IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> whispers are that Floyd vs Guerrero did less than 1 mil in ppv buys, ppv #'s from may 5th (Post Closed-Circuit Figures Too)
mgrover
post May 7 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

If I wanted I could pay 10 a month for box nation and I get all ppvs with that Lol

When he fought Ortiz the same thing happened that supposedly it didn't break a million PPVs and look at what happened there. Plus it's only the first fight with showtime give it another fight or two

This post has been edited by mgrover: May 7 2013, 05:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post May 7 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 7 2013, 06:30 PM) *
If I wanted I could pay 10 a month for box nation and I get all ppvs with that Lol

When he fought Ortiz the same thing happened that supposedly it didn't break a million PPVs and look at what happened there. Plus it's only the first fight with showtime give it another fight or two

It doesn't matter that its the first on Showtime. Showtime promoted this fight more than HBO would have.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 7 2013, 06:30 PM) *

that's a great deal.

i just went to a local pub and watched it on a massive screen while i sipped on a pint of ale....all while being served by some very good looking waitresses. oh...the hot wings were bomb too.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 7 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #14

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

This was Showtime's first time at the big rodeo if it didn't crack a million they will go back to the drawing board and do better. Floyd put on a masterpiece so he lived up to his end of the bargain. He even has a new attitude so if anything his next fight will do twice as good. No one expected a 5 year younger version of Mayweather. Even that uncle tom bitch ass Michael Wilbon who hates Mayweather was amazed at his performance. I think it will crack a million plus. Hell even BET showed 30 days in May. I think it did well.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 7 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2013, 03:55 PM) *
canelo definitely would have given a significant bump to the ppv numbers. there's no denying that. mares isn't as known as canelo.

Which is a whole nother bad issue by itself

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 7 2013, 07:49 PM) *
This was Showtime's first time at the big rodeo if it didn't crack a million they will go back to the drawing board and do better. Floyd put on a masterpiece so he lived up to his end of the bargain. He even has a new attitude so if anything his next fight will do twice as good. No one expected a 5 year younger version of Mayweather. Even that uncle tom bitch ass Michael Wilbon who hates Mayweather was amazed at his performance. I think it will crack a million plus. Hell even BET showed 30 days in May. I think it did well.

i think i may be alone in thinking this is a good thing for boxing.

maybe they lower the price of ppv's?

maybe they do away with them totally?

ppv is not good for boxing.

bring boxing back to network tv where it belongs. to be honest....floyd vs anyone from 140-147 is not ppv worthy.

floyd vs canelo, martinez or ggg is ppv worthy.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: May 7 2013, 07:10 PM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 7 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2013, 08:09 PM) *

bring boxing back to network tv where it belongs. to be honest....floyd vs anyone from 140-147 is not ppv worthy.

I completely agree with you. You wont be able to convince Floyd's Michael Jackson fan base. They're cool with Mayweather/Alexander at $70. If he does 700k PPV's with sub par opponents, then he's probably cool with that too. It becomes Mayweather and a series of semi-serious exhibitions.

This post has been edited by The Original MrFactor: May 7 2013, 07:18 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 7 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I still don't get all this ggg talk, he has yet to fight anyone at all.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 7 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #19

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2013, 05:09 PM) *

Those are unrealistic match ups and GGG as well as Sergio are still unknown to the casual fan. If you break away from PPV that means you have to find a way to make up for that lost money. I think PPV is bullshit because it cost way to much and you may or may not get a good value on what you paid for. It is 50/50. I think you are spot on.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 7 2013, 08:17 PM) *
I completely agree with you. You wont be able to convince Floyd's Michael Jackson fan base. They're cool with Mayweather/Alexander at $70. If he does 700k PPV's with sub par opponents, then he's probably cool with that too. It becomes Mayweather and a series of semi-serious exhibitions.

basically. i can't see anyone from 140-147 that will give floyd any troubles. i think he beats canelo easily at this point. i felt differently before floyd sr came back. the floyd we saw in the 3 fights prior to guerrero was ready for the taking. this new and improved floyd looks 10 yrs younger.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:48 PM