> Who are the best Trainers in the Game?, Besides Da Professor
daprofessor
post May 28 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #51

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ May 28 2013, 02:04 PM) *
KC takes a lot of heat and even at times I have wondered if his guys would benefit from getting more seasoned training as they approach championship level, but he took a lot of those kids from less and nothing and further than no where. He has saved a lot of those kids and they love him for it and he loves them back. Sometimes that makes up for a lack of experience.

no doubt. what he is doing for them is bigger than boxing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 29 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #52

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ May 28 2013, 01:52 PM) *
And from local stories and observations, Cory Spinks did NOT follow directions well at all. In and out of the ring. He could have been really good. Tall, elusive lefty. Had a friend who is a bouncer at a pretty rowdy club here in St. Louis that was a regular hangout for Spinks and posse. Another who was exposed to his training camp after he left KC (or KC dumped him) and he spend no time on the heavy bag. Hence the lack of power.

It aint hard to get in contact with Cory, from what I hear is he spends too much time playing video games, I forgot what his game of choice is, I think it's one of them battlefield call of duty games and he's supposedly always on there. A fan called him out on this a while back...How he gon train for a fight when he in shooter's lobbies all night, he had no discipline

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 29 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #53

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Where would you rank Goosen? He seems to have a connection to his fighters as well.

Freddie Roach never has a plan B for his fighters and they only think of the offensive part of the game. I am not a big Freddie Roach fan but he has taken some B level fights and turned into house hold names.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 30 2013, 03:33 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 29 2013, 09:47 AM) *
Where would you rank Goosen? He seems to have a connection to his fighters as well.

Freddie Roach never has a plan B for his fighters and they only think of the offensive part of the game. I am not a big Freddie Roach fan but he has taken some B level fights and turned into house hold names.

goosen is an excellent trainer. he's up there with the best of them but from my understanding...he retired.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:21 PM