 2013, 10:07 AM) *
Am I the only one who's worried about how bad Roger sounds in this video. I mean, I hear what's he's saying, but its almost like he's lost in his own thoughts and says a lot without saying anything at all...if that makes any sense.

That would be to his detriment, you never try and fight in a style that really isn't your best strength. There were a few fighters like SSM who could get in the SP (though he was an Orthodoxed fighter) and could beat another fighter using that style but I've never seen a SP get in the Orthodox style and beat or fight any fighter (especially a naturally orthodoxed one).

Floyd does study tapes regardless of what he says; any General knows that knowing your enemy is half the battle.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 1 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I take that whole "watching tape" thing like I take Jay and Biggie not writing their rhymes. #1 We don't know how true it is. #2 Maybe Floyd is just better on the fly than coming in with a pre-conceived game plan. He's not the first fighter to say this. Some of the old school trainers say that when you have a rigid game plan, fighters become robots. Then when they get in the ring and their opponent does something they didn't plan for, they panic.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:19 PM