Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So Who Beats Floyd? Past or Present?
hitman
post May 7 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #31

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,342

if you don't think duran had defense then you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. i have nothing else to add to that subject.

This post has been edited by hitman: May 7 2013, 06:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #32

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 05:51 PM) *
if you don't think duran had defense then you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. i have nothing else to add to that subject.

Thanks, stop crying like a little girl because I disagreed with you. All I was saying is that his defense isn't all that you are making it out to be and TH proved how many holes was in it with nearly all of his punches getting through to that so called Masterful Defense you keep blowing his b@ll$ about.

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 7 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #33

Super Flyweight

funny how a guy with no defense would be featured in a video called the great defensive artists of all time though. right before floyd mayweather. imagine that.

http://youtu.be/F5Pw2elzBik?t=7m16s

This post has been edited by hitman: May 7 2013, 06:34 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 07:32 PM) *
funny how a guy with no defense would be featured in a video called the great defensive artists of all time though. right before floyd mayweather. imagine that.

beautiful display by both.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 7 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #35

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

You guys are sick! Only Manny Pacquiao can beat Floyd. Past, present, and future! Add Canelo and GGG and Martinez but mainly the Pacman! His speed, punching power, and foot work will confuse that little midget May!

Seriously though, the only person I would say is SRR. The greatest welter weight of all time.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 06:32 PM) *

I thought you said you were done?? Why are you back if you are supposed to be finished? I'm still looking for the post where i said that Duran had NO DEFENSE, can you help me find it?? I said that he had holes in his defense that TH exploited in that fight, if you find different then please post it up. I don't have to imagine anything because either you have terrible reading comprehension or you have a hell of an imagination if you thought that is what I said.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 06:15 PM) *
i thought oscar looked his best vs. trinidad. his gameplan/fear of tito's power cost him the fight. but i thought that was the best he ever looked. when i said a prime dlh could possibly beat floyd that was the one i was thinking about. the whitaker fight was his first at welterweight.

you could point to dlh's fight with oscar as another example of how he would do against a guy who isn't a stationary target...camacho lost that fight...but i don't recall it being a beating like the one chavez gave him.

trinidad/dlh will always be a highly debated fight. at the time i watched it i didn't score it...i thought there was no way trinidad would get the decision in vegas...but after watching it several times with the volume down...i scored it for trinidad. it could have gone either way. dlh giving up the final rounds cost him.

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 7 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #38

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 5 2013, 07:15 PM) *
Look at Duran at 147, he was getting pasted by Hearns, he had no defense whatsoever and facing Floyd with that lack of D would allow Money to potshot all day long.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 7 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #39

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2013, 06:58 PM) *
you could point to dlh's fight with oscar as another example of how he would do against a guy who isn't a stationary target...camacho lost that fight...but i don't recall it being a beating like the one chavez gave him.

trinidad/dlh will always be a highly debated fight. at the time i watched it i didn't score it...i thought there was no way trinidad would get the decision in vegas...but after watching it several times with the volume down...i scored it for trinidad. it could have gone either way. dlh giving up the final rounds cost him.

you mean dlh/camacho? from what i remember it was very one-sided. oscar dropped him too. but camacho wasn't as good then as he was vs. chavez either though.

i never had a problem with that decision. you can't give away the last 4 and complain. always thought it was a draw. but oscar was very sharp that night IMO.

This post has been edited by hitman: May 7 2013, 07:11 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 08:00 PM) *
you mean dlh/camacho? from what i remember it was very one-sided. oscar dropped him too. but camacho wasn't as good then as he was vs. chavez either though.

i never had a problem with that decision. you can't give away the last 4 and complain. always thought it was a draw. but oscar was very sharp that night IMO.

oops. forgot to proof read. yes...camacho. and yes, i agree he was old against both.

oscar was sharp....but a lot of the combinations he threw didn't even land. they looked impressive though. trinidad had decent defense...but i wouldn't put him in the category of defensive master.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:51 AM