IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it to soon to ask?, How would Adrian Broner fair against Robert Guerrero?
Gambit808
post May 5 2013, 04:57 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

I know this question was asked back when it was thought Broner would face Guerrero before Floyd, but I figured since we've had updated views of both guys I'd bring up the question again; How would u see Broner matching against Guerrero from last night? Would he have the same/better success as Floyd or a Harder fight?

Now I asked, "if it's to soon to ask" for the obvious reason that we've yet to see Broner work at welter, but seeing as him and Guerrero do have parallel stories of jumping 2 divisions and Broner SEEMS more physically cut out to match at WW, the question should remain fitting at this time.

Let me know how u see things playing out with Broner vs. Guerrero
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 5 2013, 05:14 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I was thinking this very thing as everyone was commenting on the fight tonite. I really would like to see how Mayweather Jr jr deals with Paulie this summer. Mayweather Jr jr doesnt have the defense of his famous daddy. I'd like to see if his power and explosivelness carries over to 147. I think Guerrero's power is overrated and that he's very cagey and tenacious. i think it would be a good fight and Mayweather Jr jr would be challenged atthis point in his career.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 5 2013, 06:32 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Good question. Don't know the answer though....yet. Let me see how Broner deals with WW first.

I am very curious to see Adrien vs. Paulie...I expect Broner to win, because Paulie's "power" will not keep him honest. But I would be more than happy to see Adrien knocked out (LOL)...I mean outboxed. Malignaggi's experience will be the factor but I think it will be similar to his fight with Khan.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post May 5 2013, 06:54 AM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 5 2013, 06:14 AM) *
I was thinking this very thing as everyone was commenting on the fight tonite. I really would like to see how Mayweather Jr jr deals with Paulie this summer. Mayweather Jr jr doesnt have the defense of his famous daddy. I'd like to see if his power and explosivelness carries over to 147. I think Guerrero's power is overrated and that he's very cagey and tenacious. i think it would be a good fight and Mayweather Jr jr would be challenged atthis point in his career.

I don't know, I think this fight with Paulie for Broner is nothing more or less than a added notch for AB. I don't think Golden Boy is stupid enough to put a future ticket like Broner in a situation he can't handle just yet. Don't wanna sound to much like I'm knockin either guys skills though either, it's just IMO, PM seems taylor made to get handled just like every other up and coming star has done with him. These two guys mouth's can pretty much sell the fight it self, but I think the more blunt/obvious question with that fight is " does AB still have the power at WW"? That's it. We pretty much know he has the skill. I think his last 2 fights he fought as a WW.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 5 2013, 08:03 AM
Post #5

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Broner will be boxed by malignaggi.. malinaggi has been in with some studs. Broner has fought midgets and is starting to look and act like a stupid fool. He will have to come to KO Malinaggi and in trying to do so may get picked apart

+Quote Post
emd01
post May 5 2013, 10:01 AM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 5 2013, 05:03 AM) *
Broner will be boxed by malignaggi.. malinaggi has been in with some studs. Broner has fought midgets and is starting to look and act like a stupid fool. He will have to come to KO Malinaggi and in trying to do so may get picked apart

This. Broner is hype. He's a good fighter, dont get me wrong, but he isnt the next P4P king. I think Paulie is going to expose a lot of his weaknesses. I'd give RG a solid chance at beating Broner.

This post has been edited by emd01: May 5 2013, 10:01 AM

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 5 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Broner would've been alot like the Mayweather that was against Cotto. He wouldn't have done alot of the sticking and moving. But he wouldve been successful with the straight right down the pipe, and he body shots. It would've been an uglier fight for Broner, but Broner probably wouldve put him out. IF his strength and speed is all kept from lightweight

This post has been edited by Jovi: May 5 2013, 11:14 AM

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post May 5 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

broner is flat footed, a easier target to hit a much better/exciting fight for guererro

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 5 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I see Paulie getting stopped late. Paulie is the smarter boxer and probably with jab Broner's face off early but Paulie just can't command enough respect with his punching power IMO. I REALLY like Paulie and I think he's way underrated. However, I've seen him lose to fighters he's far more skilled than simply because guys just walk through his punches.

But to answer the question, I wouldn't mind seeing Broner OR Paulie fight Guerrero.

This post has been edited by Franchize: May 5 2013, 01:22 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 5 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

broner now has the advantage of seeing floyd do it...so that's in his favor.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:48 AM