IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who got it worse?
Who got it worse?
Which Floyd opponent got the worse ass whoopin/boxing lesson?
Marquez [ 10 ] ** [45.45%]
Baldomir [ 3 ] ** [13.64%]
Ortiz [ 4 ] ** [18.18%]
Guerrero [ 5 ] ** [22.73%]
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #21

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 04:36 PM) *
I don't think Baldomir or Marquez got it really bad. Guerrero ate more harder shots than both of them. Ortiz got it the worst though cause he got KTFO. I don't think Floyd ever really hurt the other guys. JMM got dropped but I don't think he was really hurt.

It wasn't necessarily about whether he hurt them or not but rather how badly he embarrassed them with his display of boxing skills.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 7 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #22

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 7 2013, 06:31 PM) *
It wasn't necessarily about whether he hurt them or not but rather how badly he embarrassed them with his display of boxing skills.

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 5 2013, 11:55 PM) *
That being said, who do YOU think got the worse ass whooping/ boxing lesson out of these clearly outmatched opponents?

what does ass whooping mean then? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

ortiz lost every round and got knocked out in humiliating fashion. i'd rather be any of the other 3 than him.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #23

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 06:49 PM) *
what does ass whooping mean then? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

ortiz lost every round and got knocked out in humiliating fashion. i'd rather be any of the other 3 than him.

I believe he was focusing more on how easily they were embarrassed, which is why he left out the Gatti beatdown. Everybody knows he got it worse.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

ass whoopin must mean something different these days. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 09:35 PM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2013, 07:01 PM) *
ass whoopin must mean something different these days. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Floyd showed more offense vs Gatti, he didn't even have to use his defense all that much but in the fights vs Baldo and JMM he displayed an equal amount of both which totally embarrassed his competitors vs Gatti it was a clean and simple ass whuppin.

Floyd moved brilliantly vs Baldo (who brought more pressure and threw more in volume of punches than JMM) and he made it look as though he was Usain Bolt and Baldo was a giant Sloth.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post May 7 2013, 09:52 PM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

It's Ortiz. He taught him the most important Boxing lesson of all. "Protect yourself at all times".

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 8 2013, 12:00 AM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 7 2013, 06:15 AM) *
I disagree that Baldo's punches was slow, it was just that Floyd was so much faster in order to get out of the way of them; those are the same punches that beat the superfast Judah at that time.

That Judah fight was a mirage, the highlight of his career.So I give him credit for that win but we all know how Judah was at that particular time so it is what it is. Those punches beat the after 6 round Judah. Yeah Mayweather was much faster but it's rare occurence when he's not, I stand on my comments that Baldomir's punches were slow

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 8 2013, 12:04 AM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 7 2013, 11:22 AM) *
Right, and you worded it correctly...a "brutal masterpiece".

As for Guerrero, smh...that's all I can do is shake my head. He appeared to have all of the tools, but couldn't do anything with it after talking all of that trash. Smh.

He got a boxing lesson from a 36-year old fighter who was sold to the public as possibly past it.

And to think they sold this lemon to the American public (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The stuff that Guerrero did in the earlier rounds was working, somewhere into the fight he just lost something, what that something is IDK but he just couldn't do what he needed to do and I am of the belief that he knew what adjustments to make, he just couldn't execute them. Maybe that's more Mayweather's doing then his own

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 8 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 8 2013, 01:04 AM) *
And to think they sold this lemon to the American public (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The stuff that Guerrero did in the earlier rounds was working, somewhere into the fight he just lost something, what that something is IDK but he just couldn't do what he needed to do and I am of the belief that he knew what adjustments to make, he just couldn't execute them. Maybe that's more Mayweather's doing then his own

Right

I was in the living room like, "WTF???". After the 3rd round, I just started posting, and knew that I didn't even have to look at the tv anymore...the pace was already set. Smh

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 8 2013, 03:23 PM
Post #30

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 8 2013, 12:04 AM) *

It's called Floyd making the necessary adjustments, it usually takes Money 4 rounds to figure out what his opponent is doing and the timing to make him pay; once he does he takes over and dominates which is exactly what happened.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:26 PM