Reply to this topicStart new topic
> top 10 fights I'd like to see this winter
Col Reb
post May 5 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

Here are my top ten. I don't think these will happen, but they sure would be fun to watch.

1. Floyd vs Golovkin - I would have Martinez in this spot but he's injured. I'd like to see Floyd win a MW title, and Golovkin has the power to keep us o the edge of our seats.

2. Ward vs Hopkins - I'd love to see Ward head to 175 to challenge for Hopkins' title in what would be pure enjoyment for boxing purists.

3. Canelo vs Cotto - This would be a great war and the perfect PPV fight for Canelo before a Cinco de Mayo fight in 2014 vs Floyd.

4. Broner vs Danny Garcia - The build up to this fight would be great as Garcia moves up to challenge for Broner's WW title. Imagine the trash talk between Broner and Angel Garcia! The fight itself would be quite the battle as well.

5. Malignaggi vs Judah - Let this one sell out in Brooklyn in what would be sure to be a battle of mouths and speed for bragging rights in NYC.

6. Wilder vs Fury - I'd like to see how Tyson Fury could stand up to Wilder's knockout power in a perfect follow up heavyweight fight on NBC.

7. Rios vs Ortiz - It's a shame this fight couldn't be made. The hatred between these guys in real, and it would promise to be a brawl for the ages.

8. Gamboa vs Mikey Garcia - This would be a great battle to test speed vs technique.

9. Donaire vs Darchinyan II - The first fight was great action. Could Vic avenge this defeat in a rematch he's wanted for years, or would Donaire get back in the win column?

10. Toney vs Botha - In a battle of has-been great fighters, could the Buffalo rise as again, as is often predicted on these boards, or would Toney position himself for another paycheck?

This post has been edited by Col Reb: May 5 2013, 11:13 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 5 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 5 2013, 07:39 PM) *
Here are my top five. I don't think these will happen, but they sure would be fun to watch.

1. Floyd vs Golovkin - I would have Martinez in this spot but he's injured. I'd like to see Floyd win a MW title, and Golovkin has the power to keep us o the edge of our seats.

2. Ward vs Hopkins - I'd love to see Ward head to 175 to challenge for Hopkins' title in what would be pure enjoyment for boxing purists.

3. Canelo vs Cotto - This would be a great war and the perfect PPV fight for Canelo before a Cinco de Mayo fight in 2014 vs Floyd.

4. Broner vs Danny Garcia - The build up to this fight would be great as Garcia moves up to challenge for Broner's WW title. Imagine the trash talk between Broner and Angel Garcia! The fight itself would be quite the battle as well.

5. Malignaggi vs Judah - Let this one sell out in Brooklyn in what would be sure to be a battle of mouths and speed for bragging rights in NYC.

6. Wilder vs Fury - I'd like to see how Tyson Fury could stand up to Wilder's knockout power in a perfect follow up heavyweight fight on NBC.

7. Rios vs Ortiz - It's a shame this fight couldn't be made. The hatred between these guys in real, and it would promise to be a brawl for the ages.

8. Gamboa vs Mikey Garcia - This would be a great battle to test speed vs technique.

9. Donaire vs Darchinyan II - The first fight was great action. Could Vic avenge this defeat in a rematch he's wanted for years, or would Donaire get back in the win column?

10. Toney vs Botha - In a battle of has-been great fighters, could the Buffalo rise as again, as is often predicted on these boards, or would Toney position himself for another paycheck?

Botha?? Great?? That destroyed this whole thread.

This post has been edited by The Original MrFactor: May 5 2013, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post
Plah
post May 5 2013, 08:37 PM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 5 2013, 07:50 PM) *

Floyd/GGG destroyed the whole thread.

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post May 5 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

That was a shout-out to the White Buffalo. His presence on this board is missed.

+Quote Post
un01
post May 5 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #5

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,229

Can't think of a full top 10, but I would like to see...

Floyd vs Martinez

Rigo vs Mares

Broner vs Khan

Bradley vs Provodnikov 2

Pac vs Marquez 5 (why the fuck not?)

Ward vs Hopkins

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 5 2013, 11:53 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 5 2013, 06:50 PM) *

QUOTE (Plah @ May 5 2013, 08:37 PM) *
Floyd/GGG destroyed the whole thread.

Pretty much

I want to see the winner of lamont Lucas against Garcia. Mares vs Garcia and/or gamboa. Hopkins vs kessler or froch. Rigo vs anyone of note, ggg vs chavez or Murray, and Bradley marquez (which is suppose to happen)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 5 2013, 11:59 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

What an odd list.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 6 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (un01 @ May 6 2013, 12:52 AM) *
Can't think of a full top 10, but I would like to see...

Floyd vs Martinez

Rigo vs Mares

Broner vs Khan

Bradley vs Provodnikov 2

Pac vs Marquez 5 (why the fuck not?)

Ward vs Hopkins

Nice post, although I'm more interested in Bradley/Marquez 1st. I'd also like to throw Provodnikov/Mayweather Jr jr in there.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 6 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 6 2013, 12:53 AM) *
Pretty much

I want to see the winner of lamont Lucas against Garcia. Mares vs Garcia and/or gamboa. Hopkins vs kessler or froch. Rigo vs anyone of note, ggg vs chavez or Murray, and Bradley marquez (which is suppose to happen)

Ooooohhh, I'd like to see Hopkins take on the Kessler/Froch winner. i saw an interview the other day with Hopkins. he alluded to just wanting BIG events from here on out after he takes care of his mandatory coming up. i think the Kessler/Froch winner would be a big event.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

rigondeaux/mares

floyd/canelo

garcia/matthysse or garcia/peterson

broner/gamboa

russell/donaire

quillen/ggg

hopkins/cleverly

ward/chavez

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 09:06 PM