IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> whispers are that Floyd vs Guerrero did less than 1 mil in ppv buys, ppv #'s from may 5th (Post Closed-Circuit Figures Too)
scdrking2
post May 10 2013, 09:45 AM
Post #71

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,802

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 10 2013, 08:44 AM) *
I don't think he necessarily will be "coming in big". He's a big dude. He really shouldn't even be fighting at 154. I think if you let a guy who's probably best at 165-170, rehydrate to whatever he wants, you're asking to take on a lot of wear and tear in that fight.

I know Canelo is still young and has strong recouperative abilities, but the drying out and rehydrating process will take something out of him versus him only gaining a few pounds on fight night. He only fights in spurts against guys who are not as athletic and defensive as Floyd. Trout has good movement, but sans being in Tejas, if he would have thrown a bit more he would have won that fight. I know many thought he may have won anyway, but it was close and could have went either way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 10 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #72

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ May 10 2013, 09:22 AM) *
I am now of the thinking that if Floyd wants to fight Canelo, dont add the hydration clause. Canelo has stamina issues and we now see that Floyd still has great reflexes and legs. Canelo will probably think coming in as big as possible is his advantage. After he has to chase Floyd for a few rounds blown up as big as possible, Floyd can work his ass from rounds 5-12.

Yeap.. I am sure Sr would craft a strategy right behind what you describe. Based on what I saw last week from Floyd Canelo could get whipped up worse than Guerrero...he is a conventional style fighter... easier for Floyd

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 10 2013, 02:43 PM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Well we know that he did do over a million buys but after reading some comments on other message boards; the numbers are a lie and the full spin is in.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 10 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #74

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

"those numbers better be right!!! i'm anticipating my check from the ppv sales!!!" said no one on this board or any other ever... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 10 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #75

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Ticket sales came in at 9.9 mill gross. So it wasn't a sell out

+Quote Post
betii
post May 10 2013, 11:08 PM
Post #76

Amateur

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 269

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 10 2013, 06:47 PM) *
Ticket sales came in at 9.9 mill gross. So it wasn't a sell out

Not for nothing, but Showtime/CBS removed a giant section of seating in order to create a VIP area for network execs....that might have had a little something to do with the numbers.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 11 2013, 04:43 AM
Post #77

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (betii @ May 10 2013, 11:08 PM) *
Not for nothing, but Showtime/CBS removed a giant section of seating in order to create a VIP area for network execs....that might have had a little something to do with the numbers.

I highly doubt that had anything to do with it. The attendance didn't even crack 16 thousand, and many people were complaining leading up to the fight how it had ZERO buzz. Guerrero did NOT connect with the people the way GB and Team Mayweather thought he would

I looked around the arena and kept saying to myself that it would fill up and it really never did, plus you have to factor in those dreaded re-sellers. Aint nobody in they right mind going to pay $250 for seats way up in the MGM to see Guerrero fight. I got my tix the moment they came out and that's how I always do, those re-seller dealers will bleed you dry

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 12 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #78

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I knew there was somewhat of a shortcoming as far as Guerrero's popularity when Floyd didn't get booed. Floyd even said, on an interview in NYC, that while he sees Guerrero as a more than worthy opponent, he was basically carrying the sales himself because Guerrero isn't a household name. Floyd almost always gets a shit load of boos. He really couldn't play the villain role this time because nobody saw Guerrero as a real hero.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 13 2013, 01:33 AM
Post #79

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Showtime head Steve Espinoza says the fight will do "plus or minus" one million buys. Official figures to be announced in the next few weeks:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/boxing/mayw...iJXSofRCljuJ8oJ

Source: New York Post.

Jack

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:19 PM