Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Epilogue
Franchize
post May 20 2013, 08:34 AM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

This was talked about briefly in some other threads but what did you guys think about the Epilogue for Mayweather vs Guerrero? Personally, I really liked it. I think the thing Showtime was missing that HBO had was that gritty Face to Face with Max Kellerman. I have to admit, I miss that. That being said, I think the epilogue somewhat made up for it. I actually wish it was a little bit longer. I wish these behind the scenes show would focus more on the strategy and thinking process more, but I do understand that the other stuff sells more. I loved seeing the footage of the trainers comments during the fight as well as the families. I think Floyd's youngest daughter is going to be a little star (too cute).

I was dying laughing at how the older one was laughing when Guerrero got hit, then she said "yea....my Daddy is gonna get the worst beating of his life...OK (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) ." My only issue was how over the top Guerrero was with his religion. Look. I'm a God fearing man. I have NO issues with a man loving the Lord and wanting to share that. It just didn't seem genuine. It seemed very contrived and staged. After a while, it was like watching a TV pastor trying to get you to donate money. The other thing I find crazy is that he seemed to take credit for Floyd's apparent humility. However, where's his father when his "Praise Jesus" parade is going on. He always seems to be out of frame (pretty much the only time he is.) When his pops is on his profanity laced tirades, when he's disrespecting people, when he's trash talking and degrading people....where's the religion and humility?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 20 2013, 09:00 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Thanks for the thread sir!

I enjoyed the epilogue, as I do with many of them, but I agree...it should've been longer. I'm surprised that they crammed all of that up in 15 mins, pretty impressive.

Anyhow, Guerrero's whole group of supporters were just delusional...maybe it's the way they edited it. They were screaming that Floyd was holding and so on. Seriously though, just why in high hell did Robert's wife come out looking like that? Look like she just dipped her face in a big pile of makeup and called it a day.

Guerrero's son looks JUST LIKE HIM, now THAT was hilarious! He has a nice family overall, even his over-the-top dad who probably makes Robert commence to numerous face palms daily. Ruben is just Ruben, he helped build the fight, cant knock him for that.

Any yes, Robert's whole religious spill was just too much. It's almost like he used it to mask the embarrassment. Lol. Floyd's side was same old same old, nothing new there. Ms Jackson in those shorts though!!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 20 2013, 10:59 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 20 2013, 07:00 AM) *

I enjoyed the epilogue, as I do with many of them, but I agree...it should've been longer. I'm surprised that they crammed all of that up in 15 mins, pretty impressive.

Anyhow, Guerrero's whole group of supporters were just delusional...maybe it's the way they edited it. They were screaming that Floyd was holding and so on. Seriously though, just why in high hell did Robert's wife come out looking like that? Look like she just dipped her face in a big pile of makeup and called it a day.

Guerrero's son looks JUST LIKE HIM, now THAT was hilarious! He has a nice family overall, even his over-the-top dad who probably makes Robert commence to numerous face palms daily. Ruben is just Ruben, he helped build the fight, cant knock him for that.

Any yes, Robert's whole religious spill was just too much. It's almost like he used it to mask the embarrassment. Lol. Floyd's side was same old same old, nothing new there. Ms Jackson in those shorts though!!

Can we say screen saver!!!!

The epilogue was great. I enjoyed it. I thought his kids were great. When they prayed before the fight and said what about Guerrero's wife I thought that very nice and genuine. It was great to see Sr. and Guerrero Sr. hug after the fight. It was funny when Guerrero's wife said Floyd was holding and running like a bitch... she was mad.

When Robert was leaving the ring and saw Ms. Jackson and said God Bless you, that was weird but whatever. I think the part I liked most was when Robert Jr. asked his mom if Mayweather won and she was like yeah.

The most disturbing part was when Robert's pastor came in and said in two years he will be champion, wasn't this the same guy who said Mayweather was going to lose. Just stop! When Guerrero's corner kept yelling "what happen to going toe to toe" I was like really? Serious, that's all you can say? Wow.

Anyone miss 50 cents camera hogging ass? Naw me either....

It was good seeing Roger, his comment "if you can't hit Floyd with a jab, then you can't hit Floyd with shit" Good show!

Leonard Ellerbe's comment about making more money than Robert was great! I am a 7 figure man, I make more money than your son! CLASSIC!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 20 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 20 2013, 10:59 AM) *
Leonard Ellerbe's comment about making more money than Robert was great! I am a 7 figure man, I make more money than your son! CLASSIC!

That shit had me screamin', man.

"You gonna have to carry him out of that ring, buddy. Just remember what I told you"
"Did you forget to take your medicine?"

Loved that whole part. LE was putting in some work!

