Reply to this topicStart new topic
> miguel cotto..., new trainer/canelo fight
daprofessor
post May 9 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

rumor has it that cotto will be training with freddie roach. he's asking for 10 mil to face canelo. he deserves it....but neither guy is with al haymon so i doubt they get any where near that. oscar/gbp runs things like arum. all of his money comes from boxing...so he's going to tax his fighters the same way the bob father does....heavily. i've already read articles from the shills shooting cotto's request down.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 9 2013, 09:35 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 9 2013, 09:29 PM) *
rumor has it that cotto will be training with freddie roach. he's asking for 10 mil to face canelo. he deserves it....but neither guy is with al haymon so i doubt they get any where near that. oscar/gbp runs things like arum. all of his money comes from boxing...so he's going to tax his fighters the same way the bob father does....heavily. i've already read articles from the shills shooting cotto's request down.

I for one do not believe that MC needs a new Trainer, the one he has now is just fine, hopefully of all the Trainers he can go out and get that he will not take on FR (Personally I don't believe he's a great as they make believe he is).

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 9 2013, 09:52 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Freddie was good but he is sick and getting worse. Miguel doesn't need a new trainer. His current one was pretty damn good. A Canelo-Cotto fight is VERY interesting. It will be entertaining and important at the same time. I would love to see this fight in the fall and I would pay top PPV dollar to watch it. I think Cotto could win. Canelo is a better matchup for Cotto than Trout was. I ultimately see Canelo chopping Cotto down between rounds 8-11 for a TKO.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 9 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 9 2013, 10:35 PM) *
I for one do not believe that MC needs a new Trainer, the one he has now is just fine, hopefully of all the Trainers he can go out and get that he will not take on FR (Personally I don't believe he's a great as they make believe he is).

I thought cottos trainer was very good, he gave him really good game plans and I saw him give cotto his confidence back.

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 9 2013, 10:52 PM) *
Freddie was good but he is sick and getting worse. Miguel doesn't need a new trainer. His current one was pretty damn good. A Canelo-Cotto fight is VERY interesting. It will be entertaining and important at the same time. I would love to see this fight in the fall and I would pay top PPV dollar to watch it. I think Cotto could win. Canelo is a better matchup for Cotto than Trout was. I ultimately see Canelo chopping Cotto down between rounds 8-11 for a TKO.

I agree with you about the trainer and the ppv part. I would pay for it, the only thing I don't agree with is the part about cotto being a good match up for canelo. I think the opposite, canelo is a way better match up for cotto than trout. This could be a very good fight if Cottos face and stamina holds up.

This post has been edited by checkleft: May 9 2013, 10:39 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 9 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Oh and as far as promotion goes cotto is a free agent, he promotes himself he's in the drivers seat for his pay check. As long as he stays out of Texas and cali he's good

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 9 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

I said Canelo is a good match for Cotto. I think Cotto can win that fight, but I still would predict a Canelo stoppage.

I think this would be the best fight out there for Canelo. I don't see the Mayweather fight ever happening. Canelo can fight 1 or 2 more fights at 154 and then possibly move up to 160 and face guys like Martinez or other 160 pounders.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 10 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 10 2013, 12:51 AM) *
I said Canelo is a good match for Cotto. I think Cotto can win that fight, but I still would predict a Canelo stoppage.

I think this would be the best fight out there for Canelo. I don't see the Mayweather fight ever happening. Canelo can fight 1 or 2 more fights at 154 and then possibly move up to 160 and face guys like Martinez or other 160 pounders.

Well either way I concur. With your prediction as well, unless cotto can put on a performance like he did against Mosley I see him getting stopped.

Alvarez might be at too big a length disadvantage at 160 but he's definitely big enough. Him and martinez match up well though size wise though.

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post May 10 2013, 12:16 AM
Post #8

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Easy win for Canelo. Cotto's best days are far behind him. He didn't have what it takes to beat Trout and he definitely doesn't have what it takes to beat Canelo. Easy work.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 10 2013, 02:17 AM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Cotto be whoring himself out to much, every time you see him he got a new trainer

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 10 2013, 06:50 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Bad move on Cottos part, Roaches fighters all rely on some basic physical fundamentals and that's about it, speed, power, endurance and hopefully if they want to last a good chin. Any of his fighters that actually have a ring IQ is something they've developed themselves rather than Roach teaching it to them

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 08:38 PM