IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Sex Leading Up To A Fight: Myth or True?
Gambit808
post May 14 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

What is the true meaning behind a trainer telling his fighter to avoid knockin boots with his woman leading up to a fight? Does it effect a fighter mentally, physically, both or is it just a myth?

If I train after sex I don't feel like it effects my performance at the gym. More or less, I feel like I already got my cardio workout in, so let me go knock out this weight training lol. All serious note though, is there a scientific reason to this notion of "no sex leading up to a fight" or is Mickey full of shit?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 14 2013, 10:22 AM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Something to do with testosterone. I'm not sure exactly but i've always heard this too. I feel fine working out after smashing but a 10-12 round fight could be alil different.

With sex before the fight; I imagine it would like Mayweather against Cotto, feeling over trained or just not the usual compared to being loose and having all the energy you can to move all around the ring. But i want to know the real reason myself.

Funny quote i forgot who said it but it went something like "I'm pissed i cant' have sex before the fight. I get to take all my anger out on ****" they said it much better lol but i know some fighters do abide by this rule.

This post has been edited by Jovi: May 14 2013, 10:23 AM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 14 2013, 10:57 AM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

if i was a boxer, i would try it

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 14 2013, 11:10 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I'm not sure but this rule definitely applied to me when I played basketball. I know professional basketball players that feel the same way including Carmelo Anthony (and his wife is sexy as hell). I think it's the testosterone but I know for me...my legs didn't feel as lively.

This post has been edited by Franchize: May 14 2013, 11:11 AM

+Quote Post
Dlac
post May 14 2013, 12:13 PM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 12,761

when i played football my performance was actually better on the field if i didnt smash some caccoon the whole week

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 14 2013, 12:31 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

At a young age it doesn't actually matter at all, kinda because usually busting a nut (yeah I called it that lol) in any form actually raises testosterone levels. But if your young it wouldn't matter that much really, but if your older like 40ish, the improvement would be an obvious one compared to your levels before. Who knows maybe thats BHops secret. I think that was the general theory

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 14 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

The testosterone levels rise a lot during sex and especially orgasm...it takes a while for the body to recuperrate from any physical activity (what a surprise!). It's the same with lifting weights etc...you can boost the production naturally by eating some peanuts or fish oil, but it's no wonder. If testosterone is missing, you just won't be at your best...if you are a man..everything is connected to testosterone..muscle bulding, performance, strength, speed, adrenaline production...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 14 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

After I buss one, I see stars and stripes and lose the feeling in my legs for a good 5 mins...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 14 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

depends on the person...

if you're someone full of nervous energy that needs to calm down i'd say it's a good thing.

but if you're already someone who is laid back and needs to be fired up...i'd say avoid it.

i tested the theory when i used to fight...and i know guys who have done the same. in my situation, i'd avoid it because when i went at it...it was like a work out. i'd show up to spar and wonder why i was getting hit more than usual and why i couldn't rip off my blazing combinations. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

bottom line...everyone is different.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post May 14 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ May 14 2013, 01:25 AM) *
What is the true meaning behind a trainer telling his fighter to avoid knockin boots with his woman leading up to a fight? Does it effect a fighter mentally, physically, both or is it just a myth?

If I train after sex I don't feel like it effects my performance at the gym. More or less, I feel like I already got my cardio workout in, so let me go knock out this weight training lol. All serious note though, is there a scientific reason to this notion of "no sex leading up to a fight" or is Mickey full of shit?

Depends on how shortly or long after having sex. What sex does is drop one's testosterone levels, which can lead to less than optimal workouts. It usually takes about 24hrs for test to return its regular levels. Now, I wont' even get into the serotonin release from your brain that, well, you know, gives you that "itis" after you "buss"!!! LOL.

In short, there is definitely some "science" to the notion of abstaining from PRE-workout sex.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 02:19 PM