IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prediction Thread: Who is next for Mayweather?(Topics Merged), What Makes Sense? (Khan? Alvarez?, Cotto II?, Pacquiao?)
Hotsauce
post May 20 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #81

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (hitman @ May 19 2013, 07:23 PM) *
floyd should fight canelo in september. then matthysse/garcia winner in may. if cotto gets back on the winning track, you got cotto II next september. those fights would sell well.

u are 100% right. those fights would easily sell.

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: May 20 2013, 03:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SCIO
post May 20 2013, 04:01 PM
Post #82

Amateur

Member No.: 13,562

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 20 2013, 04:20 PM) *
u are 100% right. those fights would easily sell.

He's only got 5 fights left and none of the other options are as young or as marketable as Canelo. I think he should save the Alvarez fight for one of the very last. Not to mention he just got back to 47 and I think he just wants to stay there for a couple more fights. It's never a good thing to continuously go up and down in weight.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 20 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #83

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (SCIO @ May 20 2013, 05:01 PM) *
He's only got 5 fights left and none of the other options are as young or as marketable as Canelo. I think he should save the Alvarez fight for one of the very last. Not to mention he just got back to 47 and I think he just wants to stay there for a couple more fights. It's never a good thing to continuously go up and down in weight.

The problem is that there is no good alternative that Mayweather can fight. Danny Garcia? Devon Alexander? Amir Khan? Eh. Showtime is going to take a solid loss on any of those names if Mayweather's guarantee is the same as it was for RG. Floyd's next fight will probably do less for 3 reasons...

1. More competition in the fall. People will be watching college football and very important baseball come that Saturday in September.

2. Mayweather fought very recently. Floyd has been fighting once or so a year for a long period of time. After a year or so many people are looking for their Mayweather fix. They got it in May and they may not be willing to shell out another $70 for it.

3. Mayweather's last fight was so dominant that the casuals thought it was boring. If he goes in there against another guy people don't give him a chance of losing to, people will think twice before paying that $70.

We will never get the real PPV numbers, but I bet a PPV with Devon Alexander or Danny Garcia does about 750k-800k. That would be a major loss for Showtime if Floyd's PPV guarantee is the same as it was for the Ghost.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:46 PM