Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Garcia back in the ring on September 7th
KOpower
post May 4 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

He will face the Lamont Peterson vs Lucas Matthysse winner. My guess is that the winner of THAT fight faces Floyd a year from today.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 4 2013, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

This is what I would like to see...

-Danny Garcia vs Peterson/Matthysee in September
-Amir Khan vs Devon Alexander in October

-The winners of those 2 fights face each other in April

-The winner of that fight gets a crack at Floyd Mayweather in the fall/winter of 2014.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 4 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

Khan is nowhere near landing a fight with Money. 3 or 4 wins, maybe...but I know that by that time... somebody will have taxed his ass again.

Danny Garcia, that's a different story...

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 4 2013, 10:29 AM
Post #4

Super Featherweight

Well if he somehow beats Alexander and then Garcia/Peterson/Lucas then he deserves it. I don't see him getting by Alexander. He doesn't have the chin and he gets hit too easily. If he can stay up and outbox those 2 fighters, then he will have shown very serious improvement on his defense and that would make him worthy of a Mayweather fight.

Garcia-Floyd would be terribly boring. That has to be the fight Mayweather is eyeing the most right now....outside of a long-awaited match with Berto which I hope NEVER happens.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 4 2013, 11:41 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Khan Alexander is a disaster in the making. Garcia vs Lucas or lamont is a boxing fans dream, shit lamont vs Lucas is pretty Damn good too, ideally I would love for the winners to face Bradley at 147 but that's just a dream since bob dlh and haymon don't work together. But khan and Alexander are more of a question mark then anything else, all the other dudes should def be in the mix for a shot at floyd/guerrero (depending on who wins).

Even then ortiz is still out there berto karass maidana lopez, the ww landscape is looking good for the future

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 4 2013, 12:12 PM
Post #6

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 4 2013, 12:41 PM) *
Khan Alexander is a disaster in the making. Garcia vs Lucas or lamont is a boxing fans dream, shit lamont vs Lucas is pretty Damn good too, ideally I would love for the winners to face Bradley at 147 but that's just a dream since bob dlh and haymon don't work together. But khan and Alexander are more of a question mark then anything else, all the other dudes should def be in the mix for a shot at floyd/guerrero (depending on who wins).

Even then ortiz is still out there berto karass maidana lopez, the ww landscape is looking good for the future

Whatever happened to Ortiz ? I know he had a broken jaw but shouldnt that be alright by now? At least we should see him getting back to training or whatnot. Although..."He doesn't deserve to be beaten up"...so maybe he hung them up! lol
Man I am NOT interested in seeing that guy fight ever again.

Agree with Garcia/Lucas/Lamont trio. Bradley....oh little Timmy. The boxing's ugly duck of bad luck about whom nobody gives a goddamn fuck...I would like to see him fight any of these guys...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 4 2013, 12:16 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 4 2013, 12:31 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 4 2013, 12:12 PM) *
Whatever happened to Ortiz ? I know he had a broken jaw but shouldnt that be alright by now? At least we should see him getting back to training or whatnot. Although..."He doesn't deserve to be beaten up"...so maybe he hung them up! lol
Man I am NOT interested in seeing that guy fight ever again.

Agree with Garcia/Lucas/Lamont trio. Bradley....oh little Timmy. The boxing's ugly duck of bad luck about whom nobody gives a goddamn fuck...I would like to see him fight any of these guys...

Ortiz said he was coming back in September I think, and why wouldn't you want to watch him?? Yea he can mentally melt down at any time but he has the power to ko nearly anyone. He's like the new zab Judah lol

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 4 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #8

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 4 2013, 01:31 PM) *
Ortiz said he was coming back in September I think, and why wouldn't you want to watch him?? Yea he can mentally melt down at any time but he has the power to ko nearly anyone. He's like the new zab Judah lol

I dunno....probably for the same reason I would never watch Andrew "The Foul Pole" Golota had I lived in "his" era.....anyone who intentionally fouls in boxing should not box imo. These people are dangerous...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

funny how quickly the landscape is changing right before our eyes.

i don't think garcia, matthysse or peterson have a shot at beating floyd...but if i had to gamble on who will be the last man standing between them....it's garcia.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 6 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #10

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 6 2013, 08:40 PM) *
funny how quickly the landscape is changing right before our eyes.

i don't think garcia, matthysse or peterson have a shot at beating floyd...but if i had to gamble on who will be the last man standing between them....it's garcia.

The only guy of that group I could see beating Mayweather, surprisingly enough, is Amir Khan. Khan at least has the offense to get to Mayweather. The other guys? They will all be carbon copies of Guerrero.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:19 AM