> the fabulous four, duran, leonard, hearns and hagler
daprofessor
post May 15 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 13 2013, 07:49 PM) *
gabriel gael garcia is playing duran and robert dinero is playing ray arcel. it's coming out.

got this wrong. apparently gabriel gael garcia isn't involved anymore...they have some guy named edgar ramirez playing duran.

and i noticed freddie brown isn't even a character in the movie. that's some bullshit right there. fucking hollywood. smh.

here's all the info....

hands of stone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 15 2013, 01:18 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 14 2013, 06:06 PM) *
it is a size comparison. not a fighter comparison. It shows you the ridiculousness of the fights he took

roberto duran- ht. 5'7 reach 66"

ray leonard- ht. 5'10 reach 74"

tommy hearns- ht. 6'1 reach 78"

marvin hagler- ht. 5'9 1/2" reach 75"

interesting.

duran beat leonard...2nd fight even though leonard gets major credit for it, i'm not convinced it was on the level because of comments i've heard from ray and angelo. the 3rd fight didn't even happen til '89. leonard admitted he couldn't beat duran on equal terms.

leonard beat hearns the first time....but i thought they robbed tommy in the rematch. leonard has admitted that he thought tommy won. 1st fight was the shit! i remember it like it was yesterday.

hagler beat hearns in what is and forever will be my all time favorite fight. he beat duran...and i thought he beat leonard. i thought he held back against both.

hearns beat duran by vicious ko. that was the best he ever looked....and the worst duran ever looked. great ko for tommy.

so duran is the only one to beat leonard...officially. leonard has questionable victories over duran, hearns and hagler. hagler had the most impressive victory over tommy. tommy had the most impressive victory over duran.

i guess an argument can be made for any of these guys really if u look at what they accomplished outside of their fights against each other. something i cannot take away from any of them....they all wanted to prove their greatness....and they all did imo. these guys were all cut from different clothes and fighters like them don't seem to exist these days.

+Quote Post
Genius
post May 17 2013, 04:01 AM
Post #33

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

QUOTE (sduck @ May 15 2013, 12:50 PM) *
Hagler was the best of the four, Leonard got gift decisions.

Gift decisions? Duran quit, he stopped Hearns and out boxed Hagler while being gone for years.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:28 AM