IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prediction Thread: Who is next for Mayweather?(Topics Merged), What Makes Sense? (Khan? Alvarez?, Cotto II?, Pacquiao?)
bnoles4life
post May 10 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #41

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 10 2013, 03:33 PM) *
I think Canelo is the biggest threat to Floyd. Let's face it, he's fast, he hits hard, and he's WAY bigger than Floyd. That alone says it will be a tough fight. Add to that, he's improved skill wise over the years and he can take a punch so far.

I USED to think Khan could give Floyd problems. Not any more. As I said before, Floyd is like a master computer hacker and Khan's already given everyone his password.

I think Danny Garcia would get KO'd. He'd literally only had a puncher's chance. Unless he gets lucky with a wild hook, I can't see him doing anything tactful to beat Floyd.

I STILL would like to see Pacquiao and Floyd fight. I think Floyd would box him to a very lopsided decision. I honestly think it would be one of those fights, like with Marquez, where the corner might stop it.

AS far as Broner, I don't see that fight ever happening. I'm not even going to entertain the idea.

Beautiful analogy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 10 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 10 2013, 11:24 AM) *
Shaefer said hes meeting with Haymon to make the fight with Canelo. He said it was his "highest priority." It only makes sense because that means Floyd wont have to carry a PPV by himself, and it gives Showtime more time to build up the 140lbers that plan on moving up.

this moment reminds me of when cotto beat mosley....and floyd beat hatton. it made all the sense in the world for floyd to fight cotto at that point. it was the perfect build up to that fight and it never happened. that was 2007.

fast forward to 2013...present day...

canelo fights on his own show separate from floyd and takes on a tough challenge in austin trout. whether you thought he won or loss is irrelevant. the overwhelming majority believe he won that fight and earned a shot at floyd.

don't fool yourselves. floyd is not fighting canelo next if ever. if floyd fights canelo next....where does he go from there? canelo is the biggest name out there for him. it makes no sense for him to fight canelo now.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 10 2013, 04:32 PM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Canelo - UD That weight advantage may lead to something. People talk about rehydration clauses, well when Pac supposedly used it, it was shunned, but now people call for it to make this fight?

Garcia - UD He may land clean, he may even KD Mayweather, but the amount of times Judah hit him well, we'll see. I'd be curious at what his dad would say to Mayweather or would be respectful?

Khan - maybe gets KOed but Mayweather will be defensive, so we'll see how he does, he doesn't over commit to punches like the people that catch Khan out, no swinging.

Pac - UD he'll clearly be careful because this fight will be who gets that left/right hand landed, so Mayweather won't over commit, but he doesn't really throw an overhand right, its a straight.

Broner - Gets hit to easily, UD Mayweather, hell he may even stop him depending how he takes a punch at 147lb.

Cotto - Maybe, but after Cotto not looking so great vs Trout I don't think so unless he gets some sort of decent win and soon. It'll be a one sided affair is Cotto joins Roach. If he sticks with his current coach I think he can do well again. UD

Alexander - Tactical as fuck and the crowd will boo, unless Floyd stops him or something. UD Floyd.

I mean Floyd seems to be constantly going for the KO, not like swinging but trying to set it up, but his hands seem to get in the way, anybody know if hes still shooting his hands up? I take it if hes feeling pain them thats a no.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 10 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 10 2013, 05:32 PM) *
Canelo - UD That weight advantage may lead to something. People talk about rehydration clauses, well when Pac supposedly used it, it was shunned, but now people call for it to make this fight?

Garcia - UD He may land clean, he may even KD Mayweather, but the amount of times Judah hit him well, we'll see. I'd be curious at what his dad would say to Mayweather or would be respectful?

Khan - maybe gets KOed but Mayweather will be defensive, so we'll see how he does, he doesn't over commit to punches like the people that catch Khan out, no swinging.

