IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lucas Matthysse: If/when he beats Danny Garcia?
neophyte7
post May 20 2013, 08:57 AM
Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 20 2013, 09:37 AM) *
WAY too far lol. I mean regardless of any opinions on the decisions, he's loss before vs guys who aren't great.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 20 2013, 11:41 AM
Post #22

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2013, 09:30 AM) *
??? GREAT. Judah beat him. Man.. amazing how a KO gets people all worked up. Anyone who beats him has to be great LMAO-- that is going a bit too far..

DONT EVEN FRONT!!! Devon was a gift. Judah put up a good fight at the beginning then was getting figured out and got knocked down. I wouldn't say Judah actually put a beating him but he did win the fight. If you put Judah or Alexander in the ring with Matthysse again who do you think would win...ill wait. Devon was after Judah and he's gotten better since then exponentially, he doesn't let the fight go to the judges anymore. He has a sense of urgency right when the bell for round 1 goes off. Very dangerous for any fighter.

He seemed kinda like the underdog for the fight against Peterson. Even though i thought he would win impressively people thought he would get beat by another close decision. Peterson could be someone who is considered GOOD or VERY GOOD in many's eyes.

Name me one person who is good but not elite that could actually put a beatdown on Matthysse and win DECISIVELY. Like Bernard Hopkins said, to beat Matthysse you need to be PERFECT. A Great BOXER with Excellent defense, foot movement to get around Matthysse, speed, accuracy, and just enough Power is going to be the only way you can beat. Excellent defense is the key. Matthysse is a great Brawler but Brain usually beat Brawn.

He got compared to Pacquiao but Matthysse knocks out Pacquiao clean. and its not just 1 KO. its the 32 KOs out of 34 Wins.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 20 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #23

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Jovi @ May 20 2013, 12:41 PM) *
DONT EVEN FRONT!!! Devon was a gift. Judah put up a good fight at the beginning then was getting figured out and got knocked down. I wouldn't say Judah actually put a beating him but he did win the fight. If you put Judah or Alexander in the ring with Matthysse again who do you think would win...ill wait. Devon was after Judah and he's gotten better since then exponentially, he doesn't let the fight go to the judges anymore. He has a sense of urgency right when the bell for round 1 goes off. Very dangerous for any fighter.

He seemed kinda like the underdog for the fight against Peterson. Even though i thought he would win impressively people thought he would get beat by another close decision. Peterson could be someone who is considered GOOD or VERY GOOD in many's eyes.

Name me one person who is good but not elite that could actually put a beatdown on Matthysse and win DECISIVELY. Like Bernard Hopkins said, to beat Matthysse you need to be PERFECT. A Great BOXER with Excellent defense, foot movement to get around Matthysse, speed, accuracy, and just enough Power is going to be the only way you can beat. Excellent defense is the key. Matthysse is a great Brawler but Brain usually beat Brawn.

He got compared to Pacquiao but Matthysse knocks out Pacquiao clean. and its not just 1 KO. its the 32 KOs out of 34 Wins.

BRO... I hear you. Matthysee is very formidable.. dangerous... but he has been beaten. he had a good night but LET ME PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE.. your mouth said, "you have to be great" to beat Matthysee... Now if you made a typo fine... It ws pointed out he has been beaten by guys not "great". Now your emphasis is on Hopkins saying you have to be perfect. A fighter who is not great can execute a "perfect" game plan. Peterson was devoid of power and he ran up in his ass.. He did not do that with a "not great" nor anywhere near "perfect" JUDAH and lost.

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 20 2013, 11:54 AM

+Quote Post
Thebruntje
post May 20 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #24

Amateur

Member No.: 13,529

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 20 2013, 07:18 AM) *
I think it merits that he deserves a shot at Floyd, I mean why not? Floyds true weight is 140 anyways. Lucas would have wins IMO Alexander, Judah, Chop Chop, Soto, Ajose, Peterson, and Garcia. His resume would be better than most opponents that Floyd has fought resume. Not only that but how he won is what matters too. A KO is the most definite clear win, next to a unaninmous decision. He beat down, dropped constantly, and stopped a very very durable, usually gives most fighters hell, and still good gatekeeper veteran in Corley. He lost two close decision/split losses that I believe he should have won.(Although Judah fight could've gone the other way too). And the list keeps piling up,his resume alone at that point and his performances in his wins is what gets him in line.

Floyd UD's him, Mayweather has a very underrated chin, almost parallel to Lucas' own underrated ability to box since its overshadowed by his power; as with Floyd doesn't get hit cleanly often on the chin but has shown to take some good punches.
It would be an interesting fight because Matthysse's power will be the wildcard and his ability to box. No way he outboxes Floyd but if he hits cleanly his power has the effect to change the entire fight. Mayweathers defense vs Matthysses offensive arsenal.

Well i think a guy like Matthysse is what Mayweather needed to complete his legacy! Matthysse will definitely destroy every single fighter at 140, so after taking care of Garcia he will probably have another fight and then move to 147 challenging Mayweather! People will not be able to criticise Mayweather because of Matthysse's resume and the fact that he is so heavy handed, the weight issue won't be present so negotiations should be easy ! Matthysse will be a perfect opponent to make Mayweather showcase his skills! Mayweather will have to work every single moment of every single round in a very tough fight but at the same time i see him putting a masterful performance thanks to matthysse overly agression !

