post May 1 2013, 10:56 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Check this out:
http://www.boxingscene.com/sources-lucas-m...l-haymon--65057
http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-confir...l-haymon--65064

Seeing what Haymon has done with his fighters, it's only right to assume and say, finally Matthysse will get that exposure he deserves. Potential in house clashes with either Garcia or Broner on the horizon. Or, the partner ship with GPB can bring on a Khan or Maidana showdown, either way it should be seen as a win, win for him and us fans, but first and for most, it's Matthysse-Peterson and that in it self is an event "fan friendly".

This post has been edited by Gambit808: May 2 2013, 01:00 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 2 2013, 12:06 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Awesome move. He will be getting better checks now if he keeps winning and higher profile fights

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 2 2013, 04:04 AM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

get that money!!!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 2 2013, 08:16 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Good

It's also been said that Garcia will face the winner of Matthysse/Peterson on Sept 7th., so people can stop whining about Danny and everybody else ducking Lucas Matthysse like he's the end all be all.

Another thing that sticks out is, Lucas will possibly be getting two high profile fights in a row, one of which he has to win against Lamont, then he gets Garcia. Two consecutive big fights like that, are hard to land nowadays, so I'm not sure how he fairs in them.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 2 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 2 2013, 09:16 AM) *
Good

It's also been said that Garcia will face the winner of Matthysse/Peterson on Sept 7th., so people can stop whining about Danny and everybody else ducking Lucas Matthysse like he's the end all be all.

Another thing that sticks out is, Lucas will possibly be getting two high profile fights in a row, one of which he has to win against Lamont, then he gets Garcia. Two consecutive big fights like that, are hard to land nowadays, so I'm not sure how he fairs in them.

matthysse/peterson is going to be a good fight!

i already think garcia is the man to beat at 140....but when the winner faces him, that winner will be undeniably the best at 140.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 2 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 03:13 PM) *

i already think garcia is the man to beat at 140....but when the winner faces him, that winner will be undeniably the best at 140.

Who you got winning that one? I'm so on the fence about that bout. The way Peterson crouches down, It looks like he's going to get KO'd at any minute. Then, all of a sudden, he starts letting off some vicious hooks to the body and brings em up to the temple.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 2 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 2 2013, 03:17 PM) *
Who you got winning that one? I'm so on the fence about that bout. The way Peterson crouches down, It looks like he's going to get KO'd at any minute. Then, all of a sudden, he starts letting off some vicious hooks to the body and brings em up to the temple.

the thing with matthysse...to beat him u need to box/stick and move. peterson likes to stand in the pocket and trade. he blocks most of the incoming fire. if he does that, i think he's going to lose. but if he boxes with movement and picks his spots...he'll have a better shot at winning. i'm leaning towards matthysse on this one.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 2 2013, 03:05 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 02:13 PM) *

That fight could be fight of the year while it lasts.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 02:21 PM) *
the thing with matthysse...to beat him u need to box/stick and move. peterson likes to stand in the pocket and trade. he blocks most of the incoming fire. if he does that, i think he's going to lose. but if he boxes with movement and picks his spots...he'll have a better shot at winning. i'm leaning towards matthysse on this one.

I think lamont can definitely box, he just chooses not too because he can be put on his ass. But in the ortiz fight he was doing a beautiful job. His greatest asset is his iq and his heart because in every fight he's been in lately it seems he has no advantage so he has to make it gritty

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 2 2013, 03:08 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 2 2013, 04:05 PM) *
That fight could be fight of the year while it lasts.

I think lamont can definitely box, he just chooses not too because he can be put on his ass. But in the ortiz fight he was doing a beautiful job. His greatest asset is his iq and his heart because in every fight he's been in lately it seems he has no advantage so he has to make it gritty

i don't remember where i read it...or heard it...but the training regimen the peterson brothers go thru seems like over kill to me. couple that with the fact that lamont has had TRT and it's clearly evident. i'm sure he's going to train harder than he ever has for this fight with matthysse which is why i think he's going to lose.

smarter > harder.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 2 2013, 03:23 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 03:08 PM) *
i don't remember where i read it...or heard it...but the training regimen the peterson brothers go thru seems like over kill to me. couple that with the fact that lamont has had TRT and it's clearly evident. i'm sure he's going to train harder than he ever has for this fight with matthysse which is why i think he's going to lose.

smarter > harder.

Trt?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 04:37 AM