IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV/CC-Mayweather vs. Guerrero@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS, NO NEW SPOILER THREADS, OR PUBLIC STREAMS!
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 02:17 AM
Post #271

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 5 2013, 07:57 PM) *
how do people feel for a mayweather/marquez rematch?

at 147...there is no one more worthy than marquez.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 02:23 AM
Post #272

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 5 2013, 08:45 PM) *
I've been saying since after the Cotto fight that Floyd should fight Marquez, then Pacquiao and then call it a career. It would close the book in my opinion. Marquez has said he doesn't want to fight Floyd again though. His words were "Floyd too many defensive" lmao. In other words... I have no shot because I can't hit him. Let me fight Manny's no IQ having ass lol

Ruben actually used to be the chief second at one point. I think Robert Guerrero needs to take some dance lessons. Sounds weird and like I'm joking on him but I'm serious. I know I'm not the only person that thinks Guerrero seems more like suburban country boy than Mexican. He has no rhythm. It's like a rapper. The greats like Biggie and Jay could rhyme fast, slow and on any beat. Then you have some rappers that can only rhyme on similar beats. It's called cadence. Robert has the same cadence. That's why he was easy to hit once Floyd figured out the rhythm to his beat. He doesn't show you variety. Floyd gave him multiple looks. Hands down. Guard up. Inside. Backed up to the ropes and then slipped out. He even circled the wrong way against a southpaw for the 1st half of the fight. You can only do that when you've figured a guy out and know what's going to come back. Robert started pumping the jab then left hand. Then, after he got tagged, he began trying to counter after Floyd landed the right. After he got tired and battered, that pumping jab became a lazy, dangling jab. That just leads to a world of hurt for a fighter with technique like Floyd.

the time it would take him to learn to change rhythms and catch floyds cadence would be so long that floyd would be retired before he got that opportunity again. what floyd does is something he's been doing since childhood. so while some kids were dribbling basketballs, working on their jumpers, or trying to juke ppl on the football field...or double dutch or whatever...floyd was practicing feints, slips, rolls and counters and using his eyes to see those shots coming. no one in the top ten of 140-154 can compete with that.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 02:25 AM
Post #273

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 5 2013, 11:24 PM) *
Nooooo... He can't do that, with Devon Alexander still out there. No one at 160 deserves the fight. Who have any of them fought? It would be easy work for Floyd to run through 160.yadda yadda yadda...

devon can't do nothing with floyd. he isn't offensive enough. he ain't going to out slick floyd. at 160...the only person i can possibly see giving floyd any trouble would be golovkin because of his size and punching power. if floyd beat any of the belt holders at 160 it be nothing short of amazing.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 6 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #274

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ May 6 2013, 02:36 AM) *
I would enjoy the fight also in September, but don't see it going down then. If Alvarez were to fight Cotto and destroy him while Mayweather fought another top contender and won, the Mayweather-Alvarez fight would be huge in May 2014.

I can go with that, but Cotto is coming off back to back losses. Canelo wont be able to sell that he's fighting a guy with back to back losses. if he took on Molina, Lara, Angulo or Ishe Smith, then I could go with what you are saying. The trouble is, what if he losses? The iron is hot now. so the next fight should be between May and Red head wannabe kingpin.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post May 6 2013, 08:03 AM
Post #275

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 6 2013, 02:29 AM) *
I can go with that, but Cotto is coming off back to back losses. Canelo wont be able to sell that he's fighting a guy with back to back losses. if he took on Molina, Lara, Angulo or Ishe Smith, then I could go with what you are saying. The trouble is, what if he losses? The iron is hot now. so the next fight should be between May and Red head wannabe kingpin.

I hear you, but do you really think Golden Boy would allow a loss to Alvarez before a Mayweather fight?? Cotto still got the fan base and is no pushover.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 6 2013, 08:06 AM
Post #276

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 6 2013, 03:23 AM) *
the time it would take him to learn to change rhythms and catch floyds cadence would be so long that floyd would be retired before he got that opportunity again. what floyd does is something he's been doing since childhood. so while some kids were dribbling basketballs, working on their jumpers, or trying to juke ppl on the football field...or double dutch or whatever...floyd was practicing feints, slips, rolls and counters and using his eyes to see those shots coming. no one in the top ten of 140-154 can compete with that.