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 20 2013, 01:39 PM
Post #25

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2013, 12:53 PM) *
BRO... I hear you. Matthysee is very formidable.. dangerous... but he has been beaten. he had a good night but LET ME PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE.. your mouth said, "you have to be great" to beat Matthysee... Now if you made a typo fine... It ws pointed out he has been beaten by guys not "great". Now your emphasis is on Hopkins saying you have to be perfect. A fighter who is not great can execute a "perfect" game plan. Peterson was devoid of power and he ran up in his ass.. He did not do that with a "not great" nor anywhere near "perfect" JUDAH and lost.

No doubt, it does come down to the game plan. I'm not speaking on past tense, Im speaking present tense. To beat Matthysse NOW, whoever is the man to do it will need to be great. I mean in training camp, mentally, and in the ring. The reason Judah won before was because Matthysse was fighting Judah's fight and actually tried boxing him, Judah got the quick hands so he made use of them.....But the KD is what throws me off for Judah, he may have won but Matthysse didn't seem like a beaten man, if they're were 3 rounds to the classic 15 rounds Judah may not have won. Matthysse has the ability to adjust. And he's improved! I wouldn't care much about Matthysse if he was the same fighter he was when he fought Judah because he wouldn't have shown improvement. Greatness is about growth. If someone came in with Judah tactics again they will probably end up on the floor like Peterson did.

I was just tryna say that Matthysse is game, i recognize the skills and i can see that he's improved and keeps getting better and probably most important asset is to adjust in the ring. And that for anyone at 135-147 is in danger of taking an L. I thought he was pretty good and he turned out to be better than i thought.

Mayweather is an obvious for who could beat him but the only question i have is what happens when he gets hits by Matthysse. Did you see the sparring footage with Sergio getting cracked on and getting backed down by Matthysse. Mayweather's clinching messes up some opponents but Matthysse would probably love it. Like i said before Matthysse can adjust, and with his new sense of urgency he's always thinking of how to end that fight as quickly as possible.

I cant stand when fighters aren't smart enough to adjust (Pacquiao, Martinez, Donaire, Trout, the list goes on). Those that do i sometimes favor them.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

don't get me wrong...i like matthysse. i've always thought he was a good fighter. i've been in the gym with him and one of my guys sparred him so i've seen what he's capable of up close.

he's not invincible the way the commentators were making him out to be. he's very beatable....very wide open. he just has not fought someone willing to step into the pocket to exploit his flaws who has the tools/balls to do so. i expect him and danny to put on a spectacular fight. i think it will be a toss up and i can't wait to see it.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: May 20 2013, 02:14 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 20 2013, 05:58 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 20 2013, 03:11 PM) *
don't get me wrong...i like matthysse. i've always thought he was a good fighter. i've been in the gym with him and one of my guys sparred him so i've seen what he's capable of up close.

he's not invincible the way the commentators were making him out to be. he's very beatable....very wide open. he just has not fought someone willing to step into the pocket to exploit his flaws who has the tools/balls to do so. i expect him and danny to put on a spectacular fight. i think it will be a toss up and i can't wait to see it.

I always knew there was a chance lamont would get caught cold early, it happens to him a lot. It usually takes him a while to get going. I liked his chances better if the fight went to deep waters

Yes the announcers were on his Dick. But I wouldn't say he's "Wide open". He has alright head movement and his punches are pretty straight. But he is open, and I think a lot of that has to do with his chin, its like he wants to eat the shot because he knows he can take it.

It would be interesting to see what that Crawford kid could do against matthysse, he looked very skilled and slick against Prescott.

This post has been edited by checkleft: May 20 2013, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 20 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Peterson isn't as good as people make out, who has he beaten? Khan? Lets forget about the steds, and the bullshit point deductions. Holt? Well he's been beaten to that. On his best day I doubt he could beat a lot of the 140lbers, but lets wait and see till he fights Judah lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 20 2013, 06:58 PM) *
I always knew there was a chance lamont would get caught cold early, it happens to him a lot. It usually takes him a while to get going. I liked his chances better if the fight went to deep waters

Yes the announcers were on his Dick. But I wouldn't say he's "Wide open". He has alright head movement and his punches are pretty straight. But he is open, and I think a lot of that has to do with his chin, its like he wants to eat the shot because he knows he can take it.

It would be interesting to see what that Crawford kid could do against matthysse, he looked very skilled and slick against Prescott.

matthysse's eagerness to land his big shots will do him in against the right guy....say like a marquez or someone not afraid to stand in the pocket and sharp shoot with in-coming fire. he does have subtle head movement...but he obviously has very heavy hands because these guys fear the in-coming so much they move and never really set their feet to land solid.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 20 2013, 07:29 PM) *
Peterson isn't as good as people make out, who has he beaten? Khan? Lets forget about the steds, and the bullshit point deductions. Holt? Well he's been beaten to that. On his best day I doubt he could beat a lot of the 140lbers, but lets wait and see till he fights Judah lol

he loss to bradley, fought even with ortiz, fought even with khan and beat a past it holt. he's solid...but not on the level of matthysse.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:12 PM