IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV/CC-Mayweather vs. Guerrero@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS, NO NEW SPOILER THREADS, OR PUBLIC STREAMS!
Franchize
post May 13 2013, 08:45 AM
Post #311

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 13 2013, 02:57 AM) *
I just watched the fight for the 1st time. I watched it while listening to a debate on another subject, so I didnt have sound on the fight turned up. I saw a much more competitive fight than many of you on here. I saw Guerrero win 3 or 4 of the 1st 4 rounds. I saw the 1st really dominant round for Mayweather as the 8th. The 7th, I found as a good solid Guerrero round. The ref had to pull him off Mayweather, of course with the sound own, I didnt hear why the ref snatched Guerrero who didnt appear to be doing anything but really banging Mayweathers body with both hands. The 11th was also a very dominant Mayweather round. It was very close, to me. I loved how Mayweather really sat on his punches in the 11th and tried to put Guerrero away. It wasnt working because Mayweather doesnt have the power at the weight.

Some things I took from the fight were that, again body shots dont count at all when the favored guy isnt landing them. When Mayweather holds Guerrero's arm on one side and Guerrero plasters his ribs 5 or 6 times with his free hand, those punches apparently dont get counted. They did seem to bother Mayweather quite a bit though. The replay's in between rounds were very Mayweather dominant, almost indicating that Mayweather didnt get touched at all. I think after each round, they showed the flashy highlight that showed Mayweather give Guerrero a 1-2 and then slip 2 Guerrero return shots. That got old. I think they showed one Guerrero highlight in the first or 2nd round where he caught Mayweather ducking into a viscious body shot. It looked like it really bothered him. It happened a few more time during the 1st half of the fight, until Mayweather adjusted and started really playing keep away as often as he could. This fight was Canelo/Trout all over again. The popular/favored guy got benefitted from his popularity.

I cant believe how this fight was listed as such a dominant performance for one guy. It was very close and competitive. I think Guerrero did better than Cotto. Just that Guerrero has power issues himself at this weight. Cotto's landed harder punches, but wasnt hitting Mayweather's body as much as Guerrero.

Even if you counted those body shots (which were mostly elbow shots and weren't very forceful at all), it still wouldn't have made that fight close or competitive. Mayweather landed over 60% of his power punches. Guerrero landed like 19%. I dont think those punches you speak of make up that difference.

for one...i can't stand when people call boxing/ring generalship 'running.'

i thought it was brilliant of floyd to give him movement because he hasn't been giving anyone movement lately and he had guerrero convinced he was going to fight in the trenches.

I totally agree. It represents 2/3 of what boxing is scored on, but casual fans don't want to see it. How does that make any sense? lol That's like going to a tennis match and complaining about long rallies. If all you want to see is serves, watch them warm up.

As for the Guerrero camp complaining, I don't get their argument...or anyone who complains about Floyd "running". Bottom line is, if he ran from you the whole fight, and you land one punch, you win the fight. Obviously, he had to hit you for him to win. Floyd Mayweather didn't get where he is in the sport by fighting like Robert Guerrero, so I don't get how a trainer could come into a fight with a gameplan based solely off of something Floyd said in a photo shoot lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post May 13 2013, 11:00 AM
Post #312

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

I watched the fight again as well. RG was so discombobulated in the ring that even at times he had Floyd squared into a corner, RG didnt throw a punch. That is how lost he was in the ring. Aggression versus effective aggression and running versus ring generalship. Choppy elbow punches in half clinches versus straight rights down the pipe thrown from every angle possible.

RG was totally outclassed.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 14 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #313

Junior Middleweight

I'm gonna miss Floyd Sr. calling Robert Guerrero "Guh Rare"

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 14 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #314

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 14 2013, 05:19 PM) *
I'm gonna miss Floyd Sr. calling Robert Guerrero "Guh Rare"

am going to miss that kid calling him Gorilla haha, that shit was hilarious

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 14 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #315

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 13 2013, 09:45 AM) *
Even if you counted those body shots (which were mostly elbow shots and weren't very forceful at all), it still wouldn't have made that fight close or competitive. Mayweather landed over 60% of his power punches. Guerrero landed like 19%. I dont think those punches you speak of make up that difference.

I totally agree. It represents 2/3 of what boxing is scored on, but casual fans don't want to see it. How does that make any sense? lol That's like going to a tennis match and complaining about long rallies. If all you want to see is serves, watch them warm up.

As for the Guerrero camp complaining, I don't get their argument...or anyone who complains about Floyd "running". Bottom line is, if he ran from you the whole fight, and you land one punch, you win the fight. Obviously, he had to hit you for him to win. Floyd Mayweather didn't get where he is in the sport by fighting like Robert Guerrero, so I don't get how a trainer could come into a fight with a gameplan based solely off of something Floyd said in a photo shoot lol

me neither.

robert talked really good about his plans and what he needed to do...and i thought he really had several plans. maybe he did...but he sure couldn't implement them.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 14 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #316

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2013, 03:08 PM) *
me neither.

robert talked really good about his plans and what he needed to do...and i thought he really had several plans. maybe he did...but he sure couldn't implement them.

Right before the fight they interviewed him and he spoke of ring generalship and effective aggression. I was like "oh shit...this dude has a game plan." WRONG! lol

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 15 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #317

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 13 2013, 08:45 AM) *

Ruben sucks

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 15 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #318

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2013, 02:08 PM) *
me neither.

Robert didn't know what to do, stood there and looked stupid some rounds. There was just a vast difference in their in-ring boxing IQs.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 16 2013, 07:51 AM
Post #319

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

The post fight interview with Guerrero cracked me up. His face was bruised and red with that nasty cut over his eye. The dude asked him did he think Floyd was as good then he thought he was or some lines of that sort. Guerrero looked flush and he just nodded his head like yeah. Classic. Robert had no answer for anything Mayweather was doing. It was a great match. I do think Rigondeaux's performance against Donaire was a little better because to the casual fans and the bitch ass media they felt Donaire would school Rigondeaux. But I knew better. Great fight all around. Floyd schooled the kid for 12 rounds and it was great to shut the Gurreros up. I loved the chemistry between Jr. and Sr. they were clicking on all cylinders!

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 02:51 AM