IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prediction Thread: Who is next for Mayweather?(Topics Merged), What Makes Sense? (Khan? Alvarez?, Cotto II?, Pacquiao?)
mrchitown
post May 12 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #61

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2013, 12:41 PM) *
This, I believe.

He will fight him down the line, besides, if Canelo is this big prize fight, then why are people rushing it? If he fights his biggest fight in September, then what? Well, it can go two ways...people wont care about his upcoming fights after Canelo, or they could very well care enough to make sure he cracks a million buys like he for the Guerrero fight.

With that in mind, fans cant complain if he decides to wait to fight him. Who would that actually be hurting? If my memory serves me correctly, that would mean that Floyd would be getting older and older, while Canelo would still be in his prime.

Hopefully that new stadium that they're building is a super-sized Bunny Ranch! They dont need any more stadiums and shit out there. Lol

If the fight takes place in September I'd be shocked but I won't complain as I really want to see how both deal with the other's strength and weaknesses.

But like you said, if they fight in September, what's next for Mayweather?? I'm sure there will be another opponent that's seen as a threat to him but who would be the one to challenge him and pull in the numbers?

They really don't but we both know it's all about the dollars out there lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 12 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #62

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

In my view,

Can't bring Malinaggi into the mix yet until he beats Broner. And I don't think he beats Broner. Malinaggi can't crack scrambled eggs, so all of this with Broner moving up, makes him look better than he probably is, at least we won't have to hear Lamply and see him with the pom-poms anymore.

Broner will win a close but UD over Malinaggi. The fight that really should be added to possibilities is Broner-Mayweather.

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 12 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #63

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I can't see either Broner or Malinaggi fighting Floyd. Broner is obsessed with Floyd and Malinaggi has all but said Floyd is the greatest fighter of our generation. He has a tremendous amount of respect for Floyd and in an interview with Elie Seckbach, he all but said I have no fucking chance vs Floyd.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 12 2013, 11:45 PM
Post #64

Cruiserweight

The Broner vs Mayweather stuff needs to stop. How many times does someone have to publicly say it's not going to happen before it gets through the fans heads? Broner has said he would never fight Floyd so many times yet people still bring it up. Let it go, it's not going to happen

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 12 2013, 11:46 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 12 2013, 04:58 PM) *
In my view,

Can't bring Malinaggi into the mix yet until he beats Broner. And I don't think he beats Broner. Malinaggi can't crack scrambled eggs, so all of this with Broner moving up, makes him look better than he probably is, at least we won't have to hear Lamply and see him with the pom-poms anymore.

Broner will win a close but UD over Malinaggi. The fight that really should be added to possibilities is Broner-Mayweather.

Jack

Damn that's cold (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post May 13 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #66

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

Looking at the rankings, I'd say Khan makes the most business sense, but I could see Garcia getting the nod. I wish we'd see Floyd try to win a MW belt. I'd love to see him fight Canelo next spring and then GGG or Martinez next fall for the MW title.

On a side note, would it even be possible for Andre Ward to get down to 160 for a superfight with Floyd?

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 15 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #67

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 13 2013, 01:45 AM) *
Looking at the rankings, I'd say Khan makes the most business sense, but I could see Garcia getting the nod. I wish we'd see Floyd try to win a MW belt. I'd love to see him fight Canelo next spring and then GGG or Martinez next fall for the MW title.

On a side note, would it even be possible for Andre Ward to get down to 160 for a superfight with Floyd?

I'd lose a lot of respect for Andre Ward if he did that. I'd lose even more respect for him if he lost.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 16 2013, 07:23 AM
Post #68

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 12 2013, 09:45 PM) *

Unlike other welter weights of the past, Floyd can not put on that much weight. He would be at a disadvantage. Let's be real,he is a skilled fighter no doubt but taking a punch from either of those guys is lights out for Floyd. This is ridiculous to even state. Martinez looked like shit in his last fight and I think age has caught up with him, his long lay off hurt him rather than helped him. By the way, the training he did in his hotel room is a testament on where his heart and head is at.

GGG? Fucking serious dude, come on now. Ward would be a punk for fighting a welter weight. Why not put Pascal on Chad Dawson on that list as well. He is a welter weight fighter and yes he fought at 154 true, but those fights were far between each other. Saul isn't a gifted fighter as people make him seem to be but he still is a BIG jr. middle weight weight fighter, let's be real. Canelo needs to fight Kirkland (who called him out), Lara, and a slew of other 154 fighters who have called him out. One fight at 154 and a very close decision does not make you king of the hill. Clear out your division first then talk shit.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post May 16 2013, 11:42 AM
Post #69

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 16 2013, 07:23 AM) *
Unlike other welter weights of the past, Floyd can not put on that much weight. He would be at a disadvantage. Let's be real,he is a skilled fighter no doubt but taking a punch from either of those guys is lights out for Floyd. This is ridiculous to even state. Martinez looked like shit in his last fight and I think age has caught up with him, his long lay off hurt him rather than helped him. By the way, the training he did in his hotel room is a testament on where his heart and head is at.

GGG? Fucking serious dude, come on now. Ward would be a punk for fighting a welter weight. Why not put Pascal on Chad Dawson on that list as well. He is a welter weight fighter and yes he fought at 154 true, but those fights were far between each other. Saul isn't a gifted fighter as people make him seem to be but he still is a BIG jr. middle weight weight fighter, let's be real. Canelo needs to fight Kirkland (who called him out), Lara, and a slew of other 154 fighters who have called him out. One fight at 154 and a very close decision does not make you king of the hill. Clear out your division first then talk shit.

I've been saying it for years now.

Clear out YOUR division then talk about other options

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 17 2013, 07:27 AM
Post #70

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

When Broner struggles with Malignaggi.. afterwards I hope he keeps his slave mentality nasty stripper coochie eating mouth shut---

This post has been edited by Cshel86: May 17 2013, 11:40 PM

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 08:20 AM