IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Peterson vs. Matthysse-SPOILERS, No New Spoilers, Public Streams, or Discussion of Mosley-Cano
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #111

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 20 2013, 05:58 PM) *
I agree with the fact that Lucas started late in the Zab fight. That was his pattern in route to horrible decisions...he starts slow in the first few rounds, he picks it up heavy in the mid rounds, give his opponent an opportunity to survive, then leaves the last few rounds up in the air.

I was pressed to say that he did it in the Alexander fight, but now that went back and watched it, they were going tit for tat most of the fight. I really need to go back and watch both fights because its been a while.

You can tell now that Matthysse steps on the gas early, and has NO intentions on making it to the final bell. One thing's for sure though, Alexander had to have the best chin when it comes to Matthysse fights, and I'd give Ajose the 2nd place trophy. Either it was his chin or that African blood in him, either way, he stuck around for a while.

One thing I can say about Devon, is that he did the shit that no other fighter seems to be able to do against Matthysse nowadays...HOLD. We should at least give him that much credit. Lol

yes! holding worked for him. all that power doesn't mean shit if you can extinguish it by holding or smothering.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 06:53 PM
Post #112

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 20 2013, 06:49 PM) *
Danny has more than respectable power. I think, even tho matth has been in with some decent punchers, that both have never really been in with a guy that could legitimately hurt them. I think zab stunned Lucas, he also stunned Garcia, and morales in the first fight looked like he hurt Garcia a few times. But both of these guys will face their biggest puncher against each other.

exactly my point. everyone is making it like danny doesn't have an ice cubes chance in hell. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 20 2013, 11:10 PM
Post #113

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 20 2013, 07:53 PM) *
exactly my point. everyone is making it like danny doesn't have an ice cubes chance in hell. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He has more than a chance, this fights a toss up to me. And as lost have noticed I'm a huge matthysse fan, but Danny has this quiet talent about him, and I love his timing.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 20 2013, 11:43 PM
Post #114

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 20 2013, 08:40 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

C'mon Chi, not the Tupac death date. If anything, Danny would much rather be shot that day, than to get clocked by Matthysse. Lol. In all honesty, Danny may just show us a few new wrinkles with his right hand, as he did in the Judah fight. Straight punches actually freeze Matthysse, and combinations do as well...if you have the balls to brace yourself for some reciprocation. Lol

You took the fuckin' words outta my mouth bro, you seriously did! We all wonder how Zab and Devon survived their fights with Lucas....they TURNED that motherfucker to no end. I give Zab and Devon full credit for what seems like a lost art nowadays...turning your opponent and rolling some of the punches.

The thing that pisses me off about guys fighting Matthysse, is that they dont wanna look like a bitch by boxing and moving. Instead, as soon as they get touched, they just lose all lane integrity and go for the gusto. To be perfectly honest, Ajose could very well have beaten Lucas, but the stupid fight that he chose to fight, played into his detriment.

I hope that they dont dick up the purse split for a Judah/Peterson fight, like they did the first time. Lol

Sorry but I saw an opening and I took it lol...and Zab and Devon pretty much put out a blueprint to if not beat Lucas then to at least give yourself the chance to beat him. I'm not sold on Lucas as being some world beater like his dick sucking promoter Schaefer but he is a talent. Ajose and Lamont could've beaten him. Lamont just went back to the street stuff and it didn't work out for him...may be he's learned his lesson from deviating from the game plan

That Judah-Peterson split was horrible the first time around. I think it was something like $37,500 to Lamont and Judah was going to get like $13,000..obviously he said fuck that lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 20 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #115

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 20 2013, 11:09 AM) *
Sad day man, sad day.

Lucas is the top dog right now at 140. Danny or his daddy doesn't want any. If he was smart he would jump 154 and fight Canelo. A PR and a Mexican fighting on Mexican Independence Day. A money maker. Cotto beats Canelo with ring experience.

