IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Peterson vs. Matthysse-SPOILERS, No New Spoilers, Public Streams, or Discussion of Mosley-Cano
Cshel86
post May 20 2013, 08:40 AM
Post #101

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 20 2013, 08:33 AM) *
Haymon not letting any paper get out of his line of sight, this we know for sure lol....Danny is in a tough spot because the safest fight for him at this point is a Mayweather bout and when I say safe I mean he's bought himself 6-9 months before getting KTFO by probably the best Jr Welter in the sport. He can take an L to Mayweather and then go back to the Lucas fight, that makes a lot of sense to me. I'd be totally surprised if he went right in there with Lucas on September 7th...aint that the day Tupac was shot in Vegas, hell no I aint fighting on no September 7th, it's going to be another death if that happens lol

Lamont was doing ok in the 1st but he didn't earn Lucas' respect. I feel to beat Matthyse you don't have to necessarily hit him hard. If I was fighting him, I'd give him movement and box him, you have to touch him then turn him so he can't get his power shots off. Punching power is good but you can frustrate a fighter just by hitting them and stunting their offense in the process. Now that's easier said then done but I feel if Lamont would've used discipline like you said then he could have took the fight on points...but that 2nd KD was vicious man, Lamont partially blocked it and the look in his eyes on the replay, you knew he wasn't there but he would've kept fighting until he couldn't get back up and I guess that's why we love to watch him fight. Him and Zab are supposedly fighting next and that would be a interesting fight for both

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

C'mon Chi, not the Tupac death date. If anything, Danny would much rather be shot that day, than to get clocked by Matthysse. Lol. In all honesty, Danny may just show us a few new wrinkles with his right hand, as he did in the Judah fight. Straight punches actually freeze Matthysse, and combinations do as well...if you have the balls to brace yourself for some reciprocation. Lol

You took the fuckin' words outta my mouth bro, you seriously did! We all wonder how Zab and Devon survived their fights with Lucas....they TURNED that motherfucker to no end. I give Zab and Devon full credit for what seems like a lost art nowadays...turning your opponent and rolling some of the punches.

The thing that pisses me off about guys fighting Matthysse, is that they dont wanna look like a bitch by boxing and moving. Instead, as soon as they get touched, they just lose all lane integrity and go for the gusto. To be perfectly honest, Ajose could very well have beaten Lucas, but the stupid fight that he chose to fight, played into his detriment.

I hope that they dont dick up the purse split for a Judah/Peterson fight, like they did the first time. Lol

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 20 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #102

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 19 2013, 05:53 PM) *
I think that he'll make money off of both of them as well. As you mentioned earlier, Danny doesn't seem all that interested in a Matthysse fight, and he may very well know something that we know at this point.

To me, I think Floyd fights Khan in December, if Khan has a decent fight before September. At this point, there are NO "safe" fights for Khan, so they need to make this fight happen FAST, before Khan gets KTFO by a no-hoper.

This would be the PERFECT time for Danny to jump at a Mayweather fight...what other chance does he have? Matthysse will be there, period.

I felt that Lamont would've eeked out a decision, but shit, dude didn't turn Matthysse enough....that's Alexander and Judah survived. I agree with your assessment about the fight, and its safe to say that Lamont has waaaay too much D.C. in him to fight a disciplined fight for 12 rounds. Lol

Shiiiit...I think Angel has to pick the lesser of two evils here. Either watch his son get boxed silly for 12 rounds in route to a BIG payday, or watch his in serious trouble against a dangerous fighter who stands to make his son less money.

Think about it, if Angel gives his son a chance to fight Matthysse, then he ruins ALL chances of his son landing a huge payday. At this point, Floyd is on salary with $32M per fight, so ANYBODY can land a big fight with him. Imagine how Berto felt when Ortiz outgunned and embarrassed him in route to a HUGE fight. Lol

