Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Better Chance to win Rios over Pac, Saul over May or Garcia over Mathysse
BrutUalBK
post May 31 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Garcia has the best chance to outbox Lucas, as long as he stays off the ropes and out of the exchanges he can use movement and pull it off.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 31 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I'm actually starting to think that boxing would be canelos biggest chance to land something meaningful. He simply doesn't have the stamina to pressure Floyd for a long time and he sits on everything he throws so him missing will just gas him out even faster. And Floyd almost always gets caught by guys who are trying to box him, Judah, corley, cotto with his jab, Mosley. These guys all landed their shots by boxing, and canelo has the pop to land something very hard, I'm thinking jab or feint to the body and right hand over the top just like Mosley would be his best bet.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 31 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 31 2013, 01:31 PM) *
I'm actually starting to think that boxing would be canelos biggest chance to land something meaningful. He simply doesn't have the stamina to pressure Floyd for a long time and he sits on everything he throws so him missing will just gas him out even faster. And Floyd almost always gets caught by guys who are trying to box him, Judah, corley, cotto with his jab, Mosley. These guys all landed their shots by boxing, and canelo has the pop to land something very hard, I'm thinking jab or feint to the body and right hand over the top just like Mosley would be his best bet.

cotto had some success boxing. it's clear canelo will only make himself more vulnerable if he tries to take the fight to floyd. he's not going to outbox floyd. he doesn't have the reflexes or speed to hang with floyd. honestly...i can't see this fight going well for canelo at all. the only saving grace is that he is young...and there is no shame in losing to floyd at this point in his career. he'll bounce back after this loss.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 31 2013, 04:53 PM
Post #24

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 31 2013, 12:40 PM) *
cotto had some success boxing. it's clear canelo will only make himself more vulnerable if he tries to take the fight to floyd. he's not going to outbox floyd. he doesn't have the reflexes or speed to hang with floyd. honestly...i can't see this fight going well for canelo at all. the only saving grace is that he is young...and there is no shame in losing to floyd at this point in his career. he'll bounce back after this loss.

If he fights Floyd and loses that means he has no excuse to fight the real 154 -160 fighters! So he may take more L's on his record then what happens to his career. If he beats Floyd, then he really has to take on top competition and if he loses then what? This fight is a blessing and a curse, he can only face top competition. He has to.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 31 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 31 2013, 04:53 PM) *
If he fights Floyd and loses that means he has no excuse to fight the real 154 -160 fighters! So he may take more L's on his record then what happens to his career. If he beats Floyd, then he really has to take on top competition and if he loses then what? This fight is a blessing and a curse, he can only face top competition. He has to.

if canelo can beat floyd...sky is the limit. i actually think he can beat most at 154. i thought he loss to trout....but i can see him beating vanes, lara, molina, k-9, cotto, kirkland and angulo.

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 31 2013, 06:07 PM
Post #26

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

pacquiao should beat up rios badly but we have no idea how he's gonna be. if he's not ready for war we might see another jones/johnson.

floyd will outbox canelo.

matthysse/garcia is the most even fight. i favor lucas but would not surprised at all if garcia pulls it off.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 31 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #27

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 31 2013, 03:52 PM) *
if canelo can beat floyd...sky is the limit. i actually think he can beat most at 154. i thought he loss to trout....but i can see him beating vanes, lara, molina, k-9, cotto, kirkland and angulo.

I don't see him beating Lara. So who you picking for the 14?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:12 PM