IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lucas Matthysse: If/when he beats Danny Garcia?
mgrover
post May 20 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 21 2013, 01:01 AM) *
he loss to bradley, fought even with ortiz, fought even with khan and beat a past it holt. he's solid...but not on the level of matthysse.

At times its hard to gauge how good people are if you remove that power. There aren't too many pure boxers knocking around to test him against Alexander sure but many think he should of lost
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

matthysse is saying he wants pacquiao, floyd and canelo.

i like his ambition. i give him a chance against pac and canelo. floyd beats him easily.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 21 2013, 12:07 AM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 20 2013, 07:39 PM) *
matthysse is saying he wants pacquiao, floyd and canelo.

i like his ambition. i give him a chance against pac and canelo. floyd beats him easily.

He's got balls of steel lol..He's an interesting fight for Floyd but his ring smarts is limited, Floyd by points. Pacquiao, if it was all even possible would be wise to not take this fight...IDK if he beats Canelo but anything can happen

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 21 2013, 01:12 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

This post has been edited by checkleft: May 21 2013, 01:14 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 21 2013, 01:19 AM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 20 2013, 07:29 PM) *
Peterson isn't as good as people make out, who has he beaten? Khan? Lets forget about the steds, and the bullshit point deductions. Holt? Well he's been beaten to that. On his best day I doubt he could beat a lot of the 140lbers, but lets wait and see till he fights Judah lol

Those are two of the big names on dannys resume so... are you trying to make a correlation? Lol
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 20 2013, 08:01 PM) *
he loss to bradley, fought even with ortiz, fought even with khan and beat a past it holt. he's solid...but not on the level of matthysse.

Same as above I don't think either guy has fought a fighter at each one of their levels.

Btw we need to petition to get ajose back on the mix with all these 140 pounders that guy was a warrior

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 21 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 21 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Those are two of the big names on dannys resume so... are you trying to make a correlation? Lol

Same as above I don't think either guy has fought a fighter at each one of their levels.

Btw we need to petition to get ajose back on the mix with all these 140 pounders that guy was a warrior

yes!!! that's who khan should have to beat to even join the discussion.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 21 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 21 2013, 07:19 AM) *

am trying to say that Peterson didn't really beat Khan, the stars aligned for him with the ref and what not and credit to the Holt fight, but he'd been beaten to him by Bradley and Garcia.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 21 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 21 2013, 01:48 PM) *
am trying to say that Peterson didn't really beat Khan, the stars aligned for him with the ref and what not and credit to the Holt fight, but he'd been beaten to him by Bradley and Garcia.

That's the thing with boxing, depending on who your talking to there can be an asterisk put on any win. You could say Lucas lost to the best fighter he's ever fought (albeit by hometown cooking) or that dannys biggest challenge so far was against a very old morales in the first fight (in which Danny was being taken to school until he went for broke and scored a knockdown).

Lamont earned a top spot at 140, was he great? No but he's a solid win for anybody that can beat him, let alone ko him in the fashion matth did.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:35 AM