Pac - UD he'll clearly be careful because this fight will be who gets that left/right hand landed, so Mayweather won't over commit, but he doesn't really throw an overhand right, its a straight.

Broner - Gets hit to easily, UD Mayweather, hell he may even stop him depending how he takes a punch at 147lb.

Cotto - Maybe, but after Cotto not looking so great vs Trout I don't think so unless he gets some sort of decent win and soon. It'll be a one sided affair is Cotto joins Roach. If he sticks with his current coach I think he can do well again. UD

Alexander - Tactical as fuck and the crowd will boo, unless Floyd stops him or something. UD Floyd.

I mean Floyd seems to be constantly going for the KO, not like swinging but trying to set it up, but his hands seem to get in the way, anybody know if hes still shooting his hands up? I take it if hes feeling pain them thats a no.

He really does sometimes. I thought guerrero was done in the 8th, those straights to the body and shots upstairs had him backing up and he was not taking them well.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post May 10 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #45

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 10 2013, 02:33 PM) *
I think Canelo is the biggest threat to Floyd. Let's face it, he's fast, he hits hard, and he's WAY bigger than Floyd. That alone says it will be a tough fight. Add to that, he's improved skill wise over the years and he can take a punch so far.

quote]

I believe he is the biggest threat....yes...boxing...it only takes 1 punch but Canelo won't land it. Canelo gets tired too. Floyds defense will wear the young Canelo down....so will laser right hands and counter punches.....footwork...Canelo has gotten better...but there's nothing he can in 6 mos. to take it to "The Pinnacle".

This post has been edited by BigDDatHomey: May 10 2013, 06:45 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 10 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #46

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 10 2013, 04:32 PM) *

Sup?

You had UD for Canelo and UD for Garcia. Are you saying both beat Floyd by UD? Or Floyd beats them by UD? I only see Canelo as a possible threat because of the weight and the strong Mexican Latin American fan base that COULD cause a SD loss for Floyd on the cards if this is close. The WBC really is looking along with Golden Boy for the next Mexican star. The thing is Floyd may be too good to allow most of these rounds to be close anyway. Floyd's already the biggest cash cow in boxing today, so why ruin that?

Jack

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post May 10 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #47

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 10 2013, 07:16 PM) *
Sup?

You had UD for Canelo and UD for Garcia. Are you saying both beat Floyd by UD? Or Floyd beats them by UD? I only see Canelo as a possible threat because of the weight and the strong Mexican Latin American fan base that COULD cause a SD loss for Floyd on the cards if this is close. The WBC really is looking along with Golden Boy for the next Mexican star. The thing is Floyd may be too good to allow most of these rounds to be close anyway. Floyd's already the biggest cash cow in boxing today, so why ruin that?

Jack

Think he's saying Floyd wins by UD. I don't think any of it matters...a win for Floyd will be clear...plain as day. No SD loss, that Mayweather wins. The first 3 rds may be close...after that its over. I do agree though, out of all the.fighters...Canelo is the.biggest threat....but to me that's still an easy fight for Floyd.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 10 2013, 10:21 PM
Post #48

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 10 2013, 11:26 AM) *
When Paulie was mentioned for Floyd in 2009, I threw up. IF he beats Broner, then that's his big ticket to a Mayweather fight, and I WONT talk down on either guy for making this fight.

You have to be joking. Mayweather vs Paulie would be one giant joke. It would be so terrible that I almost want it to happen now. That is what I am pulling for if no Canelo. Give me Mayweather vs Malignaggi.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 10 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #49

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 10 2013, 11:21 PM) *
You have to be joking. Mayweather vs Paulie would be one giant joke. It would be so terrible that I almost want it to happen now. That is what I am pulling for if no Canelo. Give me Mayweather vs Malignaggi.

If this is your idea of a joke, then spare us all the agony.

Thanks

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 10 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #50

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 11 2013, 01:16 AM) *
Sup?

Jack

Oh there all for Floyd should of made that clear

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 03:56 AM