> miguel cotto..., new trainer/canelo fight
daprofessor
post May 13 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 11 2013, 05:36 AM) *
It makes no sense to you because you lack understanding in this situation. He's a puerto rican version of Chad Dawson. Now I dare you to dispute that shit. Both of them switch trainers, when the L's pile up they pointing fingers and switch trainers

And I didn't say ho I said whore, your equating this to pimp shit, I thought you were from the Chi (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...get it right

Cotto got brutally beaten by Margarito and how long did he stay with Evangelista after that? He just went left field on Manny Steward and went to Pedro, now he;s thinking about going with Freddie. Whores sleep around my dude..wake up lol

now that u put it that way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i been gone from the chi for a while now. 2 yrs since the last time i visited. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) i thought 'ho is short for whore?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 13 2013, 11:31 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 13 2013, 07:04 PM) *
now that u put it that way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i been gone from the chi for a while now. 2 yrs since the last time i visited. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) i thought 'ho is short for whore?

I got to take you to 63rd, the pimps over there have quotables for days lol

I think Cotto will be alright, but I think he is making a mistake this time by leaving Pedro. Diaz did some good things in his time training Miguel, but Cotto also benefited from the late great Emmanuel Steward improving his balance

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 14 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #33

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I just think Cotto isn't willing, at this point in his career, to put in the strength and conditioning work Pedro Diaz requires of him. It's one thing to be in shape. It's another thing to be a gym rat and push your body to the limit like Marquez and Floyd. I think Cotto just wants a normal training camp focusing on Boxing. He's well within his rights to do so, and it may benefit his fight style, but you can't deny he was in phenomenal shape vs Floyd.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 14 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 14 2013, 05:44 PM) *
I just think Cotto isn't willing, at this point in his career, to put in the strength and conditioning work Pedro Diaz requires of him. It's one thing to be in shape. It's another thing to be a gym rat and push your body to the limit like Marquez and Floyd. I think Cotto just wants a normal training camp focusing on Boxing. He's well within his rights to do so, and it may benefit his fight style, but you can't deny he was in phenomenal shape vs Floyd.

But was he?? He seemed to gas down the stretch, maybe it's just me. No you can't blame him to focus on Boxing but when he does lose because of it, Margarito I, then am sure you can blame him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 14 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 14 2013, 12:31 AM) *
I got to take you to 63rd, the pimps over there have quotables for days lol

I think Cotto will be alright, but I think he is making a mistake this time by leaving Pedro. Diaz did some good things in his time training Miguel, but Cotto also benefited from the late great Emmanuel Steward improving his balance

i grew up in englewood near 59th...my neighbor was a pimp from back in the day...big frank. dude drove nothing but lincolns. that was his trade mark. he had some bad ho's too! he used to drive his lincoln through the neighborhood backwards so he wouldn't rack up miles on them. i thought that was the coolest shit when i was a kid. smh.

i think diaz undid what manny fixed with cotto's balance. diaz had him fighting on the front foot. steward had him sitting down more. the more i see diaz...and what he produces...i'm realizing he's good at pushing guys and getting them in shape...but when it comes to the mechanics and what i call the geometry of fighting....he misses a lot of important things.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 14 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 14 2013, 01:35 PM) *
But was he?? He seemed to gas down the stretch, maybe it's just me. No you can't blame him to focus on Boxing but when he does lose because of it, Margarito I, then am sure you can blame him.

i thought he gassed too. it's mental. cotto is just not comfortable with 12 round fights.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 14 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #37

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I thought Cotto last way longer than I expected him to in the Mayweather fight. Cotto strikes me as a guy who gets fat between fight now. I don't think, with Pedro, he can afford to do that. Our opinions of Pedro aside, I don't see how getting Freddy Roach for a potential fight with Canelo would help him at all. Do we all agree on that?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 14 2013, 11:32 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2013, 02:13 PM) *
i grew up in englewood near 59th...my neighbor was a pimp from back in the day...big frank. dude drove nothing but lincolns. that was his trade mark. he had some bad ho's too! he used to drive his lincoln through the neighborhood backwards so he wouldn't rack up miles on them. i thought that was the coolest shit when i was a kid. smh.

i think diaz undid what manny fixed with cotto's balance. diaz had him fighting on the front foot. steward had him sitting down more. the more i see diaz...and what he produces...i'm realizing he's good at pushing guys and getting them in shape...but when it comes to the mechanics and what i call the geometry of fighting....he misses a lot of important things.

I like Diaz, I think he enhanced somewhat on what Steward taught Miguel, I'm sure in time we'll get the reason for the split between the two

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 14 2013, 11:35 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 14 2013, 10:25 PM) *
I thought Cotto last way longer than I expected him to in the Mayweather fight. Cotto strikes me as a guy who gets fat between fight now. I don't think, with Pedro, he can afford to do that. Our opinions of Pedro aside, I don't see how getting Freddy Roach for a potential fight with Canelo would help him at all. Do we all agree on that?

Agreed. I could see him doing better with Garcia, he does a wonderful job with mikey

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 15 2013, 02:38 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 15 2013, 04:25 AM) *

Definitely, Cotto doesn't have the physical attributes for that and all that'll happen is he'll come forward and get his face ruined, I mean Cotto already knows how to cut off the ring and how to effectively be aggressive I just think he can't afford to fight at 154lb.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 01:51 AM