Indeed it was

I think Danny would be a fool to jump to JMW, Canelo would kill him....Danny's is sitting pretty because he has options. But whteher he takes one of those options which is Matthyse will be interesting

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 20 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #116

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 20 2013, 03:05 PM) *
i thought he lost the fight to zab....but made it close with the knockdown. the alexander fight was bullshit and they allowed alexander to hold excessively. hometown gift.

Definitely agree...not many were displaying this outcry of robbery until Matthysse started to steamroll his opponents. I'm not a bandwagon fan, he lost the fight to Zab and it wouldn't have been close if he hadn't of scored the KD. I think that fight was a turning point for Mathysse because since then he's looked nothing short of impressive. Devon did some good things against Matthysse but he clearly lost that fight. He ate some home cooking good that night Froch-Dirrel style lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 20 2013, 11:53 PM
Post #117

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 20 2013, 04:58 PM) *
I agree with the fact that Lucas started late in the Zab fight. That was his pattern in route to horrible decisions...he starts slow in the first few rounds, he picks it up heavy in the mid rounds, give his opponent an opportunity to survive, then leaves the last few rounds up in the air.

I was pressed to say that he did it in the Alexander fight, but now that went back and watched it, they were going tit for tat most of the fight. I really need to go back and watch both fights because its been a while.

You can tell now that Matthysse steps on the gas early, and has NO intentions on making it to the final bell. One thing's for sure though, Alexander had to have the best chin when it comes to Matthysse fights, and I'd give Ajose the 2nd place trophy. Either it was his chin or that African blood in him, either way, he stuck around for a while.

One thing I can say about Devon, is that he did the shit that no other fighter seems to be able to do against Matthysse nowadays...HOLD. We should at least give him that much credit. Lol

Devon was holding like it was the last dance at senior prom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Exactly he was a slow starter when he faced Judah and Devon but now he's letting his fists be the judges and it is paying dividends for him so far.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 21 2013, 01:09 AM
Post #118

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 21 2013, 12:53 AM) *
Devon was holding like it was the last dance at senior prom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Exactly he was a slow starter when he faced Judah and Devon but now he's letting his fists be the judges and it is paying dividends for him so far.

Maybe boxing has a thing against argentinians lol the exact same shit happened to martinez with p will and cintron, then the ko fest began

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 21 2013, 07:58 AM
Post #119

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 21 2013, 12:43 AM) *
Sorry but I saw an opening and I took it lol...and Zab and Devon pretty much put out a blueprint to if not beat Lucas then to at least give yourself the chance to beat him. I'm not sold on Lucas as being some world beater like his dick sucking promoter Schaefer but he is a talent. Ajose and Lamont could've beaten him. Lamont just went back to the street stuff and it didn't work out for him...may be he's learned his lesson from deviating from the game plan

That Judah-Peterson split was horrible the first time around. I think it was something like $37,500 to Lamont and Judah was going to get like $13,000..obviously he said fuck that lol

I dont see Lucas as a world beater either, but even his fans dont have him beating Mayweather or some of the top 147 lb fighters, so maybe they're giving him his proper credit until those fights materialize.

Lamont ALWAYS deviates from the game plan, but he was in with a big puncher that he couldn't withstand, and that's how we ended up with the results that we got on Saturday.

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but Schaefer has been on a roll lately. That was by far the gayest way that he's gone about promoting a fighter, but in his recent interviews over the past couple of weeks, he's been letting HBO, TR, the media, and other witless spectators HAVE IT. Dude has been on a roll!

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 21 2013, 12:53 AM) *

Didn't we all cherish that last dance at the senior prom??? We were holding on tight, in all hopes of knocking something down by the end of the night. Devon was holding on tight, in all hopes of not getting ktfo.

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 21 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #120

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 20 2013, 06:53 PM) *

People don't like Danny because he isn't flashy. They overlooking him. He's solid at what he does, and as long as he can box Matthysse, which isn't impossible, then he can pull it off.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:37 AM