IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> fight of the night, which fight did you enjoy the most?
daprofessor
post May 6 2013, 09:15 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

love/rosado

santa cruz/no hoper

mares/ponce de leon

mayweather/guerrero

i thought the love rosado bout was clearly the most competitive and displayed a great amount of skill from both guys. the ebb and flow....and subtle adjustments made by both guys made this fight my personal favorite of the night. i picked rosado to win...and i thought he did...but love showed that he is no joke. i would love to see this rematch down the line. both are great talents who will go on to do great things in boxing. in my eyes...they're both winners. their stock went up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 6 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Love/Rosado easily.

Did anybody see how Love pulled a Chavez Jr.??? Dude came into the fight at 179 lbs, while Gabe came in at 167. Love is a BIG middleweight...

Rosado checked that chin every chance that he could. Love pisses me off with his lack of power...or maybe he doesn't sit down in his punches.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 7 2013, 01:03 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 7 2013, 03:31 AM)
Love/Rosado easily.

Did anybody see how Love pulled a Chavez Jr.??? Dude came into the fight at 179 lbs, while Gabe came in at 167. Love is a BIG middleweight...

Rosado checked that chin every chance that he could. Love pisses me off with his lack of power...or maybe he doesn't sit down in his punches.

Now that was funny I mean the 179lber went down but couldnt hurt the smaller man, but I think Rosado should of stayed at Jr middleweight

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2013, 01:29 AM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 6 2013, 10:31 PM) *
Love/Rosado easily.

he squares up really bad anytime he gets ready to throw in combination. offensively...he's not rotating them shoulders enough to get the most out of his punches.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 7 2013, 03:20 AM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 6 2013, 09:31 PM) *
Love/Rosado easily.

I believe it is this

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2013, 08:01 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 7 2013, 02:03 AM) *
Now that was funny I mean the 179lber went down but couldnt hurt the smaller man, but I think Rosado should of stayed at Jr middleweight

Right. That wasn't a good look at all for Love. I mean Chavez obliterates guys when he has the weight advantage, but clearly that wasn't the case with Love. Smh

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2013, 02:29 AM) *
he squares up really bad anytime he gets ready to throw in combination. offensively...he's not rotating them shoulders enough to get the most out of his punches.

I peeped that. He cant keep that up, especially if he plans to stay on the fast track like this. Rosado exposed him on more than a few occasions. Watching Love exchange with another fighter is like walking on egg shells. During exchanges, he swung like a kid on the playground in their very first fight.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 04:20 AM) *
I believe it is this

I'm hoping that this is the case. For a minute, it seemed like he was saving his hardest punches for the later rounds...smart move, IF you can adjust, control, defend, or worse case scenario, survive the early rounds.

Rosado showed us why he can never be counted out. Dude pulled out the stops in a few rounds and had me thinking that Love was ready. I'm sure that we can agree that Love has a pretty good (not great) chin, but he shouldn't be getting hit as much as he does.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 7 2013, 09:36 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Part of me wants to say Mares vs PDL but, as I was saying the entire fight, I was becoming upset after a while with PDL's success in that fight. Sure he ultimately got knocked down twice, but I couldn't for the life of me, figure out how Mares came into the fight bragging that he was going to "show everyone he can box too" but got hit with the same right hand ALL NIGHT LONG. It wasn't coming from angles. There wasn't any variation. It wasn't coming behind a left jab or hook. Ponce De Leon looked like one of the most 1 handed fighters I've ever seen...but that hand kept landing. It's like letting a crackhead with one tooth bite you.

So ultimately, I guess I gotta go with Mayweather vs Guerrero. The Mares vs Ponce De Leon fight was more exciting and competitive but the gross tactical flaws and the early stoppage spoiled it for me. End of the day, I'll take a boxing exhibition over almost everything.

Love/Rosado was good but like Cshel said, for Love to be so big, he really doesn't have much punching power at that weight class.

This post has been edited by Franchize: May 7 2013, 09:37 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2013, 11:00 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 7 2013, 10:36 AM) *
Part of me wants to say Mares vs PDL but, as I was saying the entire fight, I was becoming upset after a while with PDL's success in that fight. Sure he ultimately got knocked down twice, but I couldn't for the life of me, figure out how Mares came into the fight bragging that he was going to "show everyone he can box too" but got hit with the same right hand ALL NIGHT LONG. It wasn't coming from angles. There wasn't any variation. It wasn't coming behind a left jab or hook. Ponce De Leon looked like one of the most 1 handed fighters I've ever seen...but that hand kept landing. It's like letting a crackhead with one tooth bite you.

So ultimately, I guess I gotta go with Mayweather vs Guerrero. The Mares vs Ponce De Leon fight was more exciting and competitive but the gross tactical flaws and the early stoppage spoiled it for me. End of the day, I'll take a boxing exhibition over almost everything.

Love/Rosado was good but like Cshel said, for Love to be so big, he really doesn't have much punching power at that weight class.

Truly sig-worthy my friend...truly sig-worthy.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 7 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I enjoyed them all, I'll admit I was going kind of wild during the Mayweather fight, couldn't believe what I was watching, how easy May was handling that. I was also impressed by Mares in the De Leon fight. I was surprised by how Mares was handling Ponce De Leon, and De Leon was looking so one-dimensional. That too soon of a stoppage ruined it however.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 7 2013, 10:36 AM) *

i was actually impressed with PDL. he was throwing a check right hook in the beginning that was landing til mares dropped him. he also did very subtle things that made him harder to hit than usual. he was sitting on the back foot...and he was definitely timing that left hand perfectly. had he followed it with the right hook...he may have won that fight. mares could never box on the level of gamboa or broner and PDL went the distance with both. many thought he beat broner. mares did well by attacking in spots. i thought the stoppage was premature...but props to mares for pulling out the victory. i didn't score it...but i thought the fight was even around the time of the stoppage.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: May 7 2013, 02:29 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 09:11 AM