Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is anyone studying the tapes?
Franchize
post May 1 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

BTW, I've been saying for over a year now man. Roger don't look good.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post May 1 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #12

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 1 2013, 09:49 AM) *
would be a total mind fuck if Guerrero came out orthodox haha, just for like a round

Makes sense. Roger isn't doing too well.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post May 1 2013, 02:04 PM
Post #13

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 1 2013, 12:23 PM) *
I take that whole "watching tape" thing like I take Jay and Biggie not writing their rhymes. #1 We don't know how true it is. #2 Maybe Floyd is just better on the fly than coming in with a pre-conceived game plan. He's not the first fighter to say this. Some of the old school trainers say that when you have a rigid game plan, fighters become robots. Then when they get in the ring and their opponent does something they didn't plan for, they panic.

Its not in Floyd's prefight routine to study tapes of fighters. His team and trainers however do and that information is used to develop a gameplan. Floyd has said.on several occasions that his team watches tapes however he doesn't.

I also don't think you need to study Guerrero to find ou what kind of fighter he is. You can see it within 2 minutes but that and studying tapes are 2 seperate things. If you're studying tape you're looking at hours of footage or at least a few fights. If you watch the last round of the Berto Guerrero fight I don't think that qualifies as studying. I think you can watch Guerrero for 10 seconds and come up with the same diagnosis Floyd did.

This post has been edited by BigDDatHomey: May 1 2013, 05:05 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 1 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ May 1 2013, 07:59 PM) *
Makes sense. Roger isn't doing too well.

yeah erm, I think your quoting the wrong post lol

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 1 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #15

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Roger doesnt look good at all, Floyd has been saying this. You really can see how much slower he is too.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 02:58 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jovi @ May 1 2013, 03:54 PM) *
Roger doesnt look good at all, Floyd has been saying this. You really can see how much slower he is too.

i'm gonna go ahead and disagree with everyone. we don't know if that video was taken at the end of the workout or not. also...the man is a diabetic. maybe his blood sugar level is low? i understood everything he said.

if you watch the unedited version of the mitt work he did with floyd....he's still as sharp as ever. if anything...floyd is the one that looks slower to me.

+Quote Post
dre98
post May 1 2013, 03:12 PM
Post #17

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 1 2013, 03:58 PM) *
i'm gonna go ahead and disagree with everyone. we don't know if that video was taken at the end of the workout or not. also...the man is a diabetic. maybe his blood sugar level is low? i understood everything he said.

if you watch the unedited version of the mitt work he did with floyd....he's still as sharp as ever. if anything...floyd is the one that looks slower to me.

He seems fine to me. He seems coherent. The time where he did look sick was during the cotto fight when he almost fell going up the stairs into the ring. Diabetes definitely takes a toll on your body and his a horrible disease.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 1 2013, 04:44 PM
Post #18

Bantamweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 1 2013, 03:58 PM) *

idk I didn't think too much of it either until i seen the mittwork from back then compared to today. It could also be Floyd too.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 05:49 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jovi @ May 1 2013, 05:44 PM) *
idk I didn't think too much of it either until i seen the mittwork from back then compared to today. It could also be Floyd too.

it may be a little of both. floyd is definitely not turning his shots...he hardly moves and uncle jeff seems to be the one doing all the work.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 2 2013, 07:16 AM
Post #20

Bantamweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 1 2013, 06:49 PM) *
it may be a little of both. floyd is definitely not turning his shots...he hardly moves and uncle jeff seems to be the one doing all the work.

I noticed that also he wasn't turning his shots. Being flat footed. I don't see why he wouldn't have jeff doing the most physical work he seems to be the healthiest of them all.

Floyd really is getting older, its very noticeable now. Will probably make this fight closer than it should be like Cotto was.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:04 PM