daprofessor
post May 10 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 10 2013, 11:15 AM) *
Nice move Cotto!

First, you look GOOD losing to Mayweather, which gave you a breath of fresh air in the boxing world...no harm, no foul there.

THEN, whoever in the fuck handles your business decisions, made the worse move ever, by making the Trout fight. You lose to an unknown Trout, who went on to stink up the joint against poo poo Canelo...so you're no longer completely in the driver's seat.

NOW, you're entertaining the idea of training with Roach, who's becoming perpetually shitty nowadays. He's not the worse trainer in the world, but damn.

There we have it guys, Cotto's not done because of his losses in the ring, but he's slowly withering away because of whack business decisions. The prognosis is out there.

He's not making the best decisions nowadays, especially for somebody who's a free agent with a NAME. Thanks for proving that not all fighters can handle themselves as a free agent...just go back to Bob please. (Trust me, I took no pleasure in that last line)

ouch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

yeah...he's definitely proving not everyone can handle free agency.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 10 2013, 03:43 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 10 2013, 04:38 PM) *
I believe he paid him around that much for mayweather.

oscar was the promoter of the event...but it was floyd that paid him...not oscar. watch what i'm saying...no way cotto gets more than 1.5-3 mil for this.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 10 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 10 2013, 04:38 PM) *
You know what a whore is don't you?....every time Cotto loses he goes to a new trainer, he lost to Margarito and had that spat with his uncle, and went to Manny Steward, then he left Steward and went to Diaz, now he's making a switch possibly to Roach. C'mon you smarter then that, he's a boxing whore

that makes no sense. he pays them for their services...so how is he whoring himself to trainers? now if he kept switching promoters...who basically ho out the fighters...then that would apply.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 10 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #24

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 10 2013, 11:15 AM)

just go back to Bob please. (Trust me, I took no pleasure in that last line)

LMAO... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 10 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 10 2013, 04:43 PM) *
oscar was the promoter of the event...but it was floyd that paid him...not oscar. watch what i'm saying...no way cotto gets more than 1.5-3 mil for this.

I watched. So what your telling me is Floyd bought his own purse bid for 40 mill, paid himself 32 out of the 40 he waisted and out of the kindness of his heart paid cotto 8 after he already spent his purse buying the bid? And all the while gbp who promoted the event is doing....?

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post May 10 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #26

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 10 2013, 05:43 PM) *
I watched. So what your telling me is Floyd bought his own purse bid for 40 mill, paid himself 32 out of the 40 he waisted and out of the kindness of his heart paid cotto 8 after he already spent his purse buying the bid? And all the while gbp who promoted the event is doing....?

It is my understanding the GP acts as a sort of subcontractor to Mayweather Promotions (TMT). They are paid a flat fee to carry out certain tasks. Floyd has consistently made comments that his opponents work for him and he is the one who pays them.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 10 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 10 2013, 06:43 PM) *

golden boy was the promoter by default because floyd doesn't really have a promoters license. he piggy backs golden boy. floyds team put up the money for the event...and they collect most of it. yes...he paid cotto, not golden boy. if cotto's check did come from golden boy i'm sure it was only a formality. so the money went from mayweather>goldenboy>cotto. cotto was deserving of that 10 mil...and i'm sure part of his bargaining chip was that he had top rank and pac on the other side trying sell him their fight. with no bob arum involved...cotto got all the money. floyd is out the picture on a canelo/cotto fight and the shills are already hard at work. i've seen the articles about cotto not being a ppv fighter...blah,blah,blah...trying to discredit him. it's so blatantly obvious. fuckin hacks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) if he gets anything more than 3 mil i will be shocked! i don't know for sure...but i don't think cotto is a registered promoter either...so he used gbp to help him with his event at msg against trout. so in that instance....i'm sure he or his ppl put up their money and he in essence paid trout. cotto may have collected a hefty sum in that situation. unfortunately...he loss. if he wants to make that kind of money again...he's going to have to find a fighter with a big enough name who isn't tied to a big time promoter that he can dictate terms to. he can't do that to canelo when he has golden boy behind him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 10 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ May 10 2013, 07:00 PM) *
It is my understanding the GP acts as a sort of subcontractor to Mayweather Promotions (TMT). They are paid a flat fee to carry out certain tasks. Floyd has consistently made comments that his opponents work for him and he is the one who pays them.

this.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 11 2013, 04:36 AM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 10 2013, 03:46 PM) *
that makes no sense. he pays them for their services...so how is he whoring himself to trainers? now if he kept switching promoters...who basically ho out the fighters...then that would apply.

It makes no sense to you because you lack understanding in this situation. He's a puerto rican version of Chad Dawson. Now I dare you to dispute that shit. Both of them switch trainers, when the L's pile up they pointing fingers and switch trainers

And I didn't say ho I said whore, your equating this to pimp shit, I thought you were from the Chi (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...get it right

Cotto got brutally beaten by Margarito and how long did he stay with Evangelista after that? He just went left field on Manny Steward and went to Pedro, now he;s thinking about going with Freddie. Whores sleep around my dude..wake up lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 11 2013, 04:38 AM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ May 10 2013, 06:00 PM) *

Truth.com

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 03:35 PM