Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KOs that went too far...
pacco_diablo
post May 16 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #11

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,107

It didnt result in a KO but if you want to see two fighters give each other brain damage then Lamon Brewster vs Sergei Liakhovich is the fight to see. It's not often you see heavies blasting each other like bantom weights. To me, without a doubt, one of the more exciting fights in recent memory.

This post has been edited by pacco_diablo: May 16 2013, 01:29 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 16 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (thisneverworks @ May 15 2013, 10:17 PM) *
Gatti vs. Gamache. Any fight where the fighter that gets knocked out sues and his WIFE also sues for the pain and suffering of watching her man get knocked out has to take the cake.

listening to merchant and lampley go on about the 15lbs is ridiculous. that had nothing to do with weight and everything to do with lack of skill on gamache's part. i felt bad for him...but he didn't belong in the ring with gatti.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 16 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

The pac one was bad not because of the ko, even tho it was a nasty ko, but the scene around it was crazy.

Mike tyson had some very nasty ko's. Montiel comes to mind, he was still throwing punches when he was on the ground. I have no idea how he got up after that, there was another on fnf where the guy was still trying to fight with the ref after being ko'd. And Erik morales got it pretty nasty in the second Garcia fight

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 16 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 16 2013, 04:38 PM) *
The pac one was bad not because of the ko, even tho it was a nasty ko, but the scene around it was crazy.

Mike tyson had some very nasty ko's. Montiel comes to mind, he was still throwing punches when he was on the ground. I have no idea how he got up after that, there was another on fnf where the guy was still trying to fight with the ref after being ko'd. And Erik morales got it pretty nasty in the second Garcia fight

are you talking about pac/hatton?

that was bad because of the force rehydration limit they put hatton.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 16 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 16 2013, 03:38 PM) *

Montiel : That was one of the best left hooks I have ever seen if you mean that Donaire's KO of Fernando. I am still unsure how could he possibly stand up from that...major will! too bad he didn't even know he got up and where he is in the first place....what a left hoook !

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post May 16 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 15 2013, 03:42 PM) *
What are the worst KOs you have ever seen? I don't mean the most spectacular...but those that potentially caused a serious damage to the body....snapped necks, loose heads, twisted torsos...

I have two candidates....

Tommy Morrison vs Merciless Ray Mercer

David Tua vs John Ruiz

In case you need to refresh your memory...here is a 2 hour compilation..

"OOOOH! RIGHT HAND PUTS RAHMAN ON THE FLOOR RIGHT NEXT TO ME, RIGHT NEXT TO ME, RIGHT NEXT TO ME, RIGHT NEXT TO ME!" lol u gotta love Jim lampley and Larry merchant sound bites.

Most recent that I can recall are PAC vs. Hatton (although that was one shot and out) and Donaire vs Montiel. In the past, Foreman vs. Frazier 1 and Mercer vs. Morrison was pretty brutal

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 16 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 16 2013, 04:57 PM) *
are you talking about pac/hatton?

that was bad because of the force rehydration limit they put hatton.

no I was talking about pacs last fight. It seemed like no one knew what to do his wife was going crazy knocks got in a fight with a reporter buboy was everywhere, it was chaos.

How could I forget Ricky. That guy does not know how to take a ko/kd gracefully lol, the first kd in the mayweather fight was comedy too.

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 16 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Montiel : That was one of the best left hooks I have ever seen if you mean that Donaire's KO of Fernando. I am still unsure how could he possibly stand up from that...major will! too bad he didn't even know he got up and where he is in the first place....what a left hoook !

Yes that shit was a bomb! Literally dented his face, literally!!! Lol that man has sam cassell balls for getting up before the count after that

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 16 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 16 2013, 07:21 PM) *
no I was talking about pacs last fight. It seemed like no one knew what to do his wife was going crazy knocks got in a fight with a reporter buboy was everywhere, it was chaos.

How could I forget Ricky. That guy does not know how to take a ko/kd gracefully lol, the first kd in the mayweather fight was comedy too.

Yes that shit was a bomb! Literally dented his face, literally!!! Lol that man has sam cassell balls for getting up before the count after that

it's a hard thing to see someone close to you get ktfo. in manny's situation....there were quite a few ppl crying because they didn't believe that was possible. that's something that will stay with them....and buboy in particular being part of his team will harbor that nervous energy. it's not a good thing to have in camp. hopefully these guys will be watching him very carefully. it's rare when fighters come back from ko's like that. i know it's how he makes his living...but without good health...the money means nothing.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 08:53 PM