I rebuke that! You hear me! Come on bro this is what happens when you go cold turkey with the bottle! You say crazy things like this. No one, I mean no real boxing fan would even want to see that masacure. The Pakistani people are already having a tough time. no!
Danny looked shook after he saw what Lucas did to Peterson. I wouldn't want him either. Judah pulled Danny into a fight and he showed a lot of cracks in his armor. Those wide punched would get him a quick ticket to sleepy lane land. He don't want that. And a Mayweather fight wouldn't be justified on any level. Mayweather would toy with this kid. Angel would have to really be careful, this kid would look worse than Guerrero but I guess it could happen. he may have an easier time selling Danny Garcia then Devon Alexander.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 20 2013, 05:33 AM) *
Haymon not letting any paper get out of his line of sight, this we know for sure lol....Danny is in a tough spot because the safest fight for him at this point is a Mayweather bout and when I say safe I mean he's bought himself 6-9 months before getting KTFO by probably the best Jr Welter in the sport. He can take an L to Mayweather and then go back to the Lucas fight, that makes a lot of sense to me. I'd be totally surprised if he went right in there with Lucas on September 7th...aint that the day Tupac was shot in Vegas, hell no I aint fighting on no September 7th, it's going to be another death if that happens lol

Lamont was doing ok in the 1st but he didn't earn Lucas' respect. I feel to beat Matthyse you don't have to necessarily hit him hard. If I was fighting him, I'd give him movement and box him, you have to touch him then turn him so he can't get his power shots off. Punching power is good but you can frustrate a fighter just by hitting them and stunting their offense in the process. Now that's easier said then done but I feel if Lamont would've used discipline like you said then he could have took the fight on points...but that 2nd KD was vicious man, Lamont partially blocked it and the look in his eyes on the replay, you knew he wasn't there but he would've kept fighting until he couldn't get back up and I guess that's why we love to watch him fight. Him and Zab are supposedly fighting next and that would be a interesting fight for both

Sad day man, sad day.

Lucas is the top dog right now at 140. Danny or his daddy doesn't want any. If he was smart he would jump 154 and fight Canelo. A PR and a Mexican fighting on Mexican Independence Day. A money maker. Cotto beats Canelo with ring experience.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 20 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #103

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 20 2013, 12:09 PM) *
I rebuke that! You hear me! Come on bro this is what happens when you go cold turkey with the bottle! You say crazy things like this. No one, I mean no real boxing fan would even want to see that masacure. The Pakistani people are already having a tough time. no!
Danny looked shook after he saw what Lucas did to Peterson. I wouldn't want him either. Judah pulled Danny into a fight and he showed a lot of cracks in his armor. Those wide punched would get him a quick ticket to sleepy lane land. He don't want that. And a Mayweather fight wouldn't be justified on any level. Mayweather would toy with this kid. Angel would have to really be careful, this kid would look worse than Guerrero but I guess it could happen. he may have an easier time selling Danny Garcia then Devon Alexander.

Khan is still the money man of the division, and his time is limited before he gets his clock cleaned again. It's better to go ahead and let him get his ass kicked for a nice payday and some PPV sells for Showtime.

I dont think Danny was afraid, it was just Showtime aiming the camera at him a million times. I mean his people were literally tapping him on the shoulder a few times to let him know that the camera was on him. I mean, how was he supposed to look after being beamed with the spotlight a few times.

Don't judge me and alcoholic tendencies. If anything, you should encourage me to drink more, so that I wont give you guys that off the wall prediction that I did for both of these fights. I was nowhere near sharp on Saturday night. Lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 20 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #104

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 20 2013, 08:53 AM) *
Khan is still the money man of the division, and his time is limited before he gets his clock cleaned again. It's better to go ahead and let him get his ass kicked for a nice payday and some PPV sells for Showtime.

I dont think Danny was afraid, it was just Showtime aiming the camera at him a million times. I mean his people were literally tapping him on the shoulder a few times to let him know that the camera was on him. I mean, how was he supposed to look after being beamed with the spotlight a few times.

Don't judge me and alcoholic tendencies. If anything, you should encourage me to drink more, so that I wont give you guys that off the wall prediction that I did for both of these fights. I was nowhere near sharp on Saturday night. Lol

Dude you want to see Khan get his ass beat? That glass jaw will not be taking any straight right hands. This fight is over in he 6th or 7th round. Come Cshels have a heart!

Bro drink more. Lots more!

