IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> whispers are that Floyd vs Guerrero did less than 1 mil in ppv buys, ppv #'s from may 5th (Post Closed-Circuit Figures Too)
daprofessor
post May 9 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #51

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2013, 10:54 PM) *
While you're fuckin' around...George Michael is my dude! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

One of my favorite cuts...

that was a cut though. i can't front. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 9 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #52

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 9 2013, 12:18 PM) *
Dude that is my song! I played that to my ex stripper girlfriend, such great memories. I like Freedom and I Want Your Sex.

freedom was my shit too!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 9 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #53

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 9 2013, 01:13 PM) *
If GGG cleans out what's infront of him, people will be looking for him to move up, and then Mayweather definitely won't fight him. But unfortunately he is not yet a PPV attraction and I don't think he will be. I mean we all remember how Hopkins beat DLH and didn't become a big attraction, neither did Mosley

if ggg can unify in the next 2 yrs...a fight with ward will be on the horizon and will be huge if both remain undefeated.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 9 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #54

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 10 2013, 12:57 AM) *
if ggg can unify in the next 2 yrs...a fight with ward will be on the horizon and will be huge if both remain undefeated.

That's the thing, there going to keep moving up, Ward can probably make it to Cruiserweight, a dead division but soon he'll move up to light heavy after a rematch with either Kessler or Froch. How far can GGG really keep moving up? He's not the biggest of middleweights as it is.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 9 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #55

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 9 2013, 07:59 PM) *
That's the thing, there going to keep moving up, Ward can probably make it to Cruiserweight, a dead division but soon he'll move up to light heavy after a rematch with either Kessler or Froch. How far can GGG really keep moving up? He's not the biggest of middleweights as it is.

he's already said he's willing to fight at 168 and his ppl also called out bhop after he beat cloud.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 9 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 9 2013, 12:18 PM) *
Dude that is my song! I played that to my ex stripper girlfriend, such great memories. I like Freedom and I Want Your Sex.

not big on remakes...but they did this one justice.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 9 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #57

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 10 2013, 01:01 AM) *
he's already said he's willing to fight at 168 and his ppl also called out bhop after he beat cloud.

Bhop said he wanted it so we'll see

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 10 2013, 12:16 AM
Post #58

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Schaefer claims the PPV numbers will be out today and that they probably will be a mili

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post May 10 2013, 12:54 AM
Post #59

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

For Floyd, it doesn't really matter. He'll make his $30 + million base + % of PPV revenue (and other revenue streams) that is going to give him anywhere from $50 million to $70 million per fight, regardless of opponent.

For Showtime though, heads are going to roll.

I'm going to turn into a corporate tool for a few moments here:

With Pacquiao's devastating KO loss. the entire boxing "market" was shaken up, in a bad way, as far as overall valuation is concerned. The idea that Pacquiao was a mythical figure who would supposedly knock the loud-mouthed, cocky black man called Mayweather was enough to draw in a sea of "casuals".

These "casuals", reviled as they are by hardcore boxing fans, are critical for pushing PPV buys past the 750,000 and 1 million buy rates. It simply doesn't happen without them, especially in the era of livestreaming practically anything.

The deal that was given to Floyd was based off a boxing "market valuation" that assumed that nothing would change post Pacquiao KO loss to Marquez. This was a horrific mistake from an analysis standpoint.

Yes, it's possible that Pacquiao will go on a string of KO victories, but his sheen of invincibility has been removed. Ergo, the genuine hope that people had that this was the guy who could beat Mayweather is largely gone.

With that, it's back to the days of sub 1 million PPV buys for all but a few PPV fights.

Floyd Mayweather alone cannot sell a PPV fight. He needs a dance partner who is of a different race and has a style that is crowd-friendly. Floyd isn't a knockout artist. He's not someone who inspires fear. He's a skilled technician.

What also doesn't help is his new, lower key persona. People don't want to watch this version of Floyd where he's essentially caught the Holy Ghost.

People need to hate him to buy PPV's that he is on. They want to see him coon and wild out. They want to see him flashing the bling, going to strip clubs, being loud and brash and being every single caricature or stereotype that is out there as far as black men go. That's what feeds the hate and that's what ultimately fuels PPV buys.

But Floyd won't do that, and neither does he have to. So with the exception of Canelo, expect PPV buy figures that are much lower than what we've seen historically. It's the new reality.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 10 2013, 06:58 AM
Post #60

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ May 10 2013, 06:54 AM) *
For Floyd, it doesn't really matter. He'll make his $30 + million base + % of PPV revenue (and other revenue streams) that is going to give him anywhere from $50 million to $70 million per fight, regardless of opponent.

For Showtime though, heads are going to roll.

I'm going to turn into a corporate tool for a few moments here:

With Pacquiao's devastating KO loss. the entire boxing "market" was shaken up, in a bad way, as far as overall valuation is concerned. The idea that Pacquiao was a mythical figure who would supposedly knock the loud-mouthed, cocky black man called Mayweather was enough to draw in a sea of "casuals".

These "casuals", reviled as they are by hardcore boxing fans, are critical for pushing PPV buys past the 750,000 and 1 million buy rates. It simply doesn't happen without them, especially in the era of livestreaming practically anything.

The deal that was given to Floyd was based off a boxing "market valuation" that assumed that nothing would change post Pacquiao KO loss to Marquez. This was a horrific mistake from an analysis standpoint.

Yes, it's possible that Pacquiao will go on a string of KO victories, but his sheen of invincibility has been removed. Ergo, the genuine hope that people had that this was the guy who could beat Mayweather is largely gone.

With that, it's back to the days of sub 1 million PPV buys for all but a few PPV fights.

Floyd Mayweather alone cannot sell a PPV fight. He needs a dance partner who is of a different race and has a style that is crowd-friendly. Floyd isn't a knockout artist. He's not someone who inspires fear. He's a skilled technician.

What also doesn't help is his new, lower key persona. People don't want to watch this version of Floyd where he's essentially caught the Holy Ghost.

People need to hate him to buy PPV's that he is on. They want to see him coon and wild out. They want to see him flashing the bling, going to strip clubs, being loud and brash and being every single caricature or stereotype that is out there as far as black men go. That's what feeds the hate and that's what ultimately fuels PPV buys.

But Floyd won't do that, and neither does he have to. So with the exception of Canelo, expect PPV buy figures that are much lower than what we've seen historically. It's the new reality.

this more or less says defines the current situation to a T

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 01:55 AM