IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it to soon to ask?, How would Adrian Broner fair against Robert Guerrero?
BrutUalBK
post May 5 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ May 5 2013, 04:57 AM) *
I know this question was asked back when it was thought Broner would face Guerrero before Floyd, but I figured since we've had updated views of both guys I'd bring up the question again; How would u see Broner matching against Guerrero from last night? Would he have the same/better success as Floyd or a Harder fight?

Now I asked, "if it's to soon to ask" for the obvious reason that we've yet to see Broner work at welter, but seeing as him and Guerrero do have parallel stories of jumping 2 divisions and Broner SEEMS more physically cut out to match at WW, the question should remain fitting at this time.

Let me know how u see things playing out with Broner vs. Guerrero

I think it is too soon for AB, we will have to see what he does vs PM first but I think Guerrero is too much of everything for Adrien. He is tall, rangy and a SP plus with the holes in AB's shoulder roll will be like fighting Berto again and he'll take immediate advantage of that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 5 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

After seeing Robert and his dad's behavior post fight...I really don't care to see him fight Broner. If he beats Broner, all he'll be doing is clamoring for another Mayweather fight. I've changed my stance. Go call out Manny or something.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post May 5 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 5 2013, 09:22 PM) *
Go call out Manny or something.

That would be interesting to watch

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 5 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Guerrero beats Broner by TKO no later the 8th.

Guerrero has seen a Mayweather-type style...Broner is vicariously living through Floyd's victory, and has yet to see a Guerrero-type style.

Broner is waaaay more offensive than Mayweather, which will leave him more open to Robert's onslaught....

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 6 2013, 03:45 AM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2013, 10:40 PM) *
Guerrero beats Broner by TKO no later the 8th.

Guerrero has seen a Mayweather-type style...Broner is vicariously living through Floyd's victory, and has yet to see a Guerrero-type style.

Broner is waaaay more offensive than Mayweather, which will leave him more open to Robert's onslaught....

Yeah and apparently Broner isn't as good as handling that kind of offense like Mayweather can. I really don't get what people see in Broner, just because he reminds of us Floyd Mayweather, doesn't mean he is. I see two totally different level of fighters. Broner isn't going to walk through Malignaggi imo either.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 7 2013, 03:11 AM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

If Broner tightens his defense up he'll get the win over Robert, but as it stands now if I was in his camp I'd steer clear of that fight. i'm on the fence about him making this jump up to welter to fight Paulie, that may not go the way he wants and hopes it will

He's still learning but my biggest issue with Broner in the ring is if your going to be that damn offensive make sure your not taking unnecessary shots, and he gets hist with punches every fight that he shouldn't get hit with

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (sduck @ May 6 2013, 04:45 AM) *
Yeah and apparently Broner isn't as good as handling that kind of offense like Mayweather can. I really don't get what people see in Broner, just because he reminds of us Floyd Mayweather, doesn't mean he is. I see two totally different level of fighters. Broner isn't going to walk through Malignaggi imo either.

Right

I see Broner having more success than Berto, but far less than Mayweather...in terms of the shoulder roll style. Truthfully, Floyd didn't do much shoulder-rolling against Guerrero, because he didn't give Robert a chance to throw that many punches.

I also agree that Broner wont just steamroll through Paulie, like most think. Guerrero is a big ass WW too...may be too much for Adrien. Just because Broner comes into a fight as a WW, doesn't mean that he will perform the same after officially tipping the scale at WW the day before. People tend to get this mixed up.

The most interesting part is, Robert has officially fought against that Mayweather style, who's fought at the top level unlike Broner's watered down version of Floyd's style, which he hasn't fought at the highest level yet. Robert may have more success than people think, because he's been there already.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 08:17 AM