IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jessie Vargas Does he regret leaving Mayweather Promotions?, Boxing irrelevence
Cshel86
post May 23 2013, 08:47 AM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 22 2013, 08:33 PM) *
something to consider: both floyd and oscar have massive egos. do you think they are the type to create fighters that would outshine their own accomplishments? oscar and floyd both have gone on record as saying they don't want to baby their fighters and will match them tough, but truth be told, both of them got to the positions they were/are in because of favorable match making by bob arum. i don't expect them to return the favor to any of their fighters anytime soon. maybe when they're much more mature men and realize that they stand to benefit by doing so. until then....i won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Interesting points sir. Between the two of them, I believe Oscar will let his fighters outshine him...well, just a couple of them. Oscar appears to live through Canelo, or so he's trying to.

Floyd on the other hand, doesn't have to worry about his fighters outshining him. Dude has got to be one of the most gifted fighters out there, and I dont think anybody will repeat that any time soon, that's from us watching him grow in the sport, to his current position.

I totally agree with your point about Arum and his match making with the two of them, though Floyd was the black sheep. Bob should be given credit for building these guys up.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post May 24 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 22 2013, 05:15 PM) *
making easy money and probably be protected for a while making easy money, yeah sure what a loser...

He was making 100 grand fighting on Floyds under card. Hes not making that kind of scratch fighting on ESPN. And did you see his last fight? He was getting his ass kicked and he eeked out a decision.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 25 2013, 04:55 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I feel sorry for Vargas at this point. He's in the middle of an informal WW tournament that has shit to do with him. Had he still fought at 140, then Arum could've given him something to work with.

At Top Rank, there are now guys who in the middle of moving up from 140 to 147 to fill this void on Arum's WW list. Rios and Alvarado are a level above Vargas in regards to competition and popularity at this point.

SO he may very well have to sit on his thumbs until this 6-man circus comes to a halt, so what seems to be a halt. He better hope that Arum pulls somebody from Goosen, DiBella, Duva, or Shaw to give Vargas a Bradley/Provodnikov-type of fight, or popularity purposes.

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 26 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Pretty sure he doesn't. He'll make more money and be better protected with Top Rank. He also has a better chance at getting a Pacquiao fight then he ever would getting a chance fighting Mayweather.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 26 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I just remember Floyd, before every fight, saying "Jesse Vargas is the future of boxing." I used to look at my TV like "nigga you don't even believe that yourself". I never was all that impressed with Jesse Vargas. I hope they throw him in there with a young lion and he gets his bitchass tossed up lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 26 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (sduck @ May 26 2013, 04:54 PM) *
Pretty sure he doesn't. He'll make more money and be better protected with Top Rank. He also has a better chance at getting a Pacquiao fight then he ever would getting a chance fighting Mayweather.

He wouldn't have fought Mayweather any way since he was promoted by him, and who's he going to fight, there aint no WW's really in the TR stable so if you mean protected in the sense of not fighting then I'm sure he doesn't regret it. He aint fighting no Manny Pacquiao, Rios got him next, Provodnikov his way more deserving of a Manny fight then Vargas and so is Alvarado, no way you can give a solid explanation as to why he gets that fight before them two dudes...he kinda played himself when he jumped ship

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 27 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Only reason Vargas has a better shot at Pacquiao than Mayweather is because Pacquiao is more likely to get knocked the fuck out again and need a tune up fight to boost his morale lol

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 07:09 AM