IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FLOYD and PAC, Is there a double standard??
neophyte7
post May 11 2013, 12:21 PM
Post #61

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2013, 01:10 PM) *
What's up with people suggesting that Floyd should request a rehydration clause for a Canelo fight?

Good question...Why not?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 11 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #62

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 11 2013, 01:21 PM) *
Good question...Why not?

You know that there's a double standard here, and as much as Floyd's hated, he's held to this higher standard.

It's okay for Manny to drain guys (De La Hoya excluded), but if Floyd does the same, then it's some type of cardinal sin. I'm not quite sure if Manny had any of his opponents sign a rehydration clause, so I wont speak on that.

Fact is, Floyd cant do the things that Manny does with scrutiny. If he's been fighting 154 lbers at their comfortable weight, then it should remain that way.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 11 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #63

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2013, 01:34 PM) *
You know that there's a double standard here, and as much as Floyd's hated, he's held to this higher standard.

It's okay for Manny to drain guys (De La Hoya excluded), but if Floyd does the same, then it's some type of cardinal sin. I'm not quite sure if Manny had any of his opponents sign a rehydration clause, so I wont speak on that.

Fact is, Floyd cant do the things that Manny does with scrutiny. If he's been fighting 154 lbers at their comfortable weight, then it should remain that way.

Clause or no Clause Floyd beats Canelo... If Floyd decides to try and create this sort of stipulation I think it is not a bad thing for the sport overall. I remember Gatti coming under scrutiny for rehydrating and giving Joey Gamache permanent brain damage.. he was 20 pounds heavier than Gamache... it gives an unfair advantage. Same day weigh ins... rehydration clause... nothing wrong with them at all

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 11 2013, 12:43 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 11 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #64

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 11 2013, 01:42 PM) *
Ok.. If Floyd decides to try and create this sort of stipulation I think it is not a bad thing. I remember Gatti coming under scrutiny for rehydrating and giving Joey Gamache permanent brain damage.. he was 20 pounds heavier than Gamache... it gives an unfair advantage. Same day weigh ins... rehydration clause... nothing wrong with them at all

I dont see it as a bad thing either, but again, we have to look at the person doing it. If any other fighter did it, it would be okay. If Floyd did it, then casual fans would get all up in arms about it.

I remember them making a big deal about Gatti rehydrating 20 lbs for some fight, but I never knew why. Again, if Floyd catches hell for requesting random drug testing to protect himself, then he'd catch the same crap for requesting a rehydration clause. We all know this. Lol

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 11 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #65

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2013, 01:45 PM) *
I dont see it as a bad thing either, but again, we have to look at the person doing it. If any other fighter did it, it would be okay. If Floyd did it, then casual fans would get all up in arms about it.

I remember them making a big deal about Gatti rehydrating 20 lbs for some fight, but I never knew why. Again, if Floyd catches hell for requesting random drug testing to protect himself, then he'd catch the same crap for requesting a rehydration clause. We all know this. Lol

Where is all the backlash that you are talking about? I don't see much at all. I think it's all in your head man. The ironic thing is that it's the other way around. People on this board ripped Manny for fighting at CW's and now those seem people seem to be demanding Floyd fight Canelo at a CW. I have no problem with Floyd wanting a clause or a CW and I have no problem with Canelo saying no. I don't think 154 is an unreasonable weight for Mayweather to fight at as that was the weight where he met both Oscar and Cotto. And like the poster above me said, Canelo looks tired and at times sloppy b/c he has to break himself down to get to 154. That will obviously benefit the Mayweather we saw with fresh legs against RG.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 11 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #66

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 11 2013, 01:41 PM) *
Where is all the backlash that you are talking about? I don't see much at all. I think it's all in your head man. The ironic thing is that it's the other way around. People on this board ripped Manny for fighting at CW's and now those seem people seem to be demanding Floyd fight Canelo at a CW. I have no problem with Floyd wanting a clause or a CW and I have no problem with Canelo saying no. I don't think 154 is an unreasonable weight for Mayweather to fight at as that was the weight where he met both Oscar and Cotto. And like the poster above me said, Canelo looks tired and at times sloppy b/c he has to break himself down to get to 154. That will obviously benefit the Mayweather we saw with fresh legs against RG.

