> Did Floyd Throw Roger Under the Bus?
Dolimite
post May 6 2013, 08:34 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

http://fighthype.com/news/article14365.html

It is no hiding I am a Mayweather fan but after seeing this video I am not sure if Floyd is making excuses or does he have a legitimate claim? It seemed throughout his 17 year career Roger has been there and not only that but has been dedicated to his nephew. I don't really know what to make of this. I know Roger doesn't give great instruction but damn. This rubbed me the wrong way. But I may be tripping. However, I only have seen frustration from his corner and that was against Chavez and I forget where they were fighting. Roger was saying that Floyd should be breezing through the guy but Floyd was telling him it wasn't that easy. So I do not know. I have no idea how to to take this. Its shady either way. Last year you were calling your dad a cab driver who could not box for shit (i am glad Sr. and Jr. reunited) and saying Roger was the best trainer and now this. Some bullshit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post May 6 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I dont think he threw Roger under the bus, he just put the facts out there. Why have Roger be his chief corner man, when he's having vision problems. I wonder how he does the mitt work, if that's the case, but hell, mitt work and an actual fight are two different things.

I just dont like how butthurt Sr has been over the years about not being able to train his son, regardless of him just saying that he wants a "relationship" with him. The relationship that they've always appeared to have, was boxing itself, but those egos of theirs can easily ruin that again.

If Floyd is getting hit (like he did in the Cotto fight), and Roger is just telling him to "keep doing what you're doing", then it makes Floyd look older and "over the hill", though he doesn't appear to be.

It almost makes it seem like he's fighting to prove the public wrong, rather than moving on to something else when one thing doesn't seem to work. It was dead obvious that Floyd couldn't land anything clean & effective on Cotto for a vast majority of the fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 08:20 PM