IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV/CC-Mayweather vs. Guerrero@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS, NO NEW SPOILER THREADS, OR PUBLIC STREAMS!
Jack 1000
post May 4 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

This is it!!!! Our Round-by-Round and post-fight reactions thread for Mayweather-Guerrero and its entire undercard. Please remember our no new thread spoiler topics policy regardless of what happens in the fight. Keep everything inside this thread. As usual, no public streams are allowed. Users may only PM any information with regards to streams! Thanks and enjoy the fights!

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 4 2013, 01:08 PM
Post #2

The Consultant

Thoughts on the championship prelim with Mares and Deleon? That could be a war!

Jack

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 4 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 4 2013, 02:08 PM) *

Jack

That WILL be a war !

I am going with Mares. Something about Ponce tells me not to put my money on him but I think he will surprise a few people in this fight - including me. But im going with the youth in this one.

As for Money/The Ghost...I am going with Floyd by UD. God I hope ill stay up untill 4 am - It's 8:45 pm here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Looooong night...! I see Floyd being cut for the first time (clash of stances => headbutts + some Guerrero's dirty tactics might result in that) and possibly down, but boxing from the outside and winning clearly - shut the fuck uping doubters in the process ! It's going to be a good one, they both looked to be in a good shape - not surprising in Floyd's case but Robert didn't seem drained as I thought he would!

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 4 2013, 01:52 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 4 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Finally we are here!!!! Again I have Ponce in a late stoppage and I have Mayweather winning by a ten round stoppage!!! I am so pumped. May the best men win!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 4 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

I got Mares by UD over Deleon. We got Jay Nady as ref. Will low blows come into play here from Mares?

Still got Mayweather UD over Guerrero. Like I said in the preview thread, I have about a 60% outside shot of Guerrero losing points for fouling, either out of frustration or doing that because he feels that this is the best way to win. Robert Byrd is ref, and is more hands-off. However, Floyd and his people I will bet will be all over the commission at the rules meeting about Robert's dirty tactics. I love Guerrero and will be pulling for him to win, but sometime tonight he is going to relaize that he doesn't have a California ref letting him do what he wants in there. Witness Lou Moret in the Berto fight. I will bet a 60% shot tonight that Guerrero loses points for fouling and 30% that he gets DQ'd.

We have to keep in mind that Vegas is Floyd's home in terms of getting what he wants out of officials, and that Showtime six fight deal, one of the richest for any athlete ever doesn't come cheep. They aren't about to let that all go down the toilet. Judges for the big fight are Julie Lederman, Jerry Roth, and Duane Ford. Floyd's already got Roth and Ford almost assured to give him any close rounds. Julie Lederman has eyes better than her father's, but will be the lone minority in terms of impartial judging. She MAY have been assigned to pacify the Guerrero camp so Floyd doesn't get three "house" judges. Well, he's got two so in boxing, that's all that matters. Ford is known for favoring aggression even if it isn't effective on his cards so maybe Guerrero will get some compensation.

The thing is though, Floyd's just too big of a star to fail and for Vegas judges, that has to influence them.

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 4 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 4 2013, 03:14 PM) *
I got Mares by UD over Deleon. We got Jay Nady as ref. Will low blows come into play here from Mares?

Still got Mayweather UD over Guerrero. Like I said in the preview thread, I have about a 60% outside shot of Guerrero losing points for fouling, either out of frustration or doing that because he feels that this is the best way to win. Robert Byrd is ref, and is more hands-off. However, Floyd and his people I will bet will be all over the commission at the rules meeting about Robert's dirty tactics. I love Guerrero and will be pulling for him to win, but sometime tonight he is going to relaize that he doesn't have a California ref letting him do what he wants in there. Witness Lou Moret in the Berto fight. I will bet a 60% shot tonight that Guerrero loses points for fouling and 30% that he gets DQ'd.

We have to keep in mind that Vegas is Floyd's home in terms of getting what he wants out of officials, and that Showtime six fight deal, one of the richest for any athlete ever doesn't come cheep. They aren't about to let that all go down the toilet. Judges for the big fight are Julie Lederman, Jerry Roth, and Duane Ford. Floyd's already got Roth and Ford almost assured to give him any close rounds. Julie Lederman has eyes better than her father's, but will be the lone minority in terms of impartial judging. She MAY have been assigned to pacify the Guerrero camp so Floyd doesn't get three "house" judges. Well, he's got two so in boxing, that's all that matters. Ford is known for favoring aggression even if it isn't effective on his cards so maybe Guerrero will get some compensation.

The thing is though, Floyd's just too big of a star to fail and for Vegas judges, that has to influence them.

Jack

So do you think Floyd can/will beat Robert legitimately or do you think he'll need a gift from the judges?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 4 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Where the hell is Cshels? I wonder if he is already passed out or is nearly at that point.

I hope these undercards are good. I am picking Rosado over Love. Ponce over Mares. Mayweather over Guerrero. Of course yawl know this. I have to get started on dinner! Guest will be here in another hour. I will see yawl after the fight! Enjoy!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 4 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 4 2013, 06:25 PM) *
So do you think Floyd can/will beat Robert legitimately or do you think he'll need a gift from the judges?

Same question here !

Goddamn....Almost 1 am here in Europe....3 more hours to go...but not for me. I am off to bed! Can' t wait for the morning rd by rd! Enjoy the fight guys and post everything here!

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 4 2013, 05:48 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 4 2013, 06:04 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 4 2013, 01:08 PM) *

Jack

could end up being the best fight tonight

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 4 2013, 06:13 PM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 4 2013, 02:49 PM) *
That WILL be a war !

I am going with Mares. Something about Ponce tells me not to put my money on him but I think he will surprise a few people in this fight - including me. But im going with the youth in this one.

As for Money/The Ghost...I am going with Floyd by UD. God I hope ill stay up untill 4 am - It's 8:45 pm here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Looooong night...! I see Floyd being cut for the first time (clash of stances => headbutts + some Guerrero's dirty tactics might result in that) and possibly down, but boxing from the outside and winning clearly - shut the fuck uping doubters in the process ! It's going to be a good one, they both looked to be in a good shape - not surprising in Floyd's case but Robert didn't seem drained as I thought he would!

Mayweather has been cut before. It wasnt bad, be he's been cut i just forgot which fight.

I'm taking Mayweather 7th round KO. But its gonna be a really good fight. Could get ugly when Guerrero tries to grab, thats when he'll get hit alot on the inside

+Quote Post

32 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 09:43 PM