IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV/CC-Mayweather vs. Guerrero@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS, NO NEW SPOILER THREADS, OR PUBLIC STREAMS!
The Original MrF...
post May 5 2013, 10:24 PM
Post #261

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 5 2013, 06:45 PM) *
major props to floyd for turning back the clock. he looked great. his legs looked like he was back in his 20's with the movement. i did not expect that to last. guerrero did all he could and he even snuck in a few shots to the thigh to try and limit floyds movement. it worked for about half a round then floyd went right back to the beautiful foot work. if there are any complaints about his performance...it would be the excessive holding that the ref never even warned him about. i partially fault guerrero for that by giving floyd something to hold on to. aside from that...it was a damn near flawless performance.

i can't see anyone in the top 10 from 140 to 154 beating him. his biggest challenge will come at 160 and while most will say..."that's not realistic or he's too small...blah, blah, blah"...i'll remind you all that it's floyd who believes he's the greatest of all time. if he retires without doing that...i can't fault him and i won't criticize it because he truly is one of the best of this era. but if he wants to be considered the best of all time he needs to make a statement the way henry armstrong and roberto duran have done before him. both were smaller men who went up to middleweight and beat the champion.

Nooooo... He can't do that, with Devon Alexander still out there. No one at 160 deserves the fight. Who have any of them fought? It would be easy work for Floyd to run through 160.yadda yadda yadda...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 5 2013, 10:26 PM
Post #262

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 5 2013, 07:57 PM) *
how do people feel for a mayweather/marquez rematch?

Really?!

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 5 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #263

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 5 2013, 10:26 PM) *
Really?!

not for me but people are saying that if jmm beats bradley

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 5 2013, 10:43 PM
Post #264

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 5 2013, 07:45 PM) *
I've been saying since after the Cotto fight that Floyd should fight Marquez, then Pacquiao and then call it a career. It would close the book in my opinion. Marquez has said he doesn't want to fight Floyd again though. His words were "Floyd too many defensive" lmao. In other words... I have no shot because I can't hit him. Let me fight Manny's no IQ having ass lol

yea i seen a video where he says he's not interested but money talks

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 5 2013, 10:50 PM
Post #265

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ May 5 2013, 07:06 PM) *
Alvarez is looked at different than the other Boxers due to his popularity. They want to try to maximize the super fight.

So Floyd shouldn't fight Canelo because he is too popular? The hell kind of logic is that? I don't mean to rip on you man but you make no sense at all.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 5 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #266

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

A JMM would be shockingly brutal to watch. I would rather see a Judah rematch. Hell, I would rather see an Ortiz rematch.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 5 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #267

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 5 2013, 11:51 PM) *
A JMM would be shockingly brutal to watch. I would rather see a Judah rematch. Hell, I would rather see an Ortiz rematch.

Yea I think Floyd punches a little harder now than he did then and if his defense looks as good as it did Saturday night, Marquez is going night night. Much like the Guerrero fight, Floyd beat Marquez so bad you couldn't even say what he should do different. It didn't even get to that point of correcting shit. He was just not in the same stratosphere that night.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post May 6 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #268

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 5 2013, 10:50 PM) *
So Floyd shouldn't fight Canelo because he is too popular? The hell kind of logic is that? I don't mean to rip on you man but you make no sense at all.

I think you just misunderstood. Mayweather-Alvarez needs to happen, but May 2014 feels like a better fit than September 2013. We will see.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 6 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #269

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ May 6 2013, 01:13 AM) *
I think you just misunderstood. Mayweather-Alvarez needs to happen, but May 2014 feels like a better fit than September 2013. We will see.

Are you into numerology or something?? What do you mean, it fells like a better fit in May? Numerology deals with numbers and the numbers work now as far as a PPV. Alvarez and Mayweather are both coming off good solid victories. Both are the top guys in and around 147 and 154. It feels right now...

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post May 6 2013, 01:36 AM
Post #270

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 6 2013, 12:25 AM) *
Are you into numerology or something?? What do you mean, it fells like a better fit in May? Numerology deals with numbers and the numbers work now as far as a PPV. Alvarez and Mayweather are both coming off good solid victories. Both are the top guys in and around 147 and 154. It feels right now...

I would enjoy the fight also in September, but don't see it going down then. If Alvarez were to fight Cotto and destroy him while Mayweather fought another top contender and won, the Mayweather-Alvarez fight would be huge in May 2014.

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 06:43 AM