IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FLOYD and PAC, Is there a double standard??
Franchize
post May 9 2013, 01:45 PM
Post #41

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 9 2013, 01:45 PM) *
We talk about how Floyd will be remembered but how will Pacquiao be remembered? Marquez exposed him, Rios might crack his chin yet again. Yeah Pac is the supposed good guy but his skeletons have been uncovered. He will not be one of the greats. People will slowly realized that he was well matched. But forget that, how will history and boxing fans remember Pacquiao? How will you remember him?

I'll remember him as someone who was better than he got credit for when he wasn't as popular and not as good as he got credit for when he became a mega-star.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 9 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 8 2013, 09:36 PM) *
he does this all the time. talking shit is a double edged sword.

if he wants to claim he's the greatest of all time....then he leaves himself open to being compared to all-time greats...some of which happen to have been in his weight class...and have acheived greater feats.

had he took the pacquiao route...and been humble...then people would have been showering him with praise.

anyone remember mike tyson when he first burst onto the scene? he was very humble....and he never talked trash. the public ate that shit up and he became larger than life. cus died...then jim jacobs...and slowly but surely the real mike came out and he was a hood as it gets. by then...he had already captured the publics attention. does anyone think it's coincidence that his rise coincided with the decline of the networks televising boxing. his rise ushered in the ppv era.

on the flip side...let's look at another humble athlete who took the world by storm. michael jordan. didn't talk any blatant shit and instead...did so in very subtle ways. ask anyone who knows him personally and they'll tell u he was never the person portrayed in all those ads....but he got paid and the fans still love the man to this day.

Did you just call mj humble???? Lmao, sorry pro that couldn't be further from the truth.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 9 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #43

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 9 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Did you just call mj humble???? Lmao, sorry pro that couldn't be further from the truth.

Yea he's buggin for that one. Michael Jordan was one of the biggest trash talkers EVER. He talked trash, not only in basketball, but in everything else. He must not have heard the stories of him and Magic on the Dream Team.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 9 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #44

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 9 2013, 09:32 AM) *
marciano.. lmao.. picture him against Prime Foreman. Riddick Bowe..LMAO. he thought old Jersey Joe had him hurt LMAO... I hear Marciano had hellacious power though. If he came around at the time of Frazier, Ali, Foreman... no way in hell would he have been undefeated. I don't think he could have survived 7 rounds with Lennox Lewis, yet he was a different type of heavy.. back then not that big

That's what some of the old timers in the gyms told me, I really never appreciated those kind of stories until I decided to study the history of the sport and some of it's fighters later on. I was just young and liked fighting. They would tell me Marciano this and Joe Louis that but I would always say bet they can't do that shit to Tyson though lol

Foreman and even a retarded Riddick Bowe would give Marciano the business lol

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 9 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #45

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 9 2013, 03:41 PM) *
That's what some of the old timers in the gyms told me, I really never appreciated those kind of stories until I decided to study the history of the sport and some of it's fighters later on. I was just young and liked fighting. They would tell me Marciano this and Joe Louis that but I would always say bet they can't do that shit to Tyson though lol

Foreman and even a retarded Riddick Bowe would give Marciano the business lol

LMAO...in watching Marciano I have no doubts that he would have had problems with the likeS of BERT COOPER... and not to be funny, Bert Cooper who is on no one ATG list was one helluva competitor. In terms of marciano's lack of size a heavy like him would have given marciano problems in my view.. On the Pac and mauweather issue.. really, there has never been a question who was the better fighter. Floyd established himself at 18 and 19 years old. Pac has blown up to hennesy status rather recently in comparison. mayweather should fight Alvarez with rehydration and catch weight clauses., especially now that he is talking as if he is the ambassador of the sport having scraped by with a gift against trout

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 9 2013, 04:29 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 9 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #46

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 9 2013, 02:03 AM) *
I had a coming to America moment when you said Rocky Marciano (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

But I agree, some tend to discredit Marciano slightly but what was he supposed to do? He could only fight what was there for him at the time

right. so when u consider rocky marciano in the grand scheme of things...he is definitely the best of his era....but he isn't the best heavyweight of all time. this is the same situation with floyd.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 9 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 9 2013, 01:45 PM) *
We talk about how Floyd will be remembered but how will Pacquiao be remembered? Marquez exposed him, Rios might crack his chin yet again. Yeah Pac is the supposed good guy but his skeletons have been uncovered. He will not be one of the greats. People will slowly realized that he was well matched. But forget that, how will history and boxing fans remember Pacquiao? How will you remember him?

i never thought he was what they made him out to be. i was calling all this shit from the beginning.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 9 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 9 2013, 02:50 PM) *
Yea he's buggin for that one. Michael Jordan was one of the biggest trash talkers EVER. He talked trash, not only in basketball, but in everything else. He must not have heard the stories of him and Magic on the Dream Team.

i'm guessing that was some of the stories they told in l.a. and n.y to take away some of the shine he and the bulls had. we didn't get them stories in the chi...well at least not that i can recall. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 9 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 9 2013, 08:11 PM) *
i'm guessing that was some of the stories they told in l.a. and n.y to take away some of the shine he and the bulls had. we didn't get them stories in the chi...well at least not that i can recall. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I've met him. He's a Dick

There's been many other people to confirm this lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 10 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #50

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 9 2013, 07:07 PM) *
right. so when u consider rocky marciano in the grand scheme of things...he is definitely the best of his era....but he isn't the best heavyweight of all time. this is the same situation with floyd.

I agree with your opinion on Floyd and Maricano

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:27 PM