Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Better Chance to win Rios over Pac, Saul over May or Garcia over Mathysse
sduck
post May 29 2013, 11:32 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Hmm, I seem to agree with daprofessor most the time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 30 2013, 02:31 AM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 29 2013, 06:20 PM) *
pac is going to ktfo rios. maybe inside 5 rounds...

floyd is going to school canelo and cruise to a ud.

garcia is going to be in a shoot out. i think everyone, including matthysse is selling him short...and lucas is going to sleep off a counter punch.

That's a bold prediction

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 30 2013, 07:40 AM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think Canelo might have the best shot at victory. Brandon Rios is a smaller version of Magarito IMO. If Manny can't beat a guy tailor made for him, he should just retire. Matthysse probably is the favorite going into a fight with Garcia, but that fight could very well come down to who gets off first. I think with Floyd, Alvarez is the toughest opponent on the table. It may be the toughest fight of his career. I know a lot of people feel that Canelo hasn't proved anything so he's going to get schooled. I'm not sure of that. Canelo is fast. He'll outweigh Floyd by like 30 lbs on fight night. He throws vicious combinations. I also think he's a smarter fighter than most people give him credit for. Floyd isn't a volume puncher, so I don't think Canelo's weight will be as much a factor as people think. Call it a hunch, but I think this is going to be a rough night for Floyd.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 30 2013, 08:13 AM
Post #14

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

[quote name='Franchize' date='May 30 2013, 08:40 AM' post='582673']
I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think Canelo might have the best shot at victory.

neither can I..Lmao.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 30 2013, 09:07 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 29 2013, 06:20 PM) *
pac is going to ktfo rios. maybe inside 5 rounds...

floyd is going to school canelo and cruise to a ud.

garcia is going to be in a shoot out. i think everyone, including matthysse is selling him short...and lucas is going to sleep off a counter punch.

Yes people are sleeping on Garcia. I doubt he's gonna fight as nervous as lamont looked that boy oozes confidence, both guys are gonna be in "sleep territory" during exchanges because both like to fire off in the middle of fire. I'm interested to see garcias game plan tho, because even when matthysse has been boxed he has managed to hurt and drop his opponent every time. And we haven't seen either guy REALLY hurt before or even dropped, I think this is gonna be foty.... But I ain't sleeping on jmm Bradley tho!!!!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 30 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 30 2013, 07:07 AM) *
Yes people are sleeping on Garcia. I doubt he's gonna fight as nervous as lamont looked that boy oozes confidence, both guys are gonna be in "sleep territory" during exchanges because both like to fire off in the middle of fire. I'm interested to see garcias game plan tho, because even when matthysse has been boxed he has managed to hurt and drop his opponent every time. And we haven't seen either guy REALLY hurt before or even dropped, I think this is gonna be foty.... But I ain't sleeping on jmm Bradley tho!!!!

The fight of the year candidate will probably Rios and Manny, if it lives up to its expectation. Garcia may get dropped, I think Lucas has a tough chin so maybe he can walk through Danny's punches. It will be a heck of a fight, I still like Lucas in this fight, either by a close UD or a knock out. Angel is not going to let his son take punishment. Mark my words the winner of this Match has a date with mayweather on the 5th of May next year.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 30 2013, 03:13 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 30 2013, 02:31 AM) *
That's a bold prediction

is it? i don't think so. i think in retrospect ppl are going to realize that they bought into the hype with matthysse and they severely underestimated garcia's abilities. go back and watch the khan/garcia fight. if u listen to the commentary, they were making it like khan was whoopin garcias ass and there was nothing he could do. the way i saw it...garcia was with him every step of the way and was zeroing in on his shots. khans right hand was landing...but garcia was rolling with it for the most part and countering or throwing with him almost every single time khan let lose. there's no doubt that khan had the speed advantage...but garcia seemed to land the harder/better shots imo. lucas isn't as fast as khan so it's going to be easier for garcia to see those shots coming and time his counters. he's good with both hands. unlike matthysse's last few opponents who had anywhere from a 34% to 47% ko ratio....danny is a legit puncher at the weight who started at 147 and came down to 140lb. he has a 61% ko ratio. he'll be the bigger/stronger guy in the ring.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 30 2013, 03:18 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 30 2013, 09:07 AM) *

i agree. definitely a foty candidate. this is probably the fight that i am anticipating the most. jmm/bradley is a close second....with floyd/canelo coming in at the 3rd spot. rigondeaux/mares would shake things up.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 31 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 30 2013, 03:13 PM) *
is it? i don't think so. i think in retrospect ppl are going to realize that they bought into the hype with matthysse and they severely underestimated garcia's abilities. go back and watch the khan/garcia fight. if u listen to the commentary, they were making it like khan was whoopin garcias ass and there was nothing he could do. the way i saw it...garcia was with him every step of the way and was zeroing in on his shots. khans right hand was landing...but garcia was rolling with it for the most part and countering or throwing with him almost every single time khan let lose. there's no doubt that khan had the speed advantage...but garcia seemed to land the harder/better shots imo. lucas isn't as fast as khan so it's going to be easier for garcia to see those shots coming and time his counters. he's good with both hands. unlike matthysse's last few opponents who had anywhere from a 34% to 47% ko ratio....danny is a legit puncher at the weight who started at 147 and came down to 140lb. he has a 61% ko ratio. he'll be the bigger/stronger guy in the ring.

That's what I said lol....I think some are falling in love with the KO's by Matthysse, it's going to be a good fight and for me it's a pick'em fight...I'm really going to enjoy it but I see a lot of people are already looking past the fight and crowning Lucas the victor, it will not be an easy night for either one of them

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 31 2013, 12:53 AM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 30 2013, 07:40 AM) *
I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think Canelo might have the best shot at victory. Brandon Rios is a smaller version of Magarito IMO. If Manny can't beat a guy tailor made for him, he should just retire. Matthysse probably is the favorite going into a fight with Garcia, but that fight could very well come down to who gets off first. I think with Floyd, Alvarez is the toughest opponent on the table. It may be the toughest fight of his career. I know a lot of people feel that Canelo hasn't proved anything so he's going to get schooled. I'm not sure of that. Canelo is fast. He'll outweigh Floyd by like 30 lbs on fight night. He throws vicious combinations. I also think he's a smarter fighter than most people give him credit for. Floyd isn't a volume puncher, so I don't think Canelo's weight will be as much a factor as people think. Call it a hunch, but I think this is going to be a rough night for Floyd.

I think he has quick reflexes, there's a difference, I think he has some good speed..but I agree that his ring IQ is a bit underrated..but that stamina and even when he's not tired he gets hit with shots that an amateur shouldn't even get hit with. He's facing an elite fighter, and he has glaring holes in his game. I'm not saying he can't win but I doubt he pulls it off

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:46 PM