IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who got it worse?
Who got it worse?
Which Floyd opponent got the worse ass whoopin/boxing lesson?
Marquez [ 10 ] ** [45.45%]
Baldomir [ 3 ] ** [13.64%]
Ortiz [ 4 ] ** [18.18%]
Guerrero [ 5 ] ** [22.73%]
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
Thebruntje
post May 6 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #11

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,529

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 6 2013, 03:54 PM) *
Out of these 4, I'd have to go with Guerrero. Not because it was an ass-whoopin', but because he had more to offer, than the other 3 fighters.

Marquez - Im not sure why people are giving Floyd props for that fight...it shouldn't have happened in the first place. ANYBODY can look that good against a smaller fighter that obviously cant hurt you. I still give Floyd the side eye for that fight, but considering how Marquez's career didn't crumble after that fight, shows just how skilled he really is.

Baldomir - I nod off, when I even think of that fight. Lol. Dude had cement boots on and had NO speed...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ortiz - I was proud of the work that he did do in the fight...until of course his famous mental lapse came knocking.

Guerrero - Of all 4 fighters, he had the most to offer. He was the right size, he wasn't intimidated, and countered Floyd pretty good in the first couple of rounds, but again, Floyd took some of his weapons away and Guerrero did himself an injustice by trying to box so early.

He didn't do much wrong, but he just started to step off of the gas, and Floyd stepped on it. With that in mind, he got the worse boxing lesson of the 4.

It is ironic to me for you to choose Guerrero as the guy who got the worst beating! Before the Guerrero fight i said that it would look like Mayweather-Gatti ! Even though Guerrero wasn't stopped Mayweather whooped him almost as bad as he did to gatti i wish he would have put his foot on the gas in the last 2 rounds! I actually thought Mayweather was way to defensive in the last rounds but at the same time i understood him, there's no need in taking risks when you already won the fight and you're planning on fighting again in september!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post May 6 2013, 04:11 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 6 2013, 07:26 AM) *
If Ortiz didn't snap it would of been him, I think he was lucky Mayweather put him out in the 4th, because I could see him getting brutally stopped later.

Ha ha ha ha....+1.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 6 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Baldo got totally outclassed, he seemed like he was trying harder than all the rest of them combined, he is naturally bigger than all of the others too and being the Lineal Champ at the time we all expected more from him especially since he beatdown Zab prior to. I didn't expect as much from JMM though he was #2 P4P at the time because of his lack of height and his lack of speed, and i felt that RG was more talking himself up because of all the crap his dad was spewing but I figured Floyd would beat him by UD.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 6 2013, 08:50 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Thebruntje @ May 6 2013, 04:49 PM) *
It is ironic to me for you to choose Guerrero as the guy who got the worst beating! Before the Guerrero fight i said that it would look like Mayweather-Gatti ! Even though Guerrero wasn't stopped Mayweather whooped him almost as bad as he did to gatti i wish he would have put his foot on the gas in the last 2 rounds! I actually thought Mayweather was way to defensive in the last rounds but at the same time i understood him, there's no need in taking risks when you already won the fight and you're planning on fighting again in september!

I see that you're still hyped about the fight on Saturday, but there's no way in the world Mayweather has beaten anybody worse than he beat Gatti...not even close. Again, I know you're excited about Floyd's victory, but let's not get outta hand here.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Thebruntje @ May 6 2013, 04:49 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 7 2013, 03:29 AM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 6 2013, 08:50 PM) *
I see that you're still hyped about the fight on Saturday, but there's no way in the world Mayweather has beaten anybody worse than he beat Gatti...not even close. Again, I know you're excited about Floyd's victory, but let's not get outta hand here.

Yeah that Gatti fight was something I like to call one of Boxing's brutal masterpieces. But out of these 4 that's in the poll I'm torn between Baldomir and Guerrero. Baldomir was throwing punches that to even call them slow is being generous, and Guerrero, I just find it funny how God was on his side and he lost. I guess the good Lord wanted Robert's eye busted open. I wouldn't call what Floyd did to him this past Saturday an ass whoopin but he definitely made a statement and Guerrero got the message loud and clear

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 06:15 AM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 03:29 AM) *
Yeah that Gatti fight was something I like to call one of Boxing's brutal masterpieces. But out of these 4 that's in the poll I'm torn between Baldomir and Guerrero. Baldomir was throwing punches that to even call them slow is being generous, and Guerrero, I just find it funny how God was on his side and he lost. I guess the good Lord wanted Robert's eye busted open. I wouldn't call what Floyd did to him this past Saturday an ass whoopin but he definitely made a statement and Guerrero got the message loud and clear

I disagree that Baldo's punches was slow, it was just that Floyd was so much faster in order to get out of the way of them; those are the same punches that beat the superfast Judah at that time.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2013, 11:22 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 04:29 AM) *

Right, and you worded it correctly...a "brutal masterpiece".

As for Guerrero, smh...that's all I can do is shake my head. He appeared to have all of the tools, but couldn't do anything with it after talking all of that trash. Smh.

He got a boxing lesson from a 36-year old fighter who was sold to the public as possibly past it.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 7 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Nobody got whooped worse than Gatti. That's why I didn't even add him to the list lol

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 7 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #20

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

I don't think Baldomir or Marquez got it really bad. Guerrero ate more harder shots than both of them. Ortiz got it the worst though cause he got KTFO. I don't think Floyd ever really hurt the other guys. JMM got dropped but I don't think he was really hurt.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 09:44 PM