IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> fight of the night, which fight did you enjoy the most?
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 09:15 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

love/rosado

santa cruz/no hoper

mares/ponce de leon

mayweather/guerrero

i thought the love rosado bout was clearly the most competitive and displayed a great amount of skill from both guys. the ebb and flow....and subtle adjustments made by both guys made this fight my personal favorite of the night. i picked rosado to win...and i thought he did...but love showed that he is no joke. i would love to see this rematch down the line. both are great talents who will go on to do great things in boxing. in my eyes...they're both winners. their stock went up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Franchize
post May 7 2013, 09:36 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

Part of me wants to say Mares vs PDL but, as I was saying the entire fight, I was becoming upset after a while with PDL's success in that fight. Sure he ultimately got knocked down twice, but I couldn't for the life of me, figure out how Mares came into the fight bragging that he was going to "show everyone he can box too" but got hit with the same right hand ALL NIGHT LONG. It wasn't coming from angles. There wasn't any variation. It wasn't coming behind a left jab or hook. Ponce De Leon looked like one of the most 1 handed fighters I've ever seen...but that hand kept landing. It's like letting a crackhead with one tooth bite you.

So ultimately, I guess I gotta go with Mayweather vs Guerrero. The Mares vs Ponce De Leon fight was more exciting and competitive but the gross tactical flaws and the early stoppage spoiled it for me. End of the day, I'll take a boxing exhibition over almost everything.

Love/Rosado was good but like Cshel said, for Love to be so big, he really doesn't have much punching power at that weight class.

This post has been edited by Franchize: May 7 2013, 09:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:36 PM