Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather vs Cotto 2?
Jovi
post May 21 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

I was thinking about how Mayweather rematched Castillo because people thought it was close....So even though the first fight was a clear decision, Mayweather also knows that wasn't his best performance. So knowing boxing politics and how $$ talks, would Mayweather/Cotto 2 be a good fight for Mayweather next? Mayweather is a revamped version and has turned the clocked back compared to looking worn from age. I remember during the first fight I was screaming at Mayweather for staying on the corner or not moving like he should've been. Last fight did decent numbers, and Cotto got rocked in the 12th round, in a rematch i think Mayweather picks him apart fast since he will know what to be prepared for. Its not like Cotto got dominated to the point where he doesn't want the rematch...(Marquez).

This post has been edited by Jovi: May 21 2013, 10:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post May 21 2013, 10:58 PM
Post #2

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Nobody wants to see this fight. We already know the end result. I'd rather see him fight Ortiz again. Lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 21 2013, 11:03 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/92998...-sept-28-return

Not happening bro. Cotto is fighting on another day and in another state and city. What makes this interesting is that Canelo does not have the fight he was setting up for unless he moves his date which is not likely, plus he ain't fighting in New York. Canelo still isn't a house hold name no matter what his fans tell you. Floyd maybe holding the cards. He can either ask one of the 140 hot shots to move up or he can pick from 147 to 154. It would be up to him. Canelo can't afford to fight jr, welter weights anymore or washed up fighters. He could face Ortiz or Guerrero but it is squarely up to him. he should give Kirkland or Lara a shot. We shall see. This Cotto move just made September even more interesting.

+Quote Post
Plah
post May 21 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #4

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Only if Cotto beats Canelo (highly unlikely).

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post May 21 2013, 11:30 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

No rematch. I can say if Cotto beat Trout when they fought and Canelo on 4/20 MAYBE, but why rematch Cotto at this point?

Cotto needs to worry about not falling off the map with whom ever he fights next. I read Cotto's has 9/28 reserved to fight, but if it's up against Saul, not saying he won't beat him, but that would be pretty risky on his part, being that he has 2 losses in a row and is going against another undefeated up and comer.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: May 21 2013, 11:41 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 22 2013, 12:17 AM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

Naw cotto fighting on sept 28th

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 22 2013, 01:12 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Why would I want to see second May/Cotto fight when the first one was clearly Money's? There is no reason for these two to meet in the ring ever again.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 22 2013, 09:31 AM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Yeah, right when i thought about it and posted i seen Cotto had the called for the September 28th date. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . I just thought the fight would make sense since Mayweather wasn't 100% that night so he didn't dominate him as bad as he could have.

Mayweather and Canelo is still being talked about, I'm not sure how that will Pan out. I'd say 154 at fight night and go but I kudos if he Mayweather makes the match with no regulation, either way he takes it. Before i didn't like the weight advantage for Canelo but that really wont matter since Mayweather will be moving all 12 rounds, or atleast he better be.. Mayweather is in another league than Canelo, but Canelo does have potential

Canelo against Lara would be my favorite fight, Kirkland more than likely gets KOd by Canelo. Cotto just gonna get that ass whooped by everybody just because he has the name. I wouldn't be surprise if Broner gets his first PPV off cotto.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 22 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ May 21 2013, 11:27 PM) *
I was thinking about how Mayweather rematched Castillo because people thought it was close....So even though the first fight was a clear decision, Mayweather also knows that wasn't his best performance.

The first sentence of this post could mean so many things. Let's be real here, Mayweather HAS been using Cotto's name a lot in the build-up of the Guerrero fight. Isn't that one of the reasons that he changed trainers? I'm sure it's not the chief reason, but it was a significant one.

For all yall saying that nobody wants to see this fight, blah, blah, blah...please take a seat...ESPECIALLY if you bought the Guerrero fight for the frivolous reasons that it took place. And for all of you that are holding on to that 10-2 scorecard in favor of Floyd in the Cotto fight, please get your eyes checked.

Now, I'm not 100% sold on the idea of this fight, but Floyd did say that he was going to fight in September, and I surely don't remember him saying Sept 14th like some of you have already planted in your heads. If he did, then show me. There are 30 days in September, so the 14th is not the end all be all because of this Canelo nonsense.

Trust me, if Floyd knew that he comfortably won 10 of 12 rounds against Miguel, then there would be no reason for him to bring the fight up this many times. Had Cotto beaten feather-fist Trout or had a recent comeback bout, then I'd be arguing that this rematch should happen in the near future.

To avoid any further disappointment, let's get this Sept. 14th Mexican Independence weekend stuff out of our heads. What if he says that he wants to fight Garcia on Sept. 7th?

Do you really think GBP going to throw a Hulk tantrum while trying to shoot down Mayweather/Garcia, because they want Matthysse to fight Danny that bad? C'mon now...they'll make Mayweather/Garcia so quick, and Matthysse will have to sit on his thumbs as he's always done when it came to him getting his big shot.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 22 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 22 2013, 09:33 AM) *
The first sentence of this post could mean so many things. Let's be real here, Mayweather HAS been using Cotto's name a lot in the build-up of the Guerrero fight. Isn't that one of the reasons that he changed trainers? I'm sure it's not the chief reason, but it was a significant one.

For all yall saying that nobody wants to see this fight, blah, blah, blah...please take a seat...ESPECIALLY if you bought the Guerrero fight for the frivolous reasons that it took place. And for all of you that are holding on to that 10-2 scorecard in favor of Floyd in the Cotto fight, please get your eyes checked.

Now, I'm not 100% sold on the idea of this fight, but Floyd did say that he was going to fight in September, and I surely don't remember him saying Sept 14th like some of you have already planted in your heads. If he did, then show me. There are 30 days in September, so the 14th is not the end all be all because of this Canelo nonsense.

Trust me, if Floyd knew that he comfortably won 10 of 12 rounds against Miguel, then there would be no reason for him to bring the fight up this many times. Had Cotto beaten feather-fist Trout or had a recent comeback bout, then I'd be arguing that this rematch should happen in the near future.

To avoid any further disappointment, let's get this Sept. 14th Mexican Independence weekend stuff out of our heads. What if he says that he wants to fight Garcia on Sept. 7th?

Do you really think GBP going to throw a Hulk tantrum while trying to shoot down Mayweather/Garcia, because they want Matthysse to fight Danny that bad? C'mon now...they'll make Mayweather/Garcia so quick, and Matthysse will have to sit on his thumbs as he's always done when it came to him getting his big shot.

http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-90-cha...e-on-9-7--65804

Cshels, Schaefer says other wise! What a great month for boxing, heck sports in general. College football and the NFL will be starting! Yes sir!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 10:19 AM