Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Larry Merchant and Oscar De La Hoya
Dolimite
post May 8 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Larry Merchant recently twitted that the only persons that could beat Mayweather are: Canelo and Broner!
Here is what pisses me off about this, it is not so much about Mayweather but the credit that people are so ready to give to boxers that have not really proved anything. These guys are new to the game (professionally) and all of the sudden they are kings of the sport? This is why I hate punditry. Canelo just beat his first 154 pound fighter in 5 years!
One win gets you to the top of the fight game. As far as Broner, WTF? He has speed and he is skilled but he is not discipline. he likes the lifestyle a little more than t he game right now. I think Broner's IQ in the ring is not even close to being Floyd's. Merchant, who I never liked. needs to shut the fuck up!

Oscar needs to stop being butt hurt. He thinks every up and comer will beat Floyd. I hate haters. Just promote and not sound like a jealous bitch. He did the same when he was promoting the Judah and Garcia fight. I am glad Zab called him on his shit. Be fucking professionals and stop being emotional!

This thread is not so much about Mayweather but more about certain pundits hyping up these news fighters when they have not really accomplished anything, why hype up someone before they really made their mark in boxing. Let them progress and see what they are made of. You have to earn your stripes in the boxing world. Look at the Charlo twins, I think they have more potential than any young talent out there. They will be good, but Haymon is pulling them along slowly. I don't want these fighters being shooting stars, I want them to be a supernova, lasting for awhile and earning it rather being great in the media and average in the ring. Let remember Canelo just fought someone in his weigh class and his match with Trout was hotly contested. Many felt he lost. Broner has been fighting bullshit competition but yet the pundits feel they can give the top fighter in the game trouble? Let these guys grow versus ruining them before they even begin their career.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mgrover
post May 10 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Oscar is clearly trying to relive his career through his stable, first Ortiz, then Canelo etc etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:17 AM