> MOSLEY VS MATTHYSE
neophyte7
post May 25 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 25 2013, 03:08 PM) *
I don't know....Diminished Mosley beat Cano - who is nothing special, after losing 3 fights in a row and one additional draw. And we are talking about him fighting a guy who won 6 fights in a row in a pretty impressive way? Seriously? Am I the only one who just doesn't see the logic behind that?

I hear you- more like mythical matchup in my head really..Just a thread discussion to see how people think Matthyse would fare against an aging welterweight and future hall of famer, who can still punch and has never been yet stopped. Not that it has to be taken all that seriously but all the hype of Matthyse's destructive power had me think of this matchup. Like I said. It is obvious the ring is going to have to retire Mosley because he has a name and will get some fights. Just wondering if a guy like Matthyse could vanquish Mosely like he did Peterson. IN PERSPECTIVE.. MATTHYSE HAS A STYLE that can see the rightly timed punch put him down and out. He is not unbeatable by any stretch of the imagination.

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 25 2013, 02:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 25 2013, 04:09 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

Mosley/Matthysse is a solid matchup. Mosley has become a gateway guy. I'd actually like to still see Mosley/Judah. Call it the battle of the gateway. I would like to see Matthysse/Garcia before any Mosley catchup though.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 25 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #13

Welterweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 25 2013, 05:09 PM) *
Mosley/Matthysse is a solid matchup. Mosley has become a gateway guy. I'd actually like to still see Mosley/Judah. Call it the battle of the gateway. I would like to see Matthysse/Garcia before any Mosley catchup though.

Battle of the gateway sounds real.... Mosley and Judah are names that are still fighting formidably. I mean Shane has one helluva chin and I am sure some of these young brawlers do not want to take the risk at beating him for the reward of his name on their resume. I mean, Shane has never been stopped and whoever does so if they can will probably end his career. I mean Matthyse can stay at 140 yet he if he wants to come to 147 and make an instant Splash he can come and end Mosley's career and demand whatever he wanted. If I was his team and I knew he could still bring power to 147, I would get a bout with Shane on upcoming under card- brutally KO Shane and then call out Mayweather

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 25 2013, 04:32 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 25 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

At this point, I'm just hoping that somebody retires Mosley for chrissake. I'm just tired of his nose, fat cheeks, jheri curl, weak trash talk, and willingness to whore himself out for another payday.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 25 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #15

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Ingenius marketing strategy and match up idea for Matthysse neophyte. A KO win over a legend with a iron bar chin would push him at the near top at 147. I think his power still carries as he weighs more than the likes of Floyd on fight night. Mosley loves to bang, Lucas kills guys who loves to bang, and I say why not? Goldenboy would be wise to set this up when/if Lucas moves up to welter. If Lucas KO's Mosley he would scare the welters even more than now.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 25 2013, 09:46 PM
Post #16

Welterweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 25 2013, 10:10 PM) *
Ingenius marketing strategy and match up idea for Matthysse neophyte. A KO win over a legend with a iron bar chin would push him at the near top at 147. I think his power still carries as he weighs more than the likes of Floyd on fight night. Mosley loves to bang, Lucas kills guys who loves to bang, and I say why not? Goldenboy would be wise to set this up when/if Lucas moves up to welter. If Lucas KO's Mosley he would scare the welters even more than now.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 26 2013, 12:32 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Please don't do this to shane. Funny thing is my friend offered up the same idea after we watched the cano fight. Mosley is a old good vet who's in need of some cash, please put him in there with some lighter punchers and let him make some money lol. Id rather he retire with his chin in tact

The winner of broner/paulie makes more sense for him. More money less risk

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 26 2013, 09:16 AM
Post #18

Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 26 2013, 01:32 AM) *
Please don't do this to shane. Funny thing is my friend offered up the same idea after we watched the cano fight. Mosley is a old good vet who's in need of some cash, please put him in there with some lighter punchers and let him make some money lol. Id rather he retire with his chin in tact

The winner of broner/paulie makes more sense for him. More money less risk

Mosley was not steam rolled by Pac man... Matthyse lost to Judah. Mosely at this stage is more of live dog than Judah who keeps getting shots at top guys.. I understan Matthyse is now being worshipped as God after destroying Peterson but I would give Shane a good shot at checking his chin

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 26 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 26 2013, 09:16 AM) *
Mosley was not steam rolled by Pac man... Matthyse lost to Judah. Mosely at this stage is more of live dog than Judah who keeps getting shots at top guys.. I understan Matthyse is now being worshipped as God after destroying Peterson but I would give Shane a good shot at checking his chin

There is no god talk bro, Idk where that came from. Mosley just barely got by cano who isn't very good at all, in a fight he was hurt in multiple times by a guy who isn't even a big puncher. Don't forget morales stopped this kid what two fights ago?

I'm not saying it wouldn't make for a decent fight but Mosley has better options

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 26 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I wouldn't want to see it but if it did happen there's no way I can see Shane winning this fight, Lucas takes him on points IMO

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:30 PM