IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios Set For Nov.23, Update: USADA Drug Testing Will Be Conducted
Cshel86
post May 6 2013, 09:12 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 6 2013, 10:05 PM) *
you lost your mojo! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think Rios takes this one. As we've seen from him as of late, his defense a bit underrated and he will pick up where Margarito left off. He's quicker than Margs, he takes a punch just about the same, and his hand speed is better.

I wont say that Rios will walk away from this one unscathed, but Manny will have his work cut out for him. He looked pretty good in the Marquez fight before the knockout, but I think Rios will make him work even harder for it at this stage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 6 2013, 10:12 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think Rios takes this one. As we've seen from him as of late, his defense a bit underrated and he will pick up where Margarito left off. He's quicker than Margs, he takes a punch just about the same, and his hand speed is better.

I wont say that Rios will walk away from this one unscathed, but Manny will have his work cut out for him. He looked pretty good in the Marquez fight before the knockout, but I think Rios will make him work even harder for it at this stage.

i agree...he'll pick up where margarito left off....getting his ass beat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i can't see rios lasting more than 5 rounds. even against a depleted version of pac. pac is going to fire on this kid and put him to sleep.

rios defense looked spotty at best against alvarado. rios has gone as high as he's going to go. he's tailor made for a guy like pac. he's a slower, extremely less skilled version of the kind of guys manny was beating to earn the name mexicutioner. this was the fight arum should have made after the bradley loss. we might have still been talking about mayweather/pac as a relevant fight had he done that.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 6 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 6 2013, 10:19 PM) *
i agree...he'll pick up where margarito left off....getting his ass beat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i can't see rios lasting more than 5 rounds. even against a depleted version of pac. pac is going to fire on this kid and put him to sleep.

rios defense looked spotty at best against alvarado. rios has gone as high as he's going to go. he's tailor made for a guy like pac. he's a slower, extremely less skilled version of the kind of guys manny was beating to earn the name mexicutioner. this was the fight arum should have made after the bradley loss. we might have still been talking about mayweather/pac as a relevant fight had he done that.

It remains to be seen. As much as I want to say that he's tailor made for Manny, I wanted him to stay as far away from a fight of this nature after the Marquez loss.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 6 2013, 09:52 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

No way bradon rios can knock out manny pacquiao. manny aint gonna make that mistake again trust me he learned from that. Not to mention brandon rios doesnt have 1% of the aquired skill and experience that marquez had that allowed him to KO pacquiao. Rios is the guy that looks for the knockout all night and gets tagged up in the process, Marquez is the guy who sets up the knockout and then gets it. It took marquez 4 fights to do that. You think dumbass rios can pull that off? hell no. That kid doesnt have one ounce of ring IQ in him. Hes gonna try to come forward and get his head bashed in all nite like margarito. Pacquiao is an elusive target for the most part, the only way to catch him is to lure him in, and it takes a counter puncher who knows his habits to do that. Brandon rios is gonna get beat up.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 6 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #15

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I think I am taking Rios here! Bob could be cashing Manny out and we don't know how Manny is going to react after being KO'd cold. He may not be the same fighter ever again. In fact he may box more and be more cautions. Rios only knows one way to fight. The winner could fight Alverado. Rios-Pacquiao will be a war! If Manny can't get past Rios, he's done.

Jack

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post May 6 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #16

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

it's wrong how they are doing alvarado

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 6 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Rios has never faced a fighter with Pac's offensive ability, so we don't know how his chin will stand up.

Manny finishes this fight in the middle rounds if he is right. If he loses to Rios, he may never get back to that elite level. The big question is how Pac's chin holds up after the JMM fight. If it is still ok and Pac isn't a different fighter, he smokes Rios and looks great doing so.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 6 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #18

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ May 6 2013, 10:16 PM) *
it's wrong how they are doing alvarado

Unless of course Mike is lined up for the winner as should be the case. Yea, I would like to see Pacquiao-Alverado instead , but Pacquiao-Rios is still pretty cool!

This ends within six rounds either way.

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 7 2013, 01:01 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

I wonder at what weight this fight will be at? If its at 147 Rios will come out swinging again, get gassed quickly, nighty night

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2013, 01:31 AM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 6 2013, 10:52 PM) *
No way bradon rios can knock out manny pacquiao. manny aint gonna make that mistake again trust me he learned from that. Not to mention brandon rios doesnt have 1% of the aquired skill and experience that marquez had that allowed him to KO pacquiao. Rios is the guy that looks for the knockout all night and gets tagged up in the process, Marquez is the guy who sets up the knockout and then gets it. It took marquez 4 fights to do that. You think dumbass rios can pull that off? hell no. That kid doesnt have one ounce of ring IQ in him. Hes gonna try to come forward and get his head bashed in all nite like margarito. Pacquiao is an elusive target for the most part, the only way to catch him is to lure him in, and it takes a counter puncher who knows his habits to do that. Brandon rios is gonna get beat up.

very good assessment. pretty much how i see it too.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 12:36 AM