Danny looked a little worried. He did. It was like "oh shit, I have to fight this guy." Lucas is the man right now at 140. Danny has been fighting bums, an old Morrales, Judah (not a bum but you know) on the other hand Lucas, yes he lost to Judah but that was highly disputed but still he did lose., Lucas has a nice resume and I honestly I can't wait to see when these two do fight. Maybe on Floyd's undercard!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 02:57 PM
Post #105

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ May 19 2013, 09:42 AM) *
For the last 2 years, I've called Lucas Matthysse "The Terminator".

Now you know why.

If the Danny Garcia match actually gets made, then this is the basic point in the fight:

Danny can't hurt Lucas.

Lucas can hurt Danny.

So if you put money on Danny Garcia, I'll smile and call you a brave man.

what makes you so sure? danny has respectable power.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #106

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 19 2013, 11:44 AM) *
You see, there's where I think Danny loses. I don't think Danny is THAT skillful of a boxer, at least NOT enough to mix it up on his terms and his terms only. I think, like LP, he's gonna overestimate his abilities to both take and deliver, while underestimating Matthysse's. That being said, I don't think very much of Danny as a boxer. He's good, but does NOTHING really special, left hook aside. Then again, he doesn't have to be "special", just has to be the "winner".

the way u say ppl were sleep on matthysse...i feel you're sleeping on danny. he does have plenty of boxing ability...it's not mayweather like or pretty...but he does very subtle things to avoid exchanges and he counters well. it would be very stupid of danny or angel to underestimate matthysse...especially after that performance. i seriously doubt they underestimate him. i like danny's chances going into this fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 03:05 PM
Post #107

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 19 2013, 05:14 PM) *
I think he beat Devon but I laugh every time somebody says he beat Zab. He started too late in the fight and the KD is what made it closer then what it really was...not pointing to you but I didn't hear too much rallying and outrage when he lost both of those fights, now that he's winning and doing it in quite impressive fashion, he was robbed blah blah blah. I think he got Devon but I've watched the fight he had with Zab a few times and there's nothing that one could say to make me believe he deserved to get the W

i thought he lost the fight to zab....but made it close with the knockdown. the alexander fight was bullshit and they allowed alexander to hold excessively. hometown gift.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 03:06 PM
Post #108

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 19 2013, 05:57 PM) *
Even when Peterson landed Lucas just kept coming with decent head movement

peterson has never really been a big puncher.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 20 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #109

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 19 2013, 05:14 PM) *
I think he beat Devon but I laugh every time somebody says he beat Zab. He started too late in the fight and the KD is what made it closer then what it really was...not pointing to you but I didn't hear too much rallying and outrage when he lost both of those fights, now that he's winning and doing it in quite impressive fashion, he was robbed blah blah blah. I think he got Devon but I've watched the fight he had with Zab a few times and there's nothing that one could say to make me believe he deserved to get the W

I agree with the fact that Lucas started late in the Zab fight. That was his pattern in route to horrible decisions...he starts slow in the first few rounds, he picks it up heavy in the mid rounds, give his opponent an opportunity to survive, then leaves the last few rounds up in the air.

I was pressed to say that he did it in the Alexander fight, but now that went back and watched it, they were going tit for tat most of the fight. I really need to go back and watch both fights because its been a while.

You can tell now that Matthysse steps on the gas early, and has NO intentions on making it to the final bell. One thing's for sure though, Alexander had to have the best chin when it comes to Matthysse fights, and I'd give Ajose the 2nd place trophy. Either it was his chin or that African blood in him, either way, he stuck around for a while.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 20 2013, 04:05 PM) *
i thought he lost the fight to zab....but made it close with the knockdown. the alexander fight was bullshit and they allowed alexander to hold excessively. hometown gift.

One thing I can say about Devon, is that he did the shit that no other fighter seems to be able to do against Matthysse nowadays...HOLD. We should at least give him that much credit. Lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 20 2013, 05:49 PM
Post #110

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 20 2013, 03:57 PM) *
what makes you so sure? danny has respectable power.

Danny has more than respectable power. I think, even tho matth has been in with some decent punchers, that both have never really been in with a guy that could legitimately hurt them. I think zab stunned Lucas, he also stunned Garcia, and morales in the first fight looked like he hurt Garcia a few times. But both of these guys will face their biggest puncher against each other.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:06 AM