IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prediction Thread: Who is next for Mayweather?(Topics Merged), What Makes Sense? (Khan? Alvarez?, Cotto II?, Pacquiao?)
Cshel86
post May 10 2013, 09:40 AM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 9 2013, 11:01 PM) *
-I think Floyd should fight Canelo next. It is the biggest payday/biggest event out there for Mayweather.

Who is Canelo?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 10 2013, 09:45 AM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I'm not sure who he fights in September, if in fact he does fight in September. I know that he said he was coming back in September...I dont always lean towards what he says. Business is business, and these upcoming WW fights haven't played out yet.

Khan will more than likely fight Devon in December, Garcia is supposed to fight the winner of Peterson/Matthysse in September, but who knows. It's still up in the air at this point. Danny is having a hard time making 140, and I'm willing to bet my last dollar that he'll jump to 47 and take this fight if it's offered.

Most of these 140 lber are gonna be welterweights within a year, so let's not even start crying about Danny ducking anybody at 140. What about Kell Brook in the UK? I say that it's too early to call...maybe he announces his next fight in June.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post May 10 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #33

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

Shaefer said hes meeting with Haymon to make the fight with Canelo. He said it was his "highest priority." It only makes sense because that means Floyd wont have to carry a PPV by himself, and it gives Showtime more time to build up the 140lbers that plan on moving up.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 10 2013, 10:26 AM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 9 2013, 07:31 PM) *
malignaggi (if he beats broner) i might watch

When Paulie was mentioned for Floyd in 2009, I threw up. IF he beats Broner, then that's his big ticket to a Mayweather fight, and I WONT talk down on either guy for making this fight.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post May 10 2013, 11:10 AM
Post #35

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

Canelo...Floyd.beats him easily...
Garcia....Garcia loses by KO
Then maybe Khan....Khan gets KOd
Then PAC....Pac loses by TKO
Then Broner...UD..win and pass the torch.

Canelo is big...but does it really matter? Floyd beats the brakes off Canelo. He can hydrate to whatever...he has no advantage just cuz he's bigger...."this is Chess not checkers."

The big question is....who is out there that can give Floyd a run for his money? If Floyd fights Canelo in 6 mos...Floyd is going to look like his last fight. Canelo is not going to get what he needs to win in the next 6 mos. He gets whooped.

Garcia has no chance whatsoever. Garcia doesn't win if Floyd breaks both hands.

Khan is quick...but he's going to get caught jumping in and on the ground.he goes

Pac is the same as Marquez....too small...no reach...and not enough skill. Floyd fights in the pocket and bullies Manny

Broner can hang but gets outboxed.....

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post May 10 2013, 12:02 PM
Post #36

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

floyd vs canelo the fix is in thats suliman/oscars boy and future cash cow

i have a feeling it's going to be khan, say what you want about khan but the length, volume , no chin, and handspeed would make a entertaining fight. At this point who is really competition for floyd? No one so it's all about selling tickets and having entertaining fights at this point

+Quote Post
juanpa7550
post May 10 2013, 01:24 PM
Post #37

Amateur

Member No.: 13,578

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 9 2013, 02:33 AM) *
I'd be shocked if Canelo was his next opponent. Khan makes sense from a finacial standpoint but little else, if he was able to avenge one of those losses to either Lamont or Danny then I could see it

I would like to see Floyd vs Khan if khan beats Alexander

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 10 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ May 10 2013, 12:10 PM) *
Canelo...Floyd.beats him easily...
Garcia....Garcia loses by KO
Then maybe Khan....Khan gets KOd
Then PAC....Pac loses by TKO
Then Broner...UD..win and pass the torch.

Canelo is big...but does it really matter? Floyd beats the brakes off Canelo. He can hydrate to whatever...he has no advantage just cuz he's bigger...."this is Chess not checkers."

The big question is....who is out there that can give Floyd a run for his money? If Floyd fights Canelo in 6 mos...Floyd is going to look like his last fight. Canelo is not going to get what he needs to win in the next 6 mos. He gets whooped.

Garcia has no chance whatsoever. Garcia doesn't win if Floyd breaks both hands.

Khan is quick...but he's going to get caught jumping in and on the ground.he goes

Pac is the same as Marquez....too small...no reach...and not enough skill. Floyd fights in the pocket and bullies Manny

Broner can hang but gets outboxed.....

i agree floyd ko's khan and pac...but i think garcia goes the distance. he doesn't look like anything special...but he's doing a lot of things right.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 10 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #39

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think Canelo is the biggest threat to Floyd. Let's face it, he's fast, he hits hard, and he's WAY bigger than Floyd. That alone says it will be a tough fight. Add to that, he's improved skill wise over the years and he can take a punch so far.

I USED to think Khan could give Floyd problems. Not any more. As I said before, Floyd is like a master computer hacker and Khan's already given everyone his password.

I think Danny Garcia would get KO'd. He'd literally only had a puncher's chance. Unless he gets lucky with a wild hook, I can't see him doing anything tactful to beat Floyd.

I STILL would like to see Pacquiao and Floyd fight. I think Floyd would box him to a very lopsided decision. I honestly think it would be one of those fights, like with Marquez, where the corner might stop it.

AS far as Broner, I don't see that fight ever happening. I'm not even going to entertain the idea.

This post has been edited by Franchize: May 10 2013, 02:34 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 10 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 10 2013, 07:40 AM) *
Who is Canelo?

The guy who is suppose to beat everyone from 135-147. The next Oscar De La Hoya!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 04:04 AM