> Did Floyd Throw Roger Under the Bus?
Dolimite
post May 6 2013, 08:34 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

http://fighthype.com/news/article14365.html

It is no hiding I am a Mayweather fan but after seeing this video I am not sure if Floyd is making excuses or does he have a legitimate claim? It seemed throughout his 17 year career Roger has been there and not only that but has been dedicated to his nephew. I don't really know what to make of this. I know Roger doesn't give great instruction but damn. This rubbed me the wrong way. But I may be tripping. However, I only have seen frustration from his corner and that was against Chavez and I forget where they were fighting. Roger was saying that Floyd should be breezing through the guy but Floyd was telling him it wasn't that easy. So I do not know. I have no idea how to to take this. Its shady either way. Last year you were calling your dad a cab driver who could not box for shit (i am glad Sr. and Jr. reunited) and saying Roger was the best trainer and now this. Some bullshit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 6 2013, 09:34 AM) *
http://fighthype.com/news/article14365.html

It is no hiding I am a Mayweather fan but after seeing this video I am not sure if Floyd is making excuses or does he have a legitimate claim? It seemed throughout his 17 year career Roger has been there and not only that but has been dedicated to his nephew. I don't really know what to make of this. I know Roger doesn't give great instruction but damn. This rubbed me the wrong way. But I may be tripping. However, I only have seen frustration from his corner and that was against Chavez and I forget where they were fighting. Roger was saying that Floyd should be breezing through the guy but Floyd was telling him it wasn't that easy. So I do not know. I have no idea how to to take this. Its shady either way. Last year you were calling your dad a cab driver who could not box for shit (i am glad Sr. and Jr. reunited) and saying Roger was the best trainer and now this. Some bullshit.

first...let me say that i have always believed floyd sr to be the superior trainer. i don't believe it's a secret that roger has been more offensive minded when it comes to boxing in comparison to sr who is more defensive minded. with that being said, it is roger who inherited a complete fighter imo...so there really was no teaching/coaching so to speak. roger is just a second pair of eyes to floyd. sometimes he sees things...sometimes he doesn't. floyd sr is a second brain to floyd. floyd himself said it...when something isn't working floyd sr gives him other options. there's no "keep doing what you're doing..." from him.

floyd jr is a chip off the old block. they both have massive egos. i've always viewed floyd jr's disrespect in the past as a way of him becoming his own man and being a jr myself....i sort of get it. i am happy to see sr back in his corner and i don't believe floyd jr's statements are throwing roger under the bus...they're just truth. that's not to say roger isn't a great trainer...he is in comparison to most, but floyd sr is the best. period.

the floyd i saw in the ring last saturday looked 10 yrs younger. the change that sticks out the most to me is having his pops back in his corner and in the gym. if that isn't proof enough for everyone...then i don't know what it will take to convince u.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 01:46 AM