Oh I don't mean he should do that for the sake of fighting Floyd again. Look, nothing about Saturday night says Robert Guerrero should EVER fight Floyd Mayweather again. Unless Floyd decides to cling on to his career like Roy Jones and fight well into his 40's after being battered in a few fights, I can't see any situation in which Guerrero will beat him. You did a hell of a job convincing me Guerrero had a chance. I really went into that fight thinking he would be very competitive. Alas, he was completely embarrassed Saturday night. I'm just suggesting dance lessons for him going forward to fight other fighters. I don't think you need to be Mayweather good to time Robert Guerrero. I could see other guys peppering him with right hands that aren't nearly as skilled as Floyd.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #277

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 6 2013, 09:06 AM) *
Oh I don't mean he should do that for the sake of fighting Floyd again. Look, nothing about Saturday night says Robert Guerrero should EVER fight Floyd Mayweather again. Unless Floyd decides to cling on to his career like Roy Jones and fight well into his 40's after being battered in a few fights, I can't see any situation in which Guerrero will beat him. You did a hell of a job convincing me Guerrero had a chance. I really went into that fight thinking he would be very competitive. Alas, he was completely embarrassed Saturday night. I'm just suggesting dance lessons for him going forward to fight other fighters. I don't think you need to be Mayweather good to time Robert Guerrero. I could see other guys peppering him with right hands that aren't nearly as skilled as Floyd.

after floyd's last 2-3 fights...i was convinced that floyd could not sustain the kind of foot work he displayed last saturday for 12 rounds. i thought...even if he tried to muster up his legs to move like that...guerrero has already shown that he can deal with a guy who can move against casamayor. i thought casamayor has always had great foot movement...even at an advanced age. floyd's foot movement at 36 is superior to everyone in boxing who isn't named guillermo rigondeaux....but his defense makes him unparalleled.

guerrero, imo, has the tools to make it a tough fight for floyd...but he doesn't have the brain. floyd made the adjustments...and it seemed to take guerrero a full round to realize it. by the time he figured it out...floyd was on to the next thing. there are certain things that work on floyd. the guy who beats him is going to have to bring it all and then some...with energy and intelligence that are out of this world.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 6 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #278

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 6 2013, 11:55 AM) *
after floyd's last 2-3 fights...i was convinced that floyd could not sustain the kind of foot work he displayed last saturday for 12 rounds. i thought...even if he tried to muster up his legs to move like that...guerrero has already shown that he can deal with a guy who can move against casamayor. i thought casamayor has always had great foot movement...even at an advanced age. floyd's foot movement at 36 is superior to everyone in boxing who isn't named guillermo rigondeaux....but his defense makes him unparalleled.

guerrero, imo, has the tools to make it a tough fight for floyd...but he doesn't have the brain. floyd made the adjustments...and it seemed to take guerrero a full round to realize it. by the time he figured it out...floyd was on to the next thing. there are certain things that work on floyd. the guy who beats him is going to have to bring it all and then some...with energy and intelligence that are out of this world.

So you are saying that Canelo has a shot... like a snowball has in hell in beating Mayweather.

Professor, I didn't get a chance to ask you but, what did you think of Mares performance? And overall what did you think of Floyd's strategy? How do you think a Guerrero and Ortiz fight will look? It would be exciting in my opinion. A great undercard to September 14!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #279

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 6 2013, 05:36 PM) *
So you are saying that Canelo has a shot... like a snowball has in hell in beating Mayweather.

Professor, I didn't get a chance to ask you but, what did you think of Mares performance? And overall what did you think of Floyd's strategy? How do you think a Guerrero and Ortiz fight will look? It would be exciting in my opinion. A great undercard to September 14!

canelo is going to get schooled by floyd. i can't see floyd losing to anyone from 140-154.

mares did well...but he showed plenty of flaws in his game. make no mistake about it PDL pulled that score very close before the ref stopped it. i thought it was a premature stoppage but mares showed poise by sticking with it.

guerrero/ortiz would be interesting. i'd favor guerrero. he's a smarter/better fighter. ortiz has bigger punching power...but he's only gotten worse over his last few fights. plus...i don't know how his jaw is going to hold up from here on out.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 7 2013, 03:03 AM
Post #280

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I enjoyed myself at the fight and in Vegas but I will probably never bring my girl again,...... I talked to Jeff Mayweather and Lamont Peterson and got their assessment on the fight. Almost all the boxers and trainers I spoke to afterwards seemed to be as dumbfounded as I was at the booing and the early exiting by the fans.

I guess some people just see fighting and don't realize that this sport is called the sweet science for a reason. I was coincidentally seated next to Reuben Guerrero's sister and some members of his family and they were cool as f*ck, we had a nice trash talk session the whole time but they were/are great people

As for the fight itself, I just don't understand why Guererro let Floyd off the hook when he had him in clear positions to do some work, don't get me wrong, Mayweather was on his game, he hasn't performed like that in quite a while. But I think Guerrero could've did some more things in there to give himself a better shot at pulling out the victory. That straight right was like a missile that refused to miss it's target

I saw the names that Schaefer threw out there as possibilities for Mayweather's next fight and TBH I don't care who it is, if he fights the way he did last Saturday, he aint getting beat, all I know is I will be back in Vegas minus 1 lol

And Victor Ortiz is a clown, this dude got into it with some fans in the middle of one of the fights, I forget which one

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:03 AM