The point of this thread is that MP was allowed to get a CW fight (many in fact) without anyone making a big deal about it but just like you're doing (screaming about it) I, personally see no big deal in it. Canelo re-hydrates to 170 on fight night and while you're claiming that Floyd fought twice at 154 the fact of the matter is that he never made it up that high at all and then on those particular fight nights came in at or around the WW limit.

Is it fair that Floyd has been asked to do more but Manny is given a pass and have people screaming out how the "little guy" (Pac) beat up these bigger guys?? Why can't Floyd fight Canelo at a CW of 151 when we know he'll rehydrate to over 165 come fight night??

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 11 2013, 09:50 PM
Post #67

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 11 2013, 02:41 PM) *

Man just shut up, seriously.

You're by far the worst poster around "this board". It's almost like you're trying to compete to see who can be the worst poster, but little do you know, you're all alone.

Just let it go man, and stop responding to my posts. I just don't have the patience anymore. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 11 2013, 11:56 PM
Post #68

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 11 2013, 09:53 AM) *
Canelo's irational thinking you speak of is a sign of mental weakness. I would have more respect for him if he came of humble and saying he is willing to do anything to get a fight with and beat the best fighter in the world... He is 22 for God's sake and has not beaten anyone of note.. (Trout was a draw at best) and Mosley was like an old sturdy of piece of steel in a junk yard.. Canelo trying to come off like he can dictate to Floyd reflects a certain mental weakness in evading reality. He is still somewhat Greene and can be taken into deep waters and DROWNED for sure by someone as cagey as FLOYD due his stamina issues. He seems to have that "fatty gene" Hopkins spoke of prior to facing Delahoya and actually prophesying that fatty gene being his ultimate undoing by shots to the liver. I would love to see how Sr and Floyd go about breaking Canelo down with jabs and straight rights to the body... softening up that pudgy looking core and setting him up for a stoppage. Canelo fought a great deal in retreat against Trout who pressed the action landing shots but nothing that could hurt Canelo. It was the body work that Trout was able to do that forced Canelo into a defensive mode and Floyd proves each time out that he his an underrated but damned good body puncher. Floyd doesn't get credit in this department, but he has a great way of getting at the opposition's body. Canelo better pump his breaks. In September he gets his ass kicked. If the fight is made later toward Mayweather getting out of the sport he will not lose as emphatically or dramatically. A loss in September, even being stopped will not hurt his career at all

I also believe he is still very green, Canelo is going to have to put on the performance of his life to beat Mayweather and I don't see it in him. His stamina is a big problem, he improved defensively in the Trout fight but I still believe he gets hit with shots that he shouldn't get hit with and he doesn't commit to fighting 3mins of every round. He's a part time fighter in there. Trout was getting to him and I actually had Trout winning that fight by a point. Lopez was tagging him at times, hell, even Cintron was getting him

I don't know who puts these bugs in Canelo's ear but he thinks he's bigger then he actually is. To me his biggest bargaining chip is that he's the best opponent for Mayweather at the moment

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 12 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #69

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 12 2013, 12:56 AM) *
I also believe he is still very green, Canelo is going to have to put on the performance of his life to beat Mayweather and I don't see it in him. His stamina is a big problem, he improved defensively in the Trout fight but I still believe he gets hit with shots that he shouldn't get hit with and he doesn't commit to fighting 3mins of every round. He's a part time fighter in there. Trout was getting to him and I actually had Trout winning that fight by a point. Lopez was tagging him at times, hell, even Cintron was getting him

I don't know who puts these bugs in Canelo's ear but he thinks he's bigger then he actually is. To me his biggest bargaining chip is that he's the best opponent for Mayweather at the moment

Totally agree. Dude oozed confidence in the Trout fight...it's like the thought of him getting hit, didn't even cross his mind.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 12 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #70

Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 12 2013, 12:56 AM) *

Yeap and Floyd has other options that can be in the makings with more seasoned and tested opponents. I would not mind seeing Bradely Mayweather... Floyd could do a million PPV with Bradley

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2013, 06:42 PM) *
Totally agree. Dude oozed confidence in the Trout fight...it's like the thought of him getting hit, didn't even cross his mind.

Trout has no power and does too much arm punching. Good chin and stamina though but he needs to make more of his shots hard... He had Canelo going in the way he wanted yet he was not landing anything with bad intentions.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:27 PM