RG's wife almost made me cry. Seriously, that woman has been thorugh so much...when she talked about her story...that was deep. She genuinly dislikes that RG is a boxer. Shit it made HER cry just to talk about it.

Nothing against religious people - I myself am not, but the whole situation around RG did look a little bit over the top. It sounded like the Futurama robot sermon in the episode where Bender got hooked on electricity. Anyone?

RG's corner almost made me punch the screen. "What happened to the toe to toe?" "He just runs, runs...We don't like that type of boxing" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Good epilogue to a good fight!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 20 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 20 2013, 10:00 AM) *

I find it dope btw, that Ben from fighthype gets more footage than All Access lol.

I agree though. I think Robert was using the religion to cover up the fact that he got washed. His "moral victory" was that he somehow humbled Floyd. Apparently, it was "the Spirit of the Lord" but since when is Robert Guerrero the gatekeeper to said Spirit? I didn't know you had to go through Robert Guerrero to get the spirit of the Lord.

And those shorts.... Lawdamercy!

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post May 20 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Ya I love Floyds kids. "Fight night is crasy. I have to get my nails done. My hair done. Get all glamed up." Funny ass shit. Kids today crack me up. I was really impressed with All Access for this fight. People were hating on Common but I thought he was fine. Its the footage and the music. All that shit matters. The wackest part of the show was showing the Guerreros. Those boring as muthafuckas couldnt sell crack in a crack house.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 21 2013, 02:38 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 20 2013, 08:34 PM) *
Ya I love Floyds kids. "Fight night is crasy. I have to get my nails done. My hair done. Get all glamed up." Funny ass shit. Kids today crack me up. I was really impressed with All Access for this fight. People were hating on Common but I thought he was fine. Its the footage and the music. All that shit matters. The wackest part of the show was showing the Guerreros. Those boring as muthafuckas couldnt sell crack in a crack house.

Anybody hating on Com is a idiot. His voice-over's was a nice and refreshing edition for the All Access series, and it's funny because if an adult said what she said we'd be calling her a fuckin air head but when kids say it, it does seem to entertain lol...

Miss Jackson was the best part of the epilogue though, I mostly remember the shorts, I think the reason Robert said God bless you is because he was trying to clear his head of those impure thoughts he was having lol

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 21 2013, 08:01 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 21 2013, 02:38 AM) *
Miss Jackson was the best part of the epilogue though, I mostly remember the shorts, I think the reason Robert said God bless you is because he was trying to clear his head of those impure thoughts he was having lol

Or maybe he already jizzed in his pants when he saw her....."God Bless You.....unknowing victim"!
She always looks stunning!!! Dat dress!

Anyways...During the post fight interview in the ring and also in the locker room...Robert looked pissed. Dunno why, but he looked nervous and angry "But hey?" "But you know what?". To me it looked as if he had a really hard time not to punch the wall......and his father.

Also, how could he possibly say that Floyd was humbled (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Didn't know RG possesses such a talent to make people laugh....

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 21 2013, 08:06 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 21 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

honestly....the epilogue and the whole 360 thing is boring and i'm not feeling common on the commentary. throw in the fact that floyd has executive producer credits on this....and now this last fight...and all his future fights with showtime become suspect. he has access to training footage for his opponent. i know hind sight is 20/20...but i can't help but think that maybe they knew exactly what guerrero was training to do and adjusted their game plan accordingly. just saying..."we don't watch tape.." or "we haven't studied the tape yet" is about as believable as floyd telling robert he was going to fight him toe to toe.

if i'm a future floyd opponent....i kick the cameras out when it's time to work on anything remotely close to boxing. sure...they can watch me doing sit ups and running and all that shit....but if i'm throwing a single punch, get the cameras out!!!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 21 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 21 2013, 04:40 PM) *
honestly....the epilogue and the whole 360 thing is boring and i'm not feeling common on the commentary. throw in the fact that floyd has executive producer credits on this....and now this last fight...and all his future fights with showtime become suspect. he has access to training footage for his opponent. i know hind sight is 20/20...but i can't help but think that maybe they knew exactly what guerrero was training to do and adjusted their game plan accordingly. just saying..."we don't watch tape.." or "we haven't studied the tape yet" is about as believable as floyd telling robert he was going to fight him toe to toe.

if i'm a future floyd opponent....i kick the cameras out when it's time to work on anything remotely close to boxing. sure...they can watch me doing sit ups and running and all that shit....but if i'm throwing a single punch, get the cameras out!!!

Maaaan, why it's always Money? Can we start creating conspiracy theories about other fighters too? Come on, Professor!

Floyd and his team have been saying that they don't watch any tapes since the first 24/7...it's nothing new...Hell I even think Floyd talked about it in one of Smitty's videos after he fought Chop Chop...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 21 2013, 05:13